Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Battlefield » Battlefield - Underworld » The Grand Master of the Order killed » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Grand Master of the Order killed 3 Votes - Average Rating: 8.333 Votes - Average Rating: 8.333 Votes - Average Rating: 8.33
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: DB

The Grand Master of the Order killed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=708411f648
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=053f3577dd

01-23-2009 10:18 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Impressive! Congratulations.
Will take a while till I can get enough perception to fight them...

01-23-2009 10:51 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

RE: The Grand Master of the Order killed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well done, i don't think i will be ready for this for another 8 months...

01-23-2009 11:20 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
diablo

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by diablo

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=23a2a12969

Didn't take that long Wink

07-18-2009 19:36 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

quote:
quote:

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=23a2a12969

Didn't take that long Wink

super_luck..but_nice_Wink

07-18-2009 20:36 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Clan: OMFG

"Suddenly the wind blew sand into your opponent's eyes. An instant later it was all over. The last head of hydra had been cut off."

what the hell?

since when does a hydra come into this?

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

07-18-2009 22:28 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

It's metaphor.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
07-18-2009 22:37 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pleb
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
It's metaphor.

or the devs plain failing liek they usually do, fail to see how that is a metaphor, and if it is, they could have tried to use it in better context

07-18-2009 22:39 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Order = 'Hydra'
Grandmaster = Last head of 'Hydra'

07-18-2009 22:58 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pleb
Forum Ace

it's a pretty awful metaphor then, find me a link between the order: an organisation hell bent on destroying vampires
and the hydra:a mythical multi headed beast (slain by hercules)

07-18-2009 23:04 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

It's like this: destroying the Order is as hard as to slain multi-headed Hydra. It's referring to previous chain of task sieges where you were fighting with members of the Order.
One siege = one head down

07-18-2009 23:10 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pleb
Forum Ace

still a fairly bad analogy.
they could've chosen countless other things
and mentioning hydra, which we all know is an expedition mob could cause confusion.

07-18-2009 23:18 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

I don't see anything wrong in their choice.

07-18-2009 23:34 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

This Battlefield, not the place for such discussion.

07-18-2009 23:55 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
super_luck..but_nice_Wink

Where was the luck part?! I had 6 attacks left...

07-19-2009 11:03 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Grand Master Ulrich (*) (@) attacks with Perfect Demonic Mace (+5), diablo (*) (@) takes 220 damage.
Crusader knight of the Order attacks with Perfect Sniper rifle (+1), diablo (*) (@) dodges the strike.
Crusader knight of the Order attacks with Perfect Sniper rifle (+1), diablo (*) (@) takes 202 damage.
Crusader knight of the Order attacks with Perfect Sniper rifle (+1), diablo (*) (@) dodges the strike

no critical and u dodge.
let me rephrase it... "SUPER RNG!"

07-19-2009 11:11 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
diablo

My perception wasn't that low, so it is expected that I might dodge. Plus, even if I got all the 4 hits it still wouldn't be enough to kill me. There was no extraordinary luck at all.
Comparing my result and cesarz I'd say he was superlucky, not me. On the other hand, he did it a long time before me Smile

07-19-2009 11:48 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

You had 161 perception, and Crusader knight of the Order had 215 perception(so he probably had 90% chance to hit you), in CESARZ's report you can see, he strikes him critically 3 times in a row, so you were extremely lucky Tongue . Luck is a part of the skill, and you have to be really good to at least have a opportunity to win like that Wink . Just don't give the people that bullcrap:
quote:
There was no extraordinary luck at all.
cheers Wink

quote:
IGN: Atomos

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 07-19-2009 13:40.

07-19-2009 13:40 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
foxy9
Lord

Registration Date: 06-27-2009
Clan: LIG + DASH

Lol RnG loves mods i think, hates the rest, still both nice wins

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Trailer) Its Brilliant
07-19-2009 13:46 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
diablo

I'm not trying to undermine cesarz's accomplishment.

Undivisible, I still can't see how you perceive luck, but I don't think I was extremely lucky. I needed to survive just a few hits as I know I can do the damage needed in (less than) one round. Extreme luck would be if I'd attack first and just pwned them.
probably had 90% chance to hit is not good enough for me, I need it without the 'probably' part.

foxy9: Thanks for the spam, it was really needed Roll Eyes
If you don't have anything to post then just don't post at all.

07-19-2009 14:14 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

quote:
probably had 90% chance to hit is not good enough for me, I need it without the 'probably' part.
Ok, here it goes:
his chance to hit: [70(base chance to hit) + 215 x 3(his perception rises his chance to hit by 3 with each point)] - 161 x 3(your perception lowers his chance to hit by 3 with each point) = 715 - 483 = 232% chance to hit, but it's limited to 90%, and that means you must have at least 48 peception more to have a resonable chance to dodge(but it would still be 88% to hit Tongue ). I wrote "probably" because we don't know how much luck he has. Anyway do you know how much often dodging 2 of 3 his attacks happens? It happens 27 times during each 1000 tries Pleased , on the other hand probability of getting hit 3 times is: 729 to 1000. Also his Perfect Sniper rifle (+1) has + 102% chance for critical hit(still limited to 85%), I don't have the time to count this, but the probability of getting no critical hit from him is also very low. You were lucky as hell imo.

ED@down: no you didn't need only this Tongue , and you know it ;D If these two misses from knight were critical hits(which would be fair) you would loose

quote:

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 07-19-2009 15:49.

07-19-2009 15:03 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
diablo

Your math is right, but I only needed the grandmaster not to land a critical hit and I'd still kill them both.

07-19-2009 15:23 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Well done!

07-20-2009 05:03 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

quote:
Your math is right, but I only needed the grandmaster not to land a critical hit and I'd still kill them both.

normal_damage
Crusader knight of the Order attacks with Perfect Sniper rifle (+1), diablo (*) (@) takes 202 damage.

if_critical_then_the_damage_would_be_404.
3x404=1212

ur_hit_point=1118
so_ya_u_will_need_both_the_mob_not_to_strike_critical.
which_they_didn't_LUCK!!!_or_RNG!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by minshres: 07-20-2009 06:35.

07-20-2009 06:35 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
dooz
Viking

Well, its not really that probable for the crusader making 3 critical in a row.
Chance to hit = 89% (assuming he has no luck)
Chance to critical 85%
Chance to hit and critical = 76,5%
Chance to hit and critical 3 times in a row = 44,8%

Anyway enough talk of luck and chance. Nice work mate, i will need to borrow your square soon so i can try this as well Tongue

07-20-2009 08:40 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
JohnnyChrist

Registration Date: 08-01-2009

You're lucky diablo and don't be so stubborn, 'couse it's pitiful Wink
CESARZ - greetings and congratulations for defeating Grand Master of Order ;D 10/10

I'm from Poland, so sorry for my English Smile
08-02-2009 17:57 JohnnyChrist is offline Search for Posts by JohnnyChrist Add JohnnyChrist to your Buddy List
diablo

Who are you to judge it?
EDIT: Don't bother replying, if you haven't got anything to actually add to the discussion.

08-02-2009 21:08 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

nicely done 8|

looking at the perc on the other guy without the act 2 patch 1h gunners wouldave been badly shafted on things like this

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 08-02-2009 23:30.

08-02-2009 23:29 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

RE: The Grand Master of the Order killed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My turn:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=753cad77c1
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=e67d15d5e2

08-17-2009 11:02 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Excellent and gratz mate Smile

08-17-2009 11:10 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
foxy9
Lord

Very nice, even if knight got another att u were save.

Wink Well Done

08-17-2009 11:10 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
My turn:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=753cad77c1
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=e67d15d5e2
He came, he saw and he conquered.
Well done.

08-17-2009 11:53 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Helldemon
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 01-21-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Hll

got lucky with last sniper dodge Smile

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=505a80a4fa

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Helldemon: 09-17-2009 16:09.

09-17-2009 16:09 Helldemon is offline Search for Posts by Helldemon Add Helldemon to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Helldemon
got lucky with last sniper dodge Smile

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=505a80a4fa

2 sniper hits out of four and Ulrich missing all his 5 attacks Shocked wow! talk about luck, but hey, great job! and gratz

/Edit:
Actually i can really say anything about the grandmaster missing all hits, i don't know the -to hit of his weapon, and if you have any +to dodge bonus

/Edit2:
Grand Master Ulrich (*) (@) attacks with Perfect Demonic Mace (+5), Helldemon (*) (@) dodges the strike.

Your foe wielded a greatsword which he used as if it was a wooden toy.??? something is wrong with the flavor text

/Edit3:
Also gratz on being the lowest leveled person to complete this task Wink

09-17-2009 20:25 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Helldemon
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 01-21-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Hll

Thank's Dooz, think their's a big minus on that mace and got plus's on both my 1h's and 10 agility off cursed 1 but was very lucky with sniper or Ulrich not getting the odd hit off

09-17-2009 21:34 Helldemon is offline Search for Posts by Helldemon Add Helldemon to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Your foe wielded a greatsword which he used as if it was a wooden toy.??? something is wrong with the flavor text
Well, on the first necro type serwer the Grand master was using greatsword, so the this text remained as it is.

Anyway Maces chance to hit is getting lower as it is upgraded, at level P+5 it would be around: -44. Look how hard it is to hit with non legendary shuriken, when there's even a slight difference in total. It could be predicted, but doing this task on such low level, and without some awesome equipment/meele race is quite impressive Smile (hitting the knight with horror was a bit lucky though xD)

quote:

09-18-2009 02:09 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Finally! Big thx to diablo for his items.
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=508cb6d7d3

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=55658ff19f

09-18-2009 17:35 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:

woooooooot Big Grin

gratz Smile

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

09-18-2009 17:39 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

quote:

thats the best out of all Wink nice one Wink

edit: jus manged to do mine as well
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f663d7ffd1
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=234054baf4

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by minshres: 09-19-2009 13:49.

09-19-2009 11:12 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
foxy9
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
quote:

thats the best out of all Wink nice one Wink

edit: jus manged to do mine as well
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f663d7ffd1
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=234054baf4

Mortis = I think record hp left =)
Minshres = Lol u nearlly could ko both with 1 att each =)

09-19-2009 16:49 foxy9 is offline Search for Posts by foxy9 Add foxy9 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Battlefield » Battlefield - Underworld » The Grand Master of the Order killed

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH