Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Vengeance suffix for ranged weapons » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Vengeance suffix for ranged weapons 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

Vengeance suffix for ranged weapons Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just wondering if this is ever going to be made usable?
before it was nerfed (many years ago now) it was a case of sacrificing tattoos for damage, but since it's stats were changed I've absolutely never seen it in use...
I was excited when the ranged patch was in development and it was suggested to see the idea of disabling the "maximum defence from items = 0" trait against expo mobs, but this idea was obviously scrapped...
So why have an item that's unusable for EVERY tattoo path?

(I'm aware that there are other items which aren't very useful, but at least they CAN be used by one tattoo path or another)

06-15-2015 11:19 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: CoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This point has been brought under the notice of the devs a lot of times but to no avail. It's totally useless apart from being a merging intermediate item.

06-20-2015 21:44 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Many items are... And vengeance is a rather low suffix anyway

06-22-2015 14:05 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Since it decreases the perception , which in terms takes a toll on the holder so to be honest it's enough nerfing. They either should introduce a monk or berserker like tattoo for the ranged which in my opinion would be an interesting addition in the game, or cut off that defence destroying trait of this suffix, it's of no use and as dooz has already mentioned it's a low suffix anyway.
P.s. repeat, how about a zero defence high offence ranged tattoo? I'd love to give it a try with a solar set along with deadly / tiger's along with a leg p+5 heavy crossbow of vengeance .

06-22-2015 17:22 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

maybe add ranged weapon to berzerker tat
06-22-2015 18:11 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

They could fix the problems with Vengeance by adding the stipulation: "Item defence = 0 without Ranged Tattoo".

It used to be so strong anyone was using it, so just make it usable to the only people who would be interested.

And would it even be that good now anyway? Compared to a lot of other builds just how game warping is it?

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
06-22-2015 19:04 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
maybe add ranged weapon to berzerker tat

Berserker has already received two different weapon types allotted with it so may be monks can be allowed to use ranged after some minor modifications in their traits, if necessary.

Thumbs up for the idea provided by Herald , I propose every weapon type to be allowed some special tattoo bonus . for example hunting rifle providing crit % only to the ones who has tattoo for two handed guns namely assassin and sniper. Tattoo is the most distinct feature of underworld realm so it must have additional significance with the weapons.

06-23-2015 04:20 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

"Vengeance:
perfect +0 defence is not zeroed against monsters with Throwing Axe. "

Well they were planning to make vengeance useable againt mobs, but this was dropped. I guess it was too hard to implement Confused

06-23-2015 08:58 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Demandred

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
"Vengeance:
perfect +0 defence is not zeroed against monsters with Throwing Axe. "

Well they were planning to make vengeance useable againt mobs, but this was dropped. I guess it was too hard to implement Confused

this is what brought it back to my attention... I was somewhat exited by the idea of it being functionable again, even if a bit useless due to the -perc.

Is there any other item that CAN'T work work with ANY tattoo? And I dont mean items that are too crap to bother with, I mean actually cant be used with an active tattoo.

06-23-2015 22:45 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Such hardship of implementation is just resulting in shortening the number of active players.

This is not a classic rpg like the final fantasy where it's all the same since they were introduced, it's a browser based command driven multiplayer rpg , a type of game which is going rare day by day and most of such games have been shelved by the production house as they found too few folks interested in playing them.

Unless we offer some really interesting features for the players to long for more, how can we expect the new players to join or the pissed off existing players to stay with us?

06-24-2015 03:01 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Indeed. They implemented tons of other things for ranger that are no more complex than that.
06-24-2015 09:24 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

1- the suffix is really low in mergelist
2- there is 5 really usefull suffixes to chose from

i don't see the problem

06-24-2015 10:01 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Demandred

2h Ranged suffix
long range > perfection > precision > vengeance > reaction > dryad > fire rate > wolf

It's a mid range suffix Nn (4th of 8 ), and I don't see 5 really useful ones in the list... can you please elaborate?

I understand this isn't of any major priority for the dev team, but I'm still curious why the proposed change for the ranged patch was dropped... and why this item exists in the first place if there's no tattoo path that can function with it's use?
It used to be a case of trade active tattoos for more damage? but the nerf on the suffix made that trade far too expensive to be worth it... And with the patch that places 1/3 of the crit damage % on the tattoo paths for ranged weapons it buries the suffix completely.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Demandred: 06-26-2015 13:38.

06-26-2015 13:38 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Vengeance suffix for ranged weapons

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH