Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Expo question - crit damage » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Expo question - crit damage
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Noobie-Bear

Registration Date: 10-27-2015
Race in game: Absorber

Expo question - crit damage Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So is this a bug, or do my criticals really do less damage than my normal hits?

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=1460089&key=11dd362dba

Check the damage with the Cruel of Suicide - the crits strike 3; then the normal hits strike 20+

Surely this is a bug right? I mean there's no RNG on damage is there?

02-02-2016 13:44 Noobie-Bear is offline Search for Posts by Noobie-Bear Add Noobie-Bear to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Its because you have a damage range.

So for example.

Damage: 12 - 60

If you roll a 60 damage hit - factor in the defence of the mob you get your damage.

if you roll a 12 and crit.. then factor in the defence of the mob you may get a lower damage than the non crit previous.

Suicide is notorious for this as the damage range is huge.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

02-02-2016 16:13 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And am I right in thinking you get a damage boost if you deal the first blow? Pretty sure I remember something like that but could be wrong.

02-02-2016 16:43 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Expo question - crit damage

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH