Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » 13. Attacks deluxe and Charon's packages » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 13. Attacks deluxe and Charon's packages 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

13. Attacks deluxe and Charon's packages Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We are aware that the way games are played as well as the age and attitude of our player base has changed over the years, so we would like to add the below option:
- attack time = 10s
- price - 15 days of premium for 30 days.

Due to this, we are changing two Charon's packages:

- Child of the night:
added Attacks deluxe.

Price: 79 DoP (+4), you save 26 (+11)

- Behind enemy lines:
loses reduction of the duration of attacks, quests and spying
gains attacks deluxe

Cost: 49 (+1), you save 11 (+4)

07-20-2016 14:39 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Zdygr

Registration Date: 11-07-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Another one I don't like. Active defense (catch a spy, switch equipment to defense setup) is no longer an option against this.

07-22-2016 21:48 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
Darkthunder

Registration Date: 07-16-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Another premium option...This game is slowly becoming pay to win,if it's not already...
07-29-2016 09:31 Darkthunder is offline Search for Posts by Darkthunder Add Darkthunder to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Didn't know if I'd use the attacks deluxe, but I had an abundance of premium so thought why not, an bloody hell is it nice to be able to do all 16 attack in under 3 minutes. Thank you Devs!

08-06-2016 13:14 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by Darkthunder
Another premium option...This game is slowly becoming pay to win,if it's not already...

pay to win ?

premium option lowers duration of attacks not the number of attacks you can have

besides been more convenient to those who dont have alot of time..i dont see how it contributes to a "pay to win " model

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
08-06-2016 13:32 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

The pay aspect on this game is VERY fair, you're mostly paying for convenience. This? VERY convenient. But not massively essential.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
08-09-2016 22:20 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Darkthunder

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:

pay to win ?

premium option lowers duration of attacks not the number of attacks you can have

besides been more convenient to those who dont have alot of time..i dont see how it contributes to a "pay to win " model

1.Premium gives you more attacks and quests.
2.Quests deluxe makes a pilgrimage last 3 minutes compared to 30 minutes for free players.1 hour=20 pilgrimages vs 1h= 2 pilgrimages.More pilgrimages=higher chance to find better items(especially epics which you can't trade).If epics could be traded,I wouldn't mind about the above option.
3.Attacks deluxe= "Activating this service will shorten attack times to 10 seconds".Attacks have become more important since it's the only way to get evo points and runic essence.I don't have time to attack every day,but i would have if i had a premium account.Attacks=evo points & runic essence=power.
4.Should I mention Caravan deluxe? : "you can use disposable items during each of the caravan quests,
the number of items is the same as if you were doing quests normally". Compare that to a free player caravan.
5."Change e-mail address" Why do I need premium for that?
6.If you check,I'm sure you'll find that premium players are stronger than free players.
I agree with paying for changing your name,race and clan stuff and I understand that the devs have to make a living somehow,but some premium options can really make a difference compared to free players and "convenience" doesn't justify the fact that you can just pay to advance faster.
08-15-2016 11:20 Darkthunder is offline Search for Posts by Darkthunder Add Darkthunder to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:

pay to win ?

1.Premium gives you more attacks and quests.
2.Quests deluxe makes a pilgrimage last 3 minutes compared to 30 minutes for free players.1 hour=20 pilgrimages vs 1h= 2 pilgrimages.More pilgrimages=higher chance to find better items(especially epics which you can't trade).If epics could be traded,I wouldn't mind about the above option.
3.Attacks deluxe= "Activating this service will shorten attack times to 10 seconds".Attacks have become more important since it's the only way to get evo points and runic essence.I don't have time to attack every day,but i would have if i had a premium account.Attacks=evo points & runic essence=power.
4.Should I mention Caravan deluxe? : "you can use disposable items during each of the caravan quests,
the number of items is the same as if you were doing quests normally". Compare that to a free player caravan.
5."Change e-mail address" Why do I need premium for that?
6.If you check,I'm sure you'll find that premium players are stronger than free players.
I agree with paying for changing your name,race and clan stuff and I understand that the devs have to make a living somehow,but some premium options can really make a difference compared to free players and "convenience" doesn't justify the fact that you can just pay to advance faster.

Wait a minute. Let's go through your points here:

1. Yep. Premium = more Attacks & Quests. Can't argue with this one.
2. No. You are paying for convenience. 3 mins vs 30 mins. Quests deluxe does NOT give you any more quests.
3. No again. Attacks deluxe does NOT give you more attacks. Just a shorter time between them, so again, you are paying for convenience.
4. No again (there's a pattern forming here). Caravan itself is a convenience, saving you having to quest individually, but you can quest 1 at a time should you wish, buying the same disposable over and over.
5. Not sure how changing your e-mail address is allowing you to "pay to win".........
6. Maybe, but that all links back to point 1. If you get more attacks / quests, then yes, all other things being equal (very important that bit) you will progress faster.

Convenient.

"suitable for your purposes and needs and causing the least difficulty"
"the state of being able to proceed with something without difficulty"
"a quality or situation that makes something easy or useful for someone by reducing the amount of work or time required to do something"

Everything bar point 1 fits exactly into the dictionary definition of Convenience. Number 1 is the only option that gives you more of something rather than simply taking less time to do the same taks. 2,3,& 4 are simply time savers.

You said it yourself in your 3rd point "I don't have time to attack every day,but i would have if i had a premium account". Nothing is stopping you other than your lack of time, so if you made the time, you could. You will not "progress faster" by attacking in 10 seconds vs attacking in 2 minutes vs attacking in 10 minutes, if the amount of attacks you can do over a set period is the same. Same with quests. If I did 12 quests of half an hour each, and you did 12 quests at 3 minutes each, then 6 hours later, we've both done 12 quests. Both advanced at the same rate.

So we are no more pay to win than we were when the premium option was first introduced.
08-18-2016 21:57 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
Darkthunder

You didn't read what i wrote:

2.I didn't say that Quests deluxe gives you more quests.I said that in an hour a user with that option can make 20 pilgrimages,compared to a free user which can only make 2.Honestly,would you spend 6h on this game every day just so you can complete 12 pilgrimages?I don't think so.I don't quest anymore because I don't have time for it,and the drop are lame anyway.But hey,money seems to solve the problem,to some of you at least.
3.I didn't say that Attacks deluxe gives you more attacks.I said it shortens the time required a lot.32m for free players vs 1m20s for premium users.So for a free user that's at least 6h32m in game so far.
4.Regarding caravan:the option for free users sucks.You get 1,2 or 0 items per quest compared to the premium option where you get many more.Doing 1 quest at a time takes 6h.
5.I didn't say that changing the e-mail address is a pay to win option.It's just an unfair option.Why do I have to pay to change the e-mail address?That's ridiculous.
6.The other things aren't equal at all.Quests+attacks: 37m20s for premium users vs 6h32m for free users.How's that equal?Premium caravan gives the same number of items as individual quests and you get to buy disposable items for each quest compared to the free caravan option which is useless.And don't give me that "convenience" crap.Time is precious to us all but in this game money seems to solve the lack of time.

Many people left the game and more will do.Spending at least 6 hours and a half in this game just so you can complete your daily quests and attacks is absurd.And it's not like you can progress without those.
08-21-2016 21:44 Darkthunder is offline Search for Posts by Darkthunder Add Darkthunder to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
You didn't read what i wrote:

2.I didn't say that Quests deluxe gives you more quests.I said that in an hour a user with that option can make 20 pilgrimages,compared to a free user which can only make 2.Honestly,would you spend 6h on this game every day just so you can complete 12 pilgrimages?I don't think so.I don't quest anymore because I don't have time for it,and the drop are lame anyway.But hey,money seems to solve the problem,to some of you at least.
3.I didn't say that Attacks deluxe gives you more attacks.I said it shortens the time required a lot.32m for free players vs 1m20s for premium users.So for a free user that's at least 6h32m in game so far.
4.Regarding caravan:the option for free users sucks.You get 1,2 or 0 items per quest compared to the premium option where you get many more.Doing 1 quest at a time takes 6h.
5.I didn't say that changing the e-mail address is a pay to win option.It's just an unfair option.Why do I have to pay to change the e-mail address?That's ridiculous.
6.The other things aren't equal at all.Quests+attacks: 37m20s for premium users vs 6h32m for free users.How's that equal?Premium caravan gives the same number of items as individual quests and you get to buy disposable items for each quest compared to the free caravan option which is useless.And don't give me that "convenience" crap.Time is precious to us all but in this game money seems to solve the lack of time.

Many people left the game and more will do.Spending at least 6 hours and a half in this game just so you can complete your daily quests and attacks is absurd.And it's not like you can progress without those.

yes you can progress without attacks and quests
expos are the main exp source with many ppl not attacking at all unless they want ppl.
dont have time ? do caravan at night when you sleep Tongue
your not supposed to spend all day playing you log in do an attack/quest come back to it later

from my quests i get on average 2-3 pts dependng success rate
2-3 pts is nothing compared to 100+ that ppl get from expos.

start a pilgrimage and log off do something and come back to it when its done.
attacks are not that hard to do tbh
if time is too much stop doing pilgrimages and start far quests
the game can be played without premium its just more convenient to have it than not

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
08-22-2016 13:06 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Darkthunder

Whatever.You guys don't get my point.I don't mind playing as a free user but premium users obviously have the advantage here.Don't reply anymore 'cause this is going nowhere.
08-22-2016 13:29 Darkthunder is offline Search for Posts by Darkthunder Add Darkthunder to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Whatever.You guys don't get my point.I don't mind playing as a free user but premium users obviously have the advantage here.Don't reply anymore 'cause this is going nowhere.

would you like a hug ??
*hugs*

08-22-2016 13:39 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

quote:

Can I just ask why you think you're entitled to something or feel that you should have access to the same benefits as someone that actually pays into the game? I'm not sure if it's an unknown concept to yourself, but the sole purpose of a business is to make money, so paying for some extra convenience to help keep the game afloat is fine. If you can't agree with it, what you're doing is pointless waffling that is going nowhere.

You also need to review your own points, if premium enabled him you to expo everyday, then yes, I'd have an issue, but it doesn't. I can do more in less time, oh no!

08-23-2016 11:37 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » 13. Attacks deluxe and Charon's packages

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH