Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Main Page Layout » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Main Page Layout
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kor

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

Main Page Layout Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Straight to the point - on the polish servers site there's a new layout for some time now (I came back to play after few years of absence on 1th of December, and it's already been there, don't know for how long already, but that's not the important part). And as far as my personal tastes go, I liked more the old one, which we still have over here - simple, neat and clean - just as I like it. But that's also beside the point.

The point is that the new one is certainly more appealing to the eye of a newcomers, and as such has greater chance to convince new players to register and not just leave the page.

So the question that stands here is this:

Is there a chance that index page layout will be implemented anytime soon on all language versions of the site? I mean - come on! That's a piece of cake comparing to all game content already translated to all languages game runs in.

If so when?

Cheers.
Jacob.
02-29-2016 18:52 Kor is offline Search for Posts by Kor Add Kor to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 11-03-2012

RE: Main Page Layout Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kor
Straight to the point - on the polish servers site there's a new layout for some time now (I came back to play after few years of absence on 1th of December, and it's already been there, don't know for how long already, but that's not the important part). And as far as my personal tastes go, I liked more the old one, which we still have over here - simple, neat and clean - just as I like it. But that's also beside the point.

The point is that the new one is certainly more appealing to the eye of a newcomers, and as such has greater chance to convince new players to register and not just leave the page.

So the question that stands here is this:

Is there a chance that index page layout will be implemented anytime soon on all language versions of the site? I mean - come on! That's a piece of cake comparing to all game content already translated to all languages game runs in.

If so when?

Cheers.
Jacob.

This a thousand times over, the polish bw main page looks absolutely brilliant. http://bloodwars.interia.pl/

The english one certainly isnt going to encourage new players...... http://bloodwars.net/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pissedoffhyperion: 02-29-2016 22:12.

02-29-2016 22:12 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Kor

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, it's after all a design that will hit its 10th anniversary this year.
Processing and translating all images, promo movie and info will take how much time exactly? Worst case scenario - let's say a workweek. And that is assuming all, not only english, but all bloodwars sites would see it. So we have 4 languages here to work on - english, french, russian and turkish. Not that much of a work, is it?
02-29-2016 22:30 Kor is offline Search for Posts by Kor Add Kor to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You wouldn't believe the amount of work it takes Smile . Anyways, I'll ask Sushi about this.

03-01-2016 07:03 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Kor

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kor

Thank you very much.

btw. You are right - I wouldn't. After all you don't have to start from a scratch this time. ;-)
03-01-2016 09:20 Kor is offline Search for Posts by Kor Add Kor to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

The main page will eventually be changed, but as I said - it is a lot of work. We are working on it, but I can't give you any exact date.

03-02-2016 06:50 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Main Page Layout

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH