Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Conversion to Family Servers for R1 and R2 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Conversion to Family Servers for R1 and R2 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Conversion to Family Servers for R1 and R2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello,

Starting on 1 July, both UK servers will be converted into family servers. What this means is that:
- you don't have to report playing from 1 IP
- you can log in from your friend's place without fearing the banhammer
- you can have as many accounts as you want but you cannot use them to push
- you can log in e.g. on your wife's account to start quests for her as long as you are not breaking any other regulations

But still you:
- CANNOT give you password to other people
- CANNOT use your accounts (or your family members' accounts) to push one account (attacking each other, selling each other gear for too high or too low prices, boosting squares etc.
- CANNOT use your accounts to deliberately overbid on items
- CANNOT insult other players or write profanities from your "second account" (we will be blocking all of your accounts for this)

Openly breaking or abusing the new rules will be punished more harshly than previously.

Best regards,
BW Team

06-24-2015 07:02 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh my god, this is amazing.

Thanks bloodwars team Smile
06-24-2015 07:25 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
deadpool

images/avatars/avatar-350.jpg

Registration Date: 02-18-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: KHORNE

RE: Conversion to Family Servers for R1 and R2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thats great news, tnx for that.
but...
quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
- you can log in e.g. on your wife's account to start quests for her as long as you are not breaking any other regulations

But still you:
- CANNOT give you password to other people

How i can log in on my wife account when she cant give me her password?

06-24-2015 07:44 deadpool is offline Search for Posts by deadpool Add deadpool to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Save passwords in browser Tongue

06-24-2015 08:14 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
deadpool

images/avatars/avatar-350.jpg

Registration Date: 02-18-2009
Clan: KHORNE

She is smart and can find it in browser settings. Can i save my password in other people browsers?

06-24-2015 08:17 deadpool is offline Search for Posts by deadpool Add deadpool to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

I think you're reading too much into it, the rule us simple: for your own safety don't share your password with other people.

06-24-2015 08:27 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008
Clan: BoS

Dear Bloodwars Dev Team,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Yours Truly,

Dtr

PS. I LOVE YOU!

06-24-2015 09:54 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

<3

06-24-2015 10:20 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

I'll make you rich. I'll build 3 clans of multis, and pay premium for all of them. 60 accounts.
06-24-2015 11:15 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Banksy

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Clan: A.S - ISPE

Will we be able to bring our other "accounts" on expos? (Within Reason i mean)
06-24-2015 13:34 Banksy is offline Search for Posts by Banksy Add Banksy to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Thats a good question.

We are already boosting smaller players by running expos for them or more running their expos as GS etc.

Any reason why it would not be allowed with our secondary accounts ?
06-24-2015 14:21 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Thank you A LOT! Big Grin

Roll on July!

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
06-24-2015 17:50 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Two questioins spring to my mind, probably already answered but just to be clear:
- Is it considering pushing to allowing your low level account to join you high level accounts expos?
- Is it allowed to auction items from one account to another?

06-24-2015 19:01 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Clan: CoS

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Two questioins spring to my mind, probably already answered but just to be clear:
- Is it considering pushing to allowing your low level account to join you high level accounts expos?
- Is it allowed to auction items from one account to another?

It seems like-
1 expo participation should be clean under any circumstances
2 until the bidding goes crazy high to be reported, bidding inside the family will be fine.

06-24-2015 21:21 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

In continuation with 'What kind of servers would you like' thread, where the question had been raised by players that existing high rank players will be ruling all over the server, there are some suggestions to avoid the upcoming rumble.

1. No matter how many family member plays from one IP, there can be only one member allowed to sit in zone 2 and 3.
2. No more than two members may reside in the same clan.
3. One may not occupy both the designations of leader and deputy together.

I have another question, can the same email address be used twice for the new account or it must be a different one?

06-24-2015 21:40 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by souvik
In continuation with 'What kind of servers would you like' thread, where the question had been raised by players that existing high rank players will be ruling all over the server, there are some suggestions to avoid the upcoming rumble.

1. No matter how many family member plays from one IP, there can be only one member allowed to sit in zone 2 and 3.
2. No more than two members may reside in the same clan.
3. One may not occupy both the designations of leader and deputy together.

I have another question, can the same email address be used twice for the new account or it must be a different one?

That's just way too restrictive.

If other players want to stop being complacent and push back against higher players, all they have to do is fight back and organize themselves.

Half of the z3s today are inactive anyway. There was even some empty for over 3-4 months period, even a z2. So I don't see the problem.
06-24-2015 21:49 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
souvik
Double Ace

We have to wait at least six months to see the wreckage mate, until then it won't be a big issue Smile

06-24-2015 21:57 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Banksy

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Clan: A.S - ISPE

It might just be me, but before this goes live could we have a comprehensive list of what we 'Cant' Do with our extra(s) characters?

As i would probably start another but wouldn't want to be permanently banned on both my very old and new account because i did something that i didn't know wasn't allowed (Example: Having both open in the browser at the same time ect)

Thanks!
06-25-2015 01:10 Banksy is offline Search for Posts by Banksy Add Banksy to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Dooz:
1. Expeditions are OK
2. You can trade on one IP but the prices cannot be too high (or too low on Necro)

Souvik:
I don't think we need such harsh restrictions. If there are any problems, we will handle them as thei arise. You cannot use them same e-mail for two accounts (technical reasons).

Banksy:
As long as you are not using your other accounts to boost the main one, you're in the clear.

06-25-2015 07:19 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

So, no buying a Ring of Beauty for 50SS to feed your low level character stones?

That seem surety common sense Smile

But you CAN auction off basics with the hope of them winning it (Sniper Rifle, single affix armour) without consequences as long as it's a fair auction other players can take part in, just like your alt was a Clan member you are trying to help out?

06-25-2015 13:31 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

As long as the price is ok, I'm ok with it Smile

06-25-2015 14:14 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

okay thanks for clearly everything up.. makes sense really..

looking forward to it Smile
06-25-2015 15:18 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

I assume that the rules for push/pull apply the same to multi accounts as they always have for between players already, yes?

PS. thanks so much for making this happen BW team Smile
I really hope this will give some needed new life to our servers.

06-26-2015 13:14 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

Also, is there any plan to make the CA space bigger??

having more accounts will mean a lot more items and more items wanted to be used specially during the time you need to do middle and hard quests, that's without a quest set anyways..
06-27-2015 11:24 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
TheOneAndOnly

Registration Date: 11-09-2012

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Banksy:
As long as you are not using your other accounts to boost the main one, you're in the clear.

What if i just start up 2 new accounts, and use them both to join expo's together? I.e. White dragons are hard to get a team for normally due to the server being so old. Would it be okay to have 2 accounts ( not hugely appart in exp wise, maybe 3-4 levels?) join both the same expo?

The Original Penguin_dude
06-27-2015 12:12 TheOneAndOnly is offline Search for Posts by TheOneAndOnly Add TheOneAndOnly to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

quote:
Originally posted by sparxs

having more accounts will mean a lot more items and more items wanted to be used specially during the time you need to do middle and hard quests, that's without a quest set anyways..

There was nothing suggesting clans would be made bigger... Why would they make CA bigger? Clan's already make do with sharing quest gear, why would having a second account make any difference to this?

06-28-2015 02:50 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by sparxs

so manage it better.. or you could always use gold coins to get more space

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

06-28-2015 04:57 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Szeszej, will there be a specific update/break in the server with an announcement that will start the family option ?

Or on the 1st of July, we just wake up and in the same environment, we can just make new account and that's it ?

I guess question is: When will we know when we can start making multis ?
06-28-2015 21:48 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Wake up and make a new account Smile Maintenance is needed only when doing technical updates, this is a rules update, not a technical one.

06-29-2015 07:06 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Oh, so that's interesting.

So a "Family Server Implementation" is actually nothing technical, simply a different type of monitoring and management of players ?

Just out of pure curiosity - simply because first time you guys spoke of "family servers" I was under the impression it might also be different from an actual code perspective.
06-29-2015 08:36 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

No, there's nothing different code-wise. We just stop looking for multis.

06-29-2015 11:32 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Soooo, we could start adding in our new accounts now, and on the 1st, just start using them?

06-29-2015 12:36 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

I'm not sure what's the difference between creating them now and on the 1st (unless you're worried someone will reserve a particular name Smile )

06-29-2015 13:14 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Will we get a bonus code before the first? just gone to register a new account, and noticed a Bonus Code feature!

06-29-2015 14:13 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

I just want to create now Frown
06-29-2015 14:49 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Bonus code has been there for months. Nothing new.
06-29-2015 14:51 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

I WANT TO START USING MY NEW ACCOUNTS NOW... Oh well, I can wait 14 hours Smile

06-30-2015 10:16 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

haha same here, i plan to make 11 new accounts, each one will take one of the z2 not currently in possession of BoS

06-30-2015 11:50 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
haha same here, i plan to make 11 new accounts, each one will take one of the z2 not currently in possession of BoS

STOP TELLING THEM OUR PLANS!!!

06-30-2015 12:15 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Wait, are we free to start now? O.o

07-01-2015 00:14 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Conversion to Family Servers for R1 and R2

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH