Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Runes are coming! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Runes are coming! 5 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
OMGitsALex

Registration Date: 02-10-2010

RE: Is this right? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

in usual gear i barely get to 20 absorbtion with some +BP enchants...
So .. i use that talisman.. and i absorb 20 any other arcana... i do gain power of blood lower effect.. and some caths path arcana... or whatever i absorb... which wont help me.. unless i have another talisman... changing that arcana into smt better.. and yes.. will change max 20 points..

So i should have like 2 lev 4 talismans... one for absorbtion and 1 changing depending on the guy i hit and his arcana... and ill get 20 power of blood and 20 of his 40-50 arcana ? u serious ?

Besides that... pvp is a minor area... how does this awsome absorbtion talisman help me in expos or quests ? where id rather stick to power of blood Wink

so ? is it useless or not ?

and be real... absorbtion is the most expensive base arcana...

But it can be fixed very easy.... just letting people change race as u can change tattos...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by OMGitsALex: 08-07-2015 09:05.

08-07-2015 08:43 OMGitsALex is offline Search for Posts by OMGitsALex Add OMGitsALex to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of OMGitsALex: omfgits_alex
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

RE: Is this right? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by OMGitsALex
in usual gear i barely get to 20 absorbtion with some +BP enchants...
So .. i use that talisman.. and i absorb 20 any other arcana... i do gain power of blood lower effect.. and some caths path arcana... or whatever i absorb... which wont help me.. unless i have another talisman... changing that arcana into smt better.. and yes.. will change max 20 points..

So i should have like 2 lev 4 talismans... one for absorbtion and 1 changing depending on the guy i hit and his arcana... and ill get 20 power of blood and 20 of his 40-50 arcana ? u serious ?

Besides that... pvp is a minor area... how does this awsome absorbtion talisman help me in expos or quests ? where id rather stick to power of blood Wink

so ? is it useless or not ?

and be real... absorbtion is the most expensive base arcana...

But it can be fixed very easy.... just letting people change race as u can change tattos...

well I do agree with the fact that since there have been such significant changes to the game since its early beginnings, and especially that tatoos have changed a lot, and runes/evolutions bring a lot of things to the game - there should now be the option for a large amount of premium days to change your race.
That - is for sure.

Regarding the talisman, yes it's not useful in expos. But for me pvp is important. Early on, I used to think pvp didn't matter but without pvp you do not gain evo points, essence now for the new runes, etc.
I have grown quite found of pvp. Plus there is the new arena, the 3v3 system etc.

So I kind of like the absorption + PoB talisman.

NOW ... one thing I can analyse and agree on with you is the following:

All other race specific talismans (2 for each race) are useful in both PvP and PvE (koth, expos, sieges, etc).
For absorber, it is true that only one is useful in PvE (the one with horror activation).

Ultimate Power talisman is useless in expeditions and PvE, it's the only talisman which is pure PvP oriented.
But then again Absorber as a race is very very PvP oriented. Sure PoB which came with act 2 is for PvE also.
But ability to block or absorb other player arcana has always been and will only always be for use against another player in PvP.
That's the nature of the Absorber. And as an absorber I like it and can live with it.

So in the end, I don't want to dispute the validity of the talisman, I think it's fine as it is. Maybe, just maybe ... there could be a small dmg bonus (like 1 dmg per Absorb level for talisman lvl 1 and 2, and 2 dmg per absorb lvl for talisman lvl 3 and 4).

What I do agree is that if this reinforces the PvP nature of the absorber race, it also enhances the need for players to be able to change their race.
08-07-2015 09:18 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
OMGitsALex

Quite well said...

Basically absorber is the race for PVP... true
And as a weapon? Ranged was the best wep for PVP (hunter/collector doesnt really matter)

And yet? Ranged abosebers never win 1v1 arena.. yes.. its a matter of luck in the last day, if u get the right oponnent... but still being the best race and tatto should make a difference in 3 months of 1v1 arena fights.

but this things are 0 in arena... why ? because everytime u attack u have loads more hp than the defender...

So that specific talisman wont win me the fight even if i do take all his arcana and use it against him ... only good use for the talisman was to take their regeneration arcana... being able to kill those high hp regenerating players like Clementa in her good days.

Besides that... the other talisman ? Silence.. ?
Everybody has horror in expo... as everybody has dodges or mask in pvp... Id rather use dodges and a stats/hp talisman than deadly xxx of night and that silence for the 50% Wink

08-07-2015 09:47 OMGitsALex is offline Search for Posts by OMGitsALex Add OMGitsALex to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of OMGitsALex: omfgits_alex
Jmac

Registration Date: 06-29-2015

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So what you're really saying is that the new absorber effects aren't underpowered, you just don't like how you would utilise them? You think anyone's going to use the defence per charisma one?

Blood wars is about making what you believe is the best out of possible options; adapting your game plan to the race/tats/arcana/talismans available, there are always going to be avenues you don't explore (even though the horror expo talisman clearly WILL come in useful)
08-07-2015 10:08 Jmac is offline Search for Posts by Jmac Add Jmac to your Buddy List
OMGitsALex

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jmac
So what you're really saying is that the new absorber effects aren't underpowered, you just don't like how you would utilise them? You think anyone's going to use the defence per charisma one?

Blood wars is about making what you believe is the best out of possible options; adapting your game plan to the race/tats/arcana/talismans available, there are always going to be avenues you don't explore (even though the horror expo talisman clearly WILL come in useful)

If thats what u understood from there i wont even bother to explain it again...
Again... if we could change race would be fair for anyone...

08-07-2015 10:28 OMGitsALex is offline Search for Posts by OMGitsALex Add OMGitsALex to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of OMGitsALex: omfgits_alex
Phaera

Registration Date: 03-16-2010
Race in game: Absorber

my opinion on the whole thing is to go ahead and make them powerful... just the other things need to be just as powerful in another way... and make ways to counter them at least somewhat. like ignore defense countering defense... or regeneration every time you get hit = to you toughness countering that... stopping regeneration, etc.)

and as I said before... we need more things and you have tons of things you could do! Smile

a talisman that reduces the cost of arcana by some fraction would be cool... possibly one for each race...

and some talismans that boosts other things that everyone has would be cool too! (like tattoo's)

I personally would prefer all the arcana talismans to do something unique to the game... like make ultimate power change power absorption from an... at the beginning of the fight ability into a steal some bp worth of effects, or some portion of the expo mobs current effects w/ every hit, ability

its your choice... just please do more!!
08-08-2015 13:06 Phaera is offline Search for Posts by Phaera Add Phaera to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Clan: BoS

quote:

Everybody has horror in expo... as everybody has dodges or mask in pvp... Id rather use dodges and a stats/hp talisman than deadly xxx of night and that silence for the 50% Wink

Yep, pretty useless for expos as we see them right now, as with a half decent team, few expos, even Chronos, get to round 3 even.

But there are 17 new "Rune" expos, we've only seen the first 8 so far, and those later few are tough.

I have a sneaking suspicion that once people start to unlock those later Rune expos, a couple of Absorbers with the ability to 50% horror every round may become a permanent fixture in most peoples expos, as the expos may well go for many rounds, and their crits will 1 shot kill anyone. Let alone what their specials might be.
08-08-2015 15:50 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

quote:
Originally posted by MYRKUL
quote:

Yep, pretty useless for expos as we see them right now, as with a half decent team, few expos, even Chronos, get to round 3 even.

But there are 17 new "Rune" expos, we've only seen the first 8 so far, and those later few are tough.

I have a sneaking suspicion that once people start to unlock those later Rune expos, a couple of Absorbers with the ability to 50% horror every round may become a permanent fixture in most peoples expos, as the expos may well go for many rounds, and their crits will 1 shot kill anyone. Let alone what their specials might be.

We've already seen Abaddon is an unholy monster with increasing Crit damage :|
This may be a way to actually beat the sod.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
08-08-2015 18:03 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Does the anti-solo patch apply to new map?

08-08-2015 23:50 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Phaera

Registration Date: 03-16-2010

quote:
Originally posted by MYRKUL

its supposed to get 50% every round? that is not how I read it...
08-09-2015 11:29 Phaera is offline Search for Posts by Phaera Add Phaera to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

It specifically says in the third round of an expo / siege

or first round of an attack
08-09-2015 12:17 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Clan: BoS

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
It specifically says in the third round of an expo / siege

or first round of an attack

It does indeed. What the hell was I reading????????

Maybe wishful thinking that it was a little more useful lol!!!
08-09-2015 18:53 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

Rune locations, I keep having the kill going to someone else.
Am I screwed when all locations are used up ?

08-09-2015 20:43 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Go check Mishmash mortanius, I've listed the locations you need to redo for different one use portals Smile

08-09-2015 22:51 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Runes are coming!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH