Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Auction Time Extension » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Auction Time Extension 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Auction Time Extension Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just lost an auction to a bad signal, AGAIN.

Can the auction time extension window be extended from 30 seconds to 60 seconds?

Losing out to "snipers" who hit a barr minimum bid extention at 31 seconds because of bad weather is REALLY starting to annoy me.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
10-14-2014 09:03 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I completely agree, maybe even 90 seconds.

10-14-2014 10:14 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Some times the only way for people to win the auctions is to snipe and hope the other person isn't on the ball.

I think you should be thankful that they extend at all.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-14-2014 12:27 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

They should just use auction system similar to ebay.

Set max price and don't have to bother watching auctions

10-14-2014 13:41 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc

They're winning not because I "wasn't on the ball", but because of a technical error.

And for every person low on stones relying on this technical exploit, how many players with hordes of stones are there doing it to keep their hordes of stones AND grab items?

If it's just me, fine. I'm a minority having trouble with their phone.

But if a lot of people are getting screwed over by an exploit it probably needs looking at.

10-14-2014 13:44 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

You mean an autobid up to a preset amount, Nndungu?

10-14-2014 13:46 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

yes, exactly that

10-14-2014 14:03 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Cmon, sniping with 30s extension cannot even be called sniping Smile

10-14-2014 14:17 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

And yet it's a really common tactic...

It's no problem when watching auction on computer. But on phone if network coverage is poor it can be

10-14-2014 14:26 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

It's a technical issue, and losing to poor weather or drunk servicemen is a bit feel bad :|

Also, I got to enjoy a glitch while bidding (I presume because my signal was duff) that prevented me from bidding. I then had to try and reload the page, aaaaand it was gone Frown

Can I report to the operators that if I severely overbid on certain merge pieces it isn't pushing, it's desperation? :/

10-14-2014 14:44 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

If you cannot be around at the end of the auction its not BW fault is it.. This is because you lost an auction, its not a problem with the game. If you have no signal then change to a mobile provider with better connection in your area?

As Szes said its not even sniping when its 30 seconds.. If you are sniping an auction its within 2-3 seconds before it ends, to catch other people off guard, but the system extends an auction to stop this.
10-14-2014 19:19 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

If it's not a problem, then it only happens to me.

If it happens to a small number of people, it's a minor problem.

If it happens all the damn time, it's a problem.

I've at least raised the issue.

But condescending to me saying I wasn't there, when I WAS there but unable to do anything, is rude and offencive. This isn't the first time it's happened. It probably won't be the last. And if it's a problem a lot of people are having it may need a minor tweak.

Having a fibre optic broadband and no need to ever leave the house shouldn't be the number one factor in succeeding at this game <.<

10-14-2014 20:52 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
If it's not a problem, then it only happens to me.

If it happens to a small number of people, it's a minor problem.

If it happens all the damn time, it's a problem.

I've at least raised the issue.

But condescending to me saying I wasn't there, when I WAS there but unable to do anything, is rude and offencive. This isn't the first time it's happened. It probably won't be the last. And if it's a problem a lot of people are having it may need a minor tweak.

Having a fibre optic broadband and no need to ever leave the house shouldn't be the number one factor in succeeding at this game <.<

I play 95% of this game on my phone and have done for years.. I don't have this problem and I don't know many, if any, others that complain about this problem. I have seen no other people complain about this before. I am on O2 as a provider in the UK and have yet to have a problem, a friend that used to play used 3G from Tesco Mobile, once again, no problem.

I have just checked the forum and got bored at about 16-05-2010, there are no other people saying auction times are too much of a pain on the mobile, feel free to double check and I will apologise if you can find one.

But as Para said you should be lucky that auctions are extended, most auctions don't close because somebody comes in and goes oh wait i need 30x seconds extra please hold up for me.
10-14-2014 21:03 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

It was a graphical bug, followed by slow service trying to reload the damn thing. Either one of them alone would have been nothing but I didn't stand a chance of doing anything even though I was right there.

It was frustrating.

If it's just me, then it's just me.

But I've said my piece. I'm happy to get on with it if it isn't a problem for anyone else and chalk up to a bad run same as when the RNG decides it hates you for the day.

10-14-2014 22:13 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Clan: CoS

Well herald you are not the only one having problem with network connection, I think I'm another victim of the same. No matter whatever network I chose seemed to have a signal strength not exceeding 100 kilo bits per second and yeah, I do get kicked in the auctions 90% times.
But I'm not okay with the time extension, in fact sometimes I feel even 30 second seems too high but to be honest it's the optimum time scheduled for safeguarding your good .
You have definitely seen the fights over duplicate bids . Now imagine where can their value may rise up if the time limit is extended.
Instead there is an appeal to the developer team, the last patch offered a unique feature that brings us on the isolated bidding window of the item that I have just been outbidded. If they can make it less data consumptive hence faster to load it can be way better a solution.

10-15-2014 06:46 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I would like to ppint out that today's Diamond Signet is not a pushed item, I threw that many stones at it to make sure I get it.

Last thing I need for Vengeful set merges.

If I get a ban after all this I won't be very happy :p

Everyone seems fine with it. It's a UK hardware issue and there's not too much players or devs can do about it. But can that be taken into account on big bids? Sometimes a player will just need to throw enough at an important item the deal hunters turn tail and run O.o

10-15-2014 15:02 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

And i thank you for those stones Smile

10-16-2014 07:03 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

You're welcome :p

Someone started putting on bare minimum outbids, so I just clobbered them with bigger leaps to put them off.

10-16-2014 09:09 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I think this discussion is a bit off-topic now. Just to recap - 30 seconds should be enough time to prevent any kind of auction sniping. Even if we were to increase the time extension, the same arguments could be made to extend it even further. 1 minute? Nah, too short, give us 2 minutes. -> Only 2 minutes, make it three! etc. etc.

10-16-2014 14:08 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Auction Time Extension

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH