Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Berzerker suggestions » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Berzerker suggestions 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Berzerker suggestions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is something the devs are looking at, anyone have some good suggestions to throw out there?

Damage reduction: This is something the devs want to come bacl to in future, how about giving them some damage blocking to represent they ignore wounds?

Ignore Punishment effects: This is something completely unlike anything currently implimented in the game. Show them to ne unstoppable in combat by ignoring any "unkown powers prevent attacks this round".

Negative health: Berzerkers can keep fighting into negative health to show that they're, well... Berserk :p Letting them try to fight to a draw, or contribute more in KotH and other Expos.
Either getting one last round "before they succumb to their wounds" or getting a value of negative health tied into their levels.

I'm not looking to wishlist a load of things I think they should have. I just think that we the players may have some interesting ideas to help make Berzerkers feel more like Berzerkers while making the tattoo class more appealing.

Hope we can help Smile

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
07-04-2014 02:13 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lol. why not? can we just go mental? or just beserk?

New special's; all with 1% chance of happeneing

'Bite his bloody ear off' Small chance to mortally wound someone/something in first round, gives -100 Agility & Perception & 1k damage

'You got a perdy mouth' Opponent gets -50% attacks.

'Blood? MY BLOOD? OMFG, YOU HIT ME! DIIEEE!!!' +100 damage

'I want to eat your babies!' +1 attack per round

'Your bleeding on my shoes, stop it' +30% Dodge

'Blood for the blood god!' +100 hp regen per hit

'Bwhahaha, Scream for me' +10% chance of crit

'You remind me of my father, I HATED MY FATHER' +100 toughness

'WHY SOOOO SERIOUS?' Instant win.

'Rainbows, Kittens & Murder!' +50 Agility

'Stick & Stones will break your bones' +20% Damage

'Knee to the groin' Opponent gets -10% dodge

'Slapity slap slap slap' Opponent cant attack that round

Hehehe..

07-04-2014 16:15 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Special 'Luis Suarez' attack - Bezerker bites arm off opponents with 1h melee/gun so that only one weapon can be used...

Quite like the punishment one although the negative health one is a bit (I'm being kind here) ridiculous. But hey who cares I'm a BK so I'll let the Bezerkers comment with actual serious suggestions Wink

07-04-2014 21:37 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Well all of these ideas.. are.. to be kind. The wurst ideas I've ever seen of how to change anything in my life and you shouldn't have fingers ty type your ideas.

Apart from Suarez one. That's hilarious
07-04-2014 23:38 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Berserker is meant to be a glass cannon so how about adding a +1 damage per 4 levels?

07-05-2014 01:40 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Clan: AS

My suggestion:
The art of being a maniac: initiative increases by 5% for every 5% loss in HP

07-05-2014 09:16 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Pops
Berserker is meant to be a glass cannon so how about adding a +1 damage per 4 levels?

^ this, see, pops here has the concept of glass cannon sorted nicely, so instead of fishing for less fragility, moar damage!
1/4 flat damage, and possibly some crit damage modifier if you're using 1h, that bit i'm still not sure about tbh though, 1h has its uses, take a glance at rohl before he went walkies. His 1h kit didn't do as much damage as the 2h.... but, he could hit alot higher agility mobs with it.

07-05-2014 10:44 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Going on from tigers suggestion, how about a 5% increase in critical damage modifier for every 20% hp loss? Or a 20% critical damage boost when hp is below 40% much in the same way cursed one arcana works?

I think defensive boost or hp boost would be a poor choice because zerker is meant to be a high damage low defence path

07-05-2014 16:44 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Pops
Going on from tigers suggestion, how about a 5% increase in critical damage modifier for every 20% hp loss? Or a 20% critical damage boost when hp is below 40% much in the same way cursed one arcana works?

I think defensive boost or hp boost would be a poor choice because zerker is meant to be a high damage low defence path

Its not a bad idea but its basically Searing Blood. X extra damage upon X lost life.

Cultist Bezerker would be pretty cool then. It doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I just see it as putting Searing Blood on a tattoo. The standard of +1/4 for 1h i think is a good idea.
07-05-2014 18:01 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

In all seriousness, i think that more tattoo's should have leveled increases.

imo; for zerker
Bloodlust; +1 damage per 5 levels
Sacrifice; +1% HP per 5 levels
Desire for Battle; chance for critical hit +1% Per 5 levels, additional 1 attack(s) every 55 levels.

Althou, im not really sure how you could spread that across 5 levels of each tattoo path :S

07-05-2014 19:11 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

Idea with bonuses per loosed HP is good, i like it.
in all game i play, berserker have bonuses per loosing HP, they are or very hard to hit at low HP or they are doing extra damage.. so why not?

to be correct with gunners, character defence per loosed HP is more acceptable for other tattoo, because damage per loosed HP will be too much on high LVLs

07-12-2014 21:57 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by Grizly
in all game i play, berserker have bonuses per loosing HP, they are or very hard to hit at low HP or they are doing extra damage.. so why not?

to be correct with gunners, character defence per loosed HP is more acceptable for other tattoo, because damage per loosed HP will be too much on high LVLs

zerkers should not get extra hp or def....its not what there tat is about -.-

extra dmg per lvl etc is fine..but rememebr what zerker tat is for...high dmg low def.....glass cannon

you want extra def go bk you want 1 hand and survivability go monk

cant use zerker properly..change tat or leave

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
07-12-2014 22:11 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:

extra dmg per lvl etc is fine..but rememebr what zerker tat is for...high dmg low def.....glass cannon

OOOOOHHHH BOOM HEADSHOT! TITS OR GTFO BY BAL!

but yes, why try to stop it being a glass cannon when it's the precise point, stop bothering about it being fragile and give it more boom

07-12-2014 22:30 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:

now this, as much as it pains me to say it, is the smartest post on this thread....

zerkers need the damage not the survivability, now people please stop complaining about "oh we need more health etc" as this wont help.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

07-13-2014 00:18 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

As a berzerker, i can only agree. I couldn't care less about extra def.

We need more dmg, to cut through everything that moves, with the risk of seeing every fight ending with very little hp left.

A more refined searing blood type of bonus would make a lot of sense.

Searing blood / breath of death (without the - agility loss)

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=83829aa1d5

For example the above should not happen.

100 agility difference, yet he crits at over 90% rate and my dmg cannot get past his defense fast enough, even with 5k hp more i still loose.

So in respect to many things I should win, with a small margin of hp. Yet I do not because berzerker has the lowest dmg per round capacity of all melee tatoos (even assassin).

Which somehow, completely negates the concept of a glass canon. Right now it's a glass pea shooter.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scourge: 07-13-2014 13:42.

07-13-2014 09:19 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

I say, best is damage, but if the admins will give damage bonus to zerk, then gunners will be very mad on this people...

So if most of you are good with damage bonus per missed HP, i don't see no problem... good for me

please i am not an good English speaker, so try to understand what i want to say from 80% of text (just ignore errors in my writing)

07-14-2014 05:08 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

quote:
I say, best is damage, but if the admins will give damage bonus to zerk, then gunners will be very mad on this people...

So if most of you are good with damage bonus per missed HP, i don't see no problem... good for me

please i am not an good English speaker, so try to understand what i want to say from 80% of text (just ignore errors in my writing)

you're going for basically searing blood, so, implement this and cultist zerker will be great, half dead 50% damage increase mmmmmm, could've gone for the wrong tat here....

07-14-2014 10:10 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

In that sense its the same as beastmaster being heavily biased to melee tattoos. Cultist will be ideal for berzerkers as cursed is ideal for gun users.

07-15-2014 19:16 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

1 HP resurrect don't help vs a BK...

Someone say: if you can't use properly the tattoo - change it! - ok, but too much players leave this path... and there is a back-question: are all the people wrong ??? or maybe this tattoo is not useful ????

BK can make on easy mode 400 defence, 60% bonus HP and same damage as Zerk, Zerk need bilions of stones to make a sheet weapon... and die in all expos, arenas, etc...

WE NEED CHANGES - to be correct WE NEED SOME NERFES for BK or

ignore defence for zerkers!!!

10-18-2014 21:35 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Clan: CoS

quote:
1 HP resurrect don't help vs a BK...

Someone say: if you can't use properly the tattoo - change it! - ok, but too much players leave this path... and there is a back-question: are all the people wrong ??? or maybe this tattoo is not useful ????

BK can make on easy mode 400 defence, 60% bonus HP and same damage as Zerk, Zerk need bilions of stones to make a sheet weapon... and die in all expos, arenas, etc...

WE NEED CHANGES - to be correct WE NEED SOME NERFES for BK or

ignore defence for zerkers!!!

I really don't understand the point why some people have such strange rant over the black knights!!! And rather than researching over what you had been smoking lately, I'd rather explain a few things that went wrong in your post.
1 . After the last patch a good number of players have shifted to berserker. If you follow the global chat you should know that by now.
2 . If you consider one tattoo such as berserker is not useful , I would reckon no other tattoo is useful too.
3 . Only a few very end game black knights have an useful gear set that provide them to have >400 defence. And I better remind you it's of no use against guns.
4 . 60% bonus hp? Where did you dig that fact from?
5 . Even if you just compare the two handed melee weapons then evidently suicide or vengeance does deal a lot more damage than that any else suffix, point to be noted , black knights suffer 10% reduced damage in every crit so I don't see how do they deal the same damage.
6 . I don't know of any tattoo atm which offers items that don't require huge amount of stones to be spent for working well.

Mate, let me explain this in a simpler way, each and every tattoo is designed for doing some specific jobs. While bk is made for castling any situation, berserkers are meant to be glass cannons, higher damage but lower defence.

Even still you have any confusion over your tattoo, change it to bk. You'll be happy to utilise the great tattoo bonuses as you've mentioned already.

10-18-2014 23:28 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
1 . After the last patch a good number of players have shifted to berserker. If you follow the global chat you should know that by now.

So erm...myself and levija then.... and as far as im aware I was zerker pre patch as was levi.

quote:
2 . If you consider one tattoo such as berserker is not useful , I would reckon no other tattoo is useful too.

Stop being facetious, it doesnt befit someone with so little understanding.

quote:
3 . Only a few very end game black knights have an useful gear set that provide them to have >400 defence. And I better remind you it's of no use against guns.

you insinuated that people had been smoking something in your post so I am going to ask the same question of you. BK's are effective with very low gear standards. Higher up BK's have crazy stats as they are trying to squeeze the last dregs of damage out of their kit. Before the latest patch you were also given a reduction in Def requirements opening up a plethora of new ways to build. you are correct in stating that defence is no use against guns although the natural toughness that comes with said defence IS useful against guns.

quote:
4 . 60% bonus hp? Where did you dig that fact from?

99.9% of ALL BK's are using the suffix bloodsucker that is unusable by a zerker due to needing vengeance OR suicide on their weapon. at P5 the bloodsucker suffix comes with this little gem base HP +59 %, ... I dont think grizly is wrong by much in this regard. But seeing as you seem to be so clued in to the inner workings of BK's im sure you merely overlooked this fact.

quote:
5 . Even if you just compare the two handed melee weapons then evidently suicide or vengeance does deal a lot more damage than that any else suffix, point to be noted , black knights suffer 10% reduced damage in every crit so I don't see how do they deal the same damage.

BK's and zerkers get the same amount of attacks. I agree that vengeance and suicide deal a hell of alot more damage on a swing by swing basis. 60% extra HP from a weapon and 400-500 defence means that a BK can sustain a massive amount of punishment over a zerker. This means over a sustained fight a zerker would die where a BK wouldnt. A dead zerker does 0 damage.

Ill put it in moron so you find it easier to understand.

Car #1 200 horsepower VS Car# 400 hp
Car 1 has traction.
Car 2 does not.
Car 1 can use 100% of its power as it has traction.
Car 2 can use 0% of its power as it has no traction.

In a race car #1 will win although on paper it looks as though it shouldnt.

IF YOU CANT PUT THE POWER DOWN THEN YOU HAVE NO POWER.

quote:
6 . I don't know of any tattoo atm which offers items that don't require huge amount of stones to be spent for working well.

The economy is broken, as a small server we have masses of stones going in with no items to be created due to the reduced number of overall quests on the server.

The droprate of legendary 2h weapons with a decent suffix (not your BK low tier trash, "inquisitor, bloodsucker etc) is painfully low when compared to that of 1h guns or 2h guns and yet the demand for them is crazy. All tattoo paths are expensive to do well with yes but as a zerker you are REQUIRED to have one of the 2 suffixes and they are NOT trash tier so in essence you are REQUIRED to spend stupid stones on an acceptable zerker build to even contemplate keeping up with a BK of the same level.

quote:
Mate, let me explain this in a simpler way, each and every tattoo is designed for doing some specific jobs. While bk is made for castling any situation, berserkers are meant to be glass cannons, higher damage but lower defence.

so why do BK's do the same damage as a BK overall? If you want to bunker down and be a "castle" you should be hindered for doing so.

quote:
Even still you have any confusion over your tattoo, change it to bk. You'll be happy to utilise the great tattoo bonuses as you've mentioned already.

All I grasp from your constant comments is that you are the one that is confused.

I agree that I am biased in a way but not because I am a zerker. I am biased because I watched the entire server swap tattoo over 2 years ago to BK because it was broken. Then I watched the requirements to be a good BK reduced in the form of tattoo requirements being lessened. Now they recognize that BK was broken and give you a 10% nerf on crits and yet, compared to the other 2h class you are still broken.

quote:

Smile

10-19-2014 02:27 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

ok i dont think ignore def would work since i dont think ppl would find a happy medium

so what about when a zerker gets to 50% hp they start getting mad and all crits get an extra 0.5-1 extra crit modifer but they be swinging angry so get a - 5-10 to hit

just thought that popped in my head
10-19-2014 03:36 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
TigerDrive
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-09-2011
Clan: AS

Here's my suggestionFrown basically like classic RPG buffs)
1. +1dmg/4lv
2.extra attack per round(<=50%hp; blood boiling rage(going berserk and stuff))
3.after resurrection; Max dodge( name it: past mistakes)

10-19-2014 11:08 TigerDrive is offline Homepage of TigerDrive Search for Posts by TigerDrive Add TigerDrive to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of TigerDrive: - YIM Account Name of TigerDrive: - View the MSN Profile for TigerDrive
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc

I switched to Black Knight because of the clear advantage in doing so.

The first time I saw a 'Zerker get back up again it led to a drawn fight.

IT WAS FREAKIN COOL. It isn't just the PvP here (although that's a huge part). How are ypu giys finding your usefulness in KotH and expeditions?

I've said this somewhere else, I think Berzerkers should get a 10% crit boost.

10-19-2014 15:50 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
How are ypu giys finding your usefulness in KotH and expeditions?

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=7932d28d56

quote:

Smile

10-19-2014 16:21 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Crit boost? Seriously? Berzerker is ridiculously easy to get high crit chance. Evo + elvish + legendary 2h means youre pretty much at max with stuff most players use anyway. Thats without any crit chance from weapons.

That with 4x damage multiplier means if youre not doing enough damage youre playing the character wrong its that simple.

While i agree that bk needed a nerf, berzerker does not need a boost imo. I dont play a berzerker, but i do know that most players struggle vs a decent 2h melee setup. Even a strong 1h melee setup can be hard to beat.

The way it is now there are other weaker weapons that need sorting first. Just look at the damage records.

10-19-2014 17:53 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
quote:

This report speaks of it all. Berserker runs the rampage at the cost of his own vitality. The black knight tanks the party but comes out second about dealing damage.
Paranoia I for a second I thought you double mocked me the way I did by echoing his own line "change the tat" to whatever HE THINKS is superior. Then I understood your sense of humor is getting rusty Wink

P.s. Although this debate will never stop this bk vs berserker but I think rather than killing frenzy the berserkers could do better with additional damage when their hp is low. That would be far more realistic.

10-19-2014 19:06 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

I find it amusing that because dalilah with a setup worth less than 1 3rd of mine came second you find reason to compare us.

thats like comparing me to nndungu....

He does more damage than me so BK's must be massively overpowered.

Make a fair comparison or dont make one at all.

here is a lovely comparison for you.

Stop being bad and blaming your tattoo

Im higher level than you with more valuable gear so my tattoo is overpowered.

quote:

Smile

10-19-2014 19:38 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by souvik
quote:
quote:

This report speaks of it all. Berserker runs the rampage at the cost of his own vitality. The black knight tanks the party but comes out second about dealing damage.
Paranoia I for a second I thought you double mocked me the way I did by echoing his own line "change the tat" to whatever HE THINKS is superior. Then I understood your sense of humor is getting rusty Wink

P.s. Although this debate will never stop this bk vs berserker but I think rather than killing frenzy the berserkers could do better with additional damage when their hp is low. That would be far more realistic.

I'm inclined to agree with souvik, vlade was gangster, went gunman, he does more damage than me.
Same comparison.
Gg wp get rekt tjeky nub.

10-19-2014 19:42 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

OMG PLEASE BUFF ZERKERS!!! BKS ARE SO OVERPOWERED!!!

see my proof

Buff me pl0x

see... this proves unquestionably that BK's are broken and overpowered.

quote:

Smile

10-19-2014 19:53 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Paranoia I really don't understand your point. You go attack the greatest player this server has ever seen (dooz who happens to be a black knight and 22 levels higher than you, he is also one of the few luckiest players to the best gears in the game) with half of his agility, miss him every time, get your @$$ kicked that you saw it coming and start crying over here.
I would like to pay you back by your coin

http://r1.bloodwars.net/msg/msg_61467861_c8bb7e5040.html

see... this proves unquestionably that Berserkers are broken and overpowered.

Edit : Obviously, no matter how much a tattoo has been blessed of , the players will keep chanting it's of no use invariably over its rival tattoo. But frankly I don't understand why most of the berserkers choose it, carries it successfully over time and howl wherever they can about the defence of the black knights. Seriously if you have problem with your tattoo then either deal yourself with it or replace it. Don't spoil the forum pages with your failure reports.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by souvik: 10-19-2014 20:14.

10-19-2014 20:04 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

I edited that into an earlier post. I was making a point. I am bigger than you as I am bigger than Dalilah who you used in reference to BK's everywhere earlier.

I made 2 unfair comparisons which you picked up on.

But when you make an unfair comparison to solidify your own point its acceptable.

You seem to have a unique ability to blame everything else because you personally are not up to standard for your level.

you may see this as a personal attack but its the cold hard truth.

Get a prefix on your weapon, Get some attacks and then start comparing an end game tattoo to a zerker.

quote:

Smile

10-19-2014 20:08 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

That expo was cool Big Grin

The issue is:
Berzerkers should be doing more damage than Black Knights.

Not:
Berzerkers should be able to beat Black Knights.

BKs will always be annoying for Mellee users. I have trouble with Agility as a BK, but get to Tank and hit pretty damn hard in the bargain. There are different upsides and downsides for each tattoo and some ARE easier than others.

10-19-2014 22:09 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Just one more point here...

People know that Berzerkers DO have some advantages over Black Knights, right?

Zerkers can get their Punishment effect from a Mask, as well the Arcana boost.

Black Knights are more likely to get their Punishment effect from shorts of Dodges, which hurts their potential Agility.

If a Black Knight wants a Cape, it likely has to be a Field Cape of Speed whuch hits their stats again (and needs to be P+2 for tattoo requirements).

Agility is no small consideration. Berzerkers attack first, can more confidently hit bigger mivs, and can avoid Black Knights hitting them.

10-20-2014 01:52 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

quote:
The issue is:
Berzerkers should be doing more damage than Black Knights.
Not:
Berzerkers should be able to beat Black Knights.

Agree!
But we speak about a toooOO big differences:
1. zerk can't use all bonuses from KOTX - i destroy horns with : 100, 120 and 3/4 defence, because i can't use them...
2. he must be a glass canon - i don't see that, not at low LVL expo and not at high LVL, just only vs gunners who use solar

So my opinion is the same, zerk need a little buff, all ideas that i see there i like:
- 1 attack per round if HP is lower that 50%
- after resurrection get a dodge nonus
- damage per LVL when you are under 50% HP (similar to C1)

or make a new horns for 0 defence players, to compensate the lack of defence horns...

EDIT:
quote:
If a Black Knight wants a Cape, it likely has to be a Field Cape of Speed whuch hits their stats again (and needs to be P+2 for tattoo requirements).

don't forgot about 75chances to hit - this is a good compensation for agility you loose

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Grizly: 10-20-2014 19:38.

10-20-2014 19:35 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

That tattoo hit boost is nice, but it doesn't stretch too far and has to compensate for a lot O.o

No Tiger's prefix on helmet.
Limited body armour choices.
Punishment effect being most practical on pants, limiting Agility again.
It DOES add up.
It also doesn't need fixing. Every tattoo needs a drawback. BK struggles with hit, but gets to hit hard and take a beating.

I appreciate the problem with Enchantments though. It would be nice if they can add some Monkzerker friendly ones.

My suggestion now for Berzerker: Additional attack every 100 levels. Give them late game gas.

10-20-2014 20:04 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

I see one problem that's obvious, no one possibly has played through both these tattoos and share their experience. That's what leads to all the debates.
It was designed like this,

black knight : like a true knight he guards the party. Takes maximum hits and as he castling the others with heavy armor , his movement is limited and he is liable to take a lot of hits for this reason . His skills allow him to deliver critical hits every now and then and although he's rooted in the ground (compared to others) he has quite a long reach that can hit opponents higher than that of his own agility. He also must research over his damage dealing power to stand taller, because although he's blessed with crit and hit chance, cutting deep is not what he has been blessed with.

Note: That's the standard definition and with some experiments the typical characteristics may be altered to some extent. For example whenever Dooz enters the ground he makes the fight a child's play with monk like agility, berserker like damage, gunner like hits per round and possibly the highest hp regeneration in game. It's the different setups and his God like high level that allows him to create such wonder.

Berserker : They are the red Sonja of the party. They have literally no armour defence , but can challenge any melee character in terms of agility. They are not gifted with such high crit like knights but Elvish etc does provide them with enough chance. Although highly criticised over years, it's beyond any arguments that they are the hardest hitters in the game. They are made for and only for one reason, dealing damage at any cost even if it means their own life. Truly, they get a one time resurrection after they fall in any battle.

Note : Berserker is highly end game tattoo and it's lethality depends too much over the gears. Thus if not configured properly, this character can backfire at any time. Oh another point, the tattoo doesn't allow any defence from the gears but character defence and toughness is allowed so while configuring that should be kept in mind. The report from Paranoia tells a lot about their strength and weaknesses .

10-21-2014 06:37 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Im just going to put this here for herald so he can see that agility isnt really a problem for BK's Smile

also see the prefix on the crown?

and AND he can hit 550 agility with a 2h weapon like a train 14 times a round with room to gain more agility from jewels if he so wished

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c1bf8be372

quote:

Smile

10-21-2014 12:07 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

quote:
Im just going to put this here for herald so he can see that agility isnt really a problem for BK's Smile

also see the prefix on the crown?

and AND he can hit 550 agility with a 2h weapon like a train 14 times a round with room to gain more agility from jewels if he so wished

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c1bf8be372

Whoa I believe it took a few billions of stones to make such a setup, and definitely unmatched fortune lol.
Jokes apart, completely end game gear perfected for a role model. Here's a great example that it's not the tattoo that makes the character but the gears. If ice cream changes the tattoo to berserker and just changes the weapon to a perfect +5 agile xxx of vengeance or suicide then she'll be definitely way more lethal with far more damaging power. I repeat with the same setup of what is in use right now. Here's another example of an end game berserker rage
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d911c2cd5d
Albert Hoffman clearly stands taller than the other two party members. Note both of them are black nights including dooz. Albert too is a black knight turned berserker so the hypotheses is proved that berserker is the apex two handed melee tattoo.

10-22-2014 04:30 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
pipey

Registration Date: 07-20-2013

actually souvik you are wrong in that expo, as it stands you can't count there overall damage as albert gets more hits in, in the second round before the mob dies, so if you count only the first round as both members got all there attacks in, and they both hit all hits and were also all crits, you can clearly see that nn hits more damage. now it may only be that the difference in damage is 3k, kind of a small amount, but this is due to albert having an extra attack enchant, which helps him close that gap, but still he's the lower damage dealer here..
10-22-2014 05:04 pipey is offline Search for Posts by pipey Add pipey to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Berzerker suggestions

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH