Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Problem with talisman and weapon balance » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Problem with talisman and weapon balance
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Problem with talisman and weapon balance Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear BW team, you made a nice update to the game. Many players now have new purpose farming runes on second expedition map.

However, I see a problem especially with ziz and silent hunter.

If you're using 1h guns you normally have 1,5 crit multiplier or +50% crit damage.
Anyway you put it damage of a critical hit with 1h guns is 150% of it's normal damage.
Now add ziz and silent hunter (lets assume level 3 so we don't need to consider the growing crit damage of ziz)

ziz level 3 : 45%
silent hunter level 3 : 60%
Total : 105%

Add this bonus to 1h gun and you go from 150% -> 255% total crit damage.
Damage will increase 70%

Add this bonus damage to 1h melee you go from 200% -> 305% total crit damage.
Damage will increase 52,5%

Add this bonus damage to 2h melee you go from 400% -> 505% total crit damage.
Damage will increase 26,25%

If you add ziz level 4 into the calculation, problem gets much worse, crit damage multiplier increase with each crit you make, what weapon type gets most attacks? Gunmen with 1h guns, which is incidentially also the same tattoo/weapon that benefits the most from crit multiplier increase.

How to fix this? simple, just change the ziz and silent hunter talisman to give damage multiplier instead of crit multiplier....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 10-21-2015 08:15.

10-21-2015 08:09 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Seems fairer.

Critical Damage isn't balanced, and helps define different weapons, whereas overall damage should scale better.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
10-21-2015 17:28 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So. Can't argue with the maths, but how is this actually panning out in the game.

I've been using Silent Hunter recently in expos (1h gunner), and yes, i've obviously seen a boost in my damage. For the record, i've got P+5 Solar set, P+5 Deadly set (the cape is Orchid for max +damage) & I use 1 P+5 D/Eagle & 1 P+5 Scorpio.

I also use the Silent Hunter at Level 2, so +40% Crit damage boost.

Cemetery for the unbelievers: (No loss of attacks for any of the below)

My damage per round, with a 40% boost = 16106.
Sniper with neither of the above Talismans = 19751
Sniper 2 with neither of the above Talismans = 18736
Sniper 3 with neither of the above Talismans = 20170
Melee 1h with Ziz 1 and SHunter 2 (55% boost) = 16822

Giant Chopper:
My damage per round, with a 40% boost = 20022.
Sniper with neither of the above Talismans = 21401
1 h gunner with Silent Hunter 1 (20% boost) = 20011

Giant Chopper:
My damage per round, with a 40% boost = 23814.
Sniper with neither of the above Talismans = 23126
Sniper 2 with neither of the above Talismans = 18762

Not got any reports with 2h melee to compare with unfortunately, but even with me sporting a +40%, my damage per round in expos is still lagging behind snipers with no +% bonus, so if they start using the same they will boost by +40% leaving me way behind theirs again, and seems just behind a 1h melee who has a 55% boost although only 1 expo to compare against.

Yes 1h gunner get more attacks, but please don't forget that our base damage is the lowest already, so it's not like we're tearing up expos singlehandidly. I need to use SHunter 2 to get near to a sniper not using it. Not exactly giving me a great advantage.
10-21-2015 21:56 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by dooz

Vlade can compete with top snipers for damage per round, he is gangster. As gunman he would be at higher damage(gunman get more advantage of the crit bonuses).

And this is with level 1 talisman, the advantage obvisouly gets more distinct at level 2 and 3.

Also about 1h and 2h melee, it's quite obvious. Makavelli and I used to do similar damage, but now he has reached upwards 36k in one round vs a 1k defense mob, around 10k more than i do.

10-22-2015 08:32 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Race in game: Absorber

But if Vlade is competing with a 20% boost from a level 1 talisman that the snipers aren't using, then all they need to do is use it as well to maintain an advantage.

You surely need to compare people who are using the same % boost to see the actual impact in the game, rather than no solid examples and just citing the fact that as 1h guns have more attacks it is therefore unbalanced towards them.

Like I said, I can only base it on what i'm actually seeing in the game, and I am a gunman t(rather than a gangser) that whilst I may not be the best in the game, I certainly consider myself above the average. And the snipers i'm comparing to aren't exactly bad either Smile

But all I am actually seeing in expos is a +40% boost for me, still only puts me on a par with a sniper with absolutely zero boost on say the Giant Chopper, and still well behind them on a Cemetery.

So if the snipers now decided to use the same Talismans as me, and they also started to get a +40% boost where they are getting none in my examples below, what do you think would happen to their damage and the difference between theirs and mine damage per round then?
10-22-2015 19:24 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by dooz

I don't know what snipers you are comparing to and what enchants they have.

Either way, low initial crit rate means that you will get higher relative increase in damage than they will. The fact that snipers had higher damage to begin with is an entirely different matter

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 10-23-2015 09:00.

10-23-2015 08:47 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Problem with talisman and weapon balance

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH