Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » New Server » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page New Server 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Attention New Server Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Many of us are wanting a new UK server and we been asking on forum and always getting shut down by devs but i been talking to BW through facebook and recieved this message

message from bloodwars

"We dont have yet a certain date for runes to be open for public. It is still work in progress. Yet we are happy with the way it progresses.
As for family server we have opened first such server in Poland and we have not recieved any negative feed back. Thus we anticipate that most if not all new servers will be based on family server mechanics.
Still if You are waiting for a new ENG server to be opened it will most likely deend on the communities demand. Maybe You should as other gamers on the forum if they are interested in playing on a new server?"

If you could show your support by commenting in here if you would like a new server and open a poll that would be great

BW team might start listening

Thanks

EDIT: I know there threads asking but i wanted there to be an up to date one

EDIT: My facebook "we been asking for a new moria server on UK realms till we been blue in the face .. youse wont make one"

BW facebook "just send me a link to the topic at sm@bwteam.pl ill check it out."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 4thtimelucky: 06-09-2015 14:16.

06-09-2015 14:05 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

New EN server? Shut up and take my money.

I, for one, would love to play. I know there would be a lot of other players keen to join too.

06-09-2015 14:18 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
deadpool

images/avatars/avatar-350.jpg

Registration Date: 02-18-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: KHORNE

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I want one!

06-09-2015 14:59 deadpool is offline Search for Posts by deadpool Add deadpool to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I don't see a point in a new one. We barely have enough for this one, why start a new one when we don't have enough for the current one?

If you actually want to help this game the development team need to actually advertise.
06-09-2015 15:17 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by 4thtimelucky

i have stated that to the devs in my email

also we should advertise as well invite a friend get them playing .. get them to invite a friend etc build the server up like that i tried getting numerous people to join in my RL but there all put off to the fact there no chance of catching up with out being boosted .. by catching up i mean to the middle class players

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 4thtimelucky: 06-09-2015 15:23.

06-09-2015 15:21 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

I would much rather we got the multiple accounts incorporated into the current Underworld server making it more active.

One active server is better than two ghost servers.

The more active Underworld is, the easier it will be to attract new players and retain veterans. After a certain point a nee server could be organically necessary and not a case of twice the work for half the profit (meaning the deck do extra at higher overheads for the same amount of revenue, so why bother expanding?)

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
06-09-2015 15:25 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

A new server would be better for the family one because then it will be active quite abit with all the original players playing and everyone as a chance to start a fresh there no need to catch up ... seiges will have to come into the game again aswell ... having no seiges (clan seiges) is what destroyed the game

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 4thtimelucky: 06-09-2015 15:37.

06-09-2015 15:37 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

If there was another Underworld type server then I'd play on it... I've tried on other servers but language barriers made it difficult/awkward to get a decent clan.

But I'd be happy with just getting a second character on the present server too Wink

06-09-2015 15:46 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

A second character would be a lot more beneficial for this server. Convert us to family server.
06-09-2015 16:03 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

well they are looking at this thread so make aware what we want ... if not a new server the family server

06-09-2015 16:15 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Clan: BoS

Text Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by 4thtimelucky
A new server would be better for the family one because then it will be active quite abit with all the original players playing

I have my doubts that there is a whole bunch of "original players" just waiting silently in the wings for a new UK server.

And I think any that are would be more than outweighed by people who play now but wouldn't start again on a new server.

So there seem to be 4 options :

1. New UK server non family - Really can't see this and also can't see the point. It'll be even quieter than we are now, how many servers / realms can't even take up their full Z3 & Z2 allocation other than ours??
2. New UK server family - Maybe, but again there will simply be fewer actual players and loads of alts (probably with even less premium than the UK generates now). And playing with yourself is only fun for so long Wink
3. Add family to current UK server - This seems to be the most popular option as there are many who would start an alt on this server. For them it keeps the best of both worlds. No-one wants to throw away years invested in their current accounts, but a lot of people want a second or even third option to try different builds / races etc.
4. No new UK server and no family added to current one - Most likely scenario i'm afraid due to number of players not justifying the expense.

As to potential new players being put off by never being able to reach the top levels, same in many many games of this type that are available on-line. I don't think we are unique there. I think it's more of a problem that there's not actually much to do.

New player comes along, presses some buttons to run down ambushes & quests. Then says "Hey guys, what do I do next?". Answer is wait until tomorrow and do it again.

Let's face it, we actually play a pretty looking spreadsheet with a rng thrown in.
06-09-2015 18:13 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
deadpool

images/avatars/avatar-350.jpg

Registration Date: 02-18-2009
Clan: KHORNE

Adding family option to underworld is best option for us.

06-10-2015 07:17 deadpool is offline Search for Posts by deadpool Add deadpool to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

I disagree with the "never get to top levels" complaint. You CAN close the gap, even if they stay ahead, and the progression at higher levels means less.

My Underworld character is level 103. My more recent Moria III character is level 98 now. A combination of knowing what you are doing and improvements to the early game mean you can catch up.

Whereever we get a new English Underworld style character is where I will have my third character. But I definitely think we should modify the current server instead of mess around with a newer less active one.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
06-10-2015 14:23 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008
Clan: BoS

NEW SERVER!!! GIVE US A NEW UNDERWORLD FAMILY SERVER!!!!

Thanks Smile

06-10-2015 14:24 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Aichi_Sendou

Registration Date: 09-08-2014

It says All new servers will be the mutli, I agree that they should add that feature into this server, I am for either option

- Garage
06-10-2015 15:05 Aichi_Sendou is offline Search for Posts by Aichi_Sendou Add Aichi_Sendou to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

What kind of servers would you fancy?

Please see the follow up topic.

Thank You.
06-10-2015 15:43 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » New Server

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH