Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » 16. Birthday bonuses » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 16. Birthday bonuses 5 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 16. Birthday bonuses Szeszej 07-25-2016 11:53
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Zdygr 07-25-2016 12:36
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Ba_al 07-25-2016 12:39
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Zdygr 07-25-2016 13:06
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Ba_al 07-25-2016 13:15
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Kalisto 07-27-2016 17:35
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Zdygr 07-25-2016 13:39
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses SladeWilson 07-25-2016 15:48
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Unholy Emperor 07-25-2016 16:07
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses SladeWilson 07-25-2016 16:14
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Ghaldria 07-25-2016 16:03
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Zdygr 07-25-2016 16:45
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses SladeWilson 07-25-2016 16:52
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Zdygr 07-25-2016 17:32
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Aichi_Sendou 07-25-2016 17:43
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Zdygr 07-25-2016 17:49
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Aichi_Sendou 07-25-2016 17:55
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Zdygr 07-25-2016 18:28
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Aichi_Sendou 07-25-2016 18:32
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Zdygr 07-25-2016 23:33
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Aichi_Sendou 07-26-2016 00:25
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses OTNC 07-28-2016 01:54
 RE: 16. Birthday bonuses Darkthunder 07-29-2016 09:29

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

16. Birthday bonuses Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello,

BloodWars has been providing people all around the world with entertainment for almost 10 years now.

We would like for you all to have a reason to celebate together with us. That is why everyone of you who logs in (or registers) between 01.08 and 10.08.2016 will get from us:

- 1000 evo points

- 2000 FLD points on each KotH location

- and one of each level 1 rune.

We are happy that you are with us and we would like you to have a lot of fun with BloodWars!

Yours,
BWTeam

07-25-2016 11:53 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Zdygr

Registration Date: 11-07-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

2000 FLD at every location? Seems way off. I've been working for months to get 1000 in just one.

Evos and runes seem too much too (compared to the usual and reasonable bonuses from events and lottery), but that's at least an advantage on a scale of weeks, not years.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Zdygr: 07-25-2016 12:39.

07-25-2016 12:36 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Zdygr
2000 FLD at every location? Seems way off. I've been working for months to get 1000 in just one.

its huge bonus
Tongue happy 10th bday BW

we will soon see everyone with awsome enchant for each location haha

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
07-25-2016 12:39 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Zdygr

Happy? :-(
I don't like that what I worked hard to achieve is now instantly dwarfed by a bonus that you only need to log in to receive.

I don't like that the bonus does not extend to people who happen to miss the crucial 10 days - it's ok when said bonus just gives you an equivalent of a few days of progress in some area, not months or years.

I don't see how newer characters are ever going to be able to catch up after this (OK, some changes like introducing epics have helped to narrow the gap in the past, but a gap this big would again require admins to do something dwarfing all previous progress).

07-25-2016 13:06 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
I don't like that what I worked hard to achieve is now instantly dwarfed by a bonus that you only need to log in to receive.

I don't like that the bonus does not extend to people who happen to miss the crucial 10 days - it's ok when said bonus just gives you an equivalent of a few days of progress in some area, not months or years.

I don't see how newer characters are ever going to be able to catch up after this (OK, some changes like introducing epics have helped to narrow the gap in the past, but a gap this big would again require admins to do something dwarfing all previous progress).

it is a 10 year celebratory gift
not a recurring bonus going to happen ofton (if at all again)
be happy your getting something
newer chars will always have difficulty in catching up(there is no seiges anymore so whats the problem)
dont see how this bonus is going to make that worse
this gift applies to everyone. so all will benefit

it dosnt state you have to log in everyday in that time. just once

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
07-25-2016 13:15 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Kalisto

Registration Date: 06-24-2009
Race in game: Absorber

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:

it is a 10 year celebratory gift
not a recurring bonus going to happen ofton (if at all again)
be happy your getting something
newer chars will always have difficulty in catching up(there is no seiges anymore so whats the problem)
dont see how this bonus is going to make that worse
this gift applies to everyone. so all will benefit

it dosnt state you have to log in everyday in that time. just once

Happy 10th birthday BW

Zdygr - don't log between 01.08 and 10.08.2016.
No one is forcing you to receive a gift
07-27-2016 17:35 Kalisto is offline Search for Posts by Kalisto Add Kalisto to your Buddy List
Zdygr

Relative to others, I am not gaining but losing. What am I to be glad about? I've had a chance to take a couple more months and get an enchant in top 1% on my server. Won't have that any more.

Sure, logging in once during these 10 days is trivial. But if you let's say took a break from the game and didn't know the bonus was coming, you'd miss it easily.

> newer chars will always have difficulty in catching up
I don't know if I can post links so just look up an xkcd comic named "Oxidation".
(It's an odd cognitive mistake some people have that if some quantity (or probability) is nonzero, its actual value doesn't matter.)
6 months to catch up and 3 years to catch up is a huge difference.

07-25-2016 13:39 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
SladeWilson

Registration Date: 10-28-2015

Why do people have to complain, we are getting an amazing gift be happy about it.

not as if they are giving out your choice of leg p5.

Bloodwars team, thank you much appreciated for all your hard work.
07-25-2016 15:48 SladeWilson is offline Search for Posts by SladeWilson Add SladeWilson to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Oooh your celebrating it on my birthday (the 10th)! Thanks for a ridiculously addictive game that has kept me hooked since 2009! I've had an xbox, xbox 360, ps4 and gaming pc with about 50 games on each but I keep on logging into this daily!

Thanks also for this big bonus we're getting! It's gonna help me improve my character a lot!

07-25-2016 16:07 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
SladeWilson

Its gonna be GREAT! Big Grin
07-25-2016 16:14 SladeWilson is offline Search for Posts by SladeWilson Add SladeWilson to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

so much complaining?! rly ? its gift for everybody! i would complain if top players would get that and rest would get half but now?! when every player can get it? come on?!

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

07-25-2016 16:03 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Zdygr

To everyone who thinks this is amazing: imagine they gave every player +1 trillion (1 000 000 000 000) points of progress. Still find it amazing?

07-25-2016 16:45 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
SladeWilson

how is that even atall a comparison?

1000evos? people still need thousands of evos.
level 1 runes? that's like 3-4 expos worth of runes.
2000fld. yeah its quite a lot but its still down to rng whether you get a good enchant

everyone gets it so whats the big deal no one is at a disadvantage here atall.
07-25-2016 16:52 SladeWilson is offline Search for Posts by SladeWilson Add SladeWilson to your Buddy List
Zdygr

1000 evos and 14 runes is just weeks of work. About 2-3 weeks, to be specific. Still a touch too much for my tastes, but in the jubilee spirit it's fine and reasonable. (It also has the upside of helping current smaller players to catch up.) No objections there.

2000 FLD at 8 locations is literally years of work, I'd say 3 to 4.
That's not equivalent to 1 trillion pop of course, more like "mere" 100 M. But that's enough to make 90% of previous progress meaningless.
If you don't like what RNG offers you just repeat. Only in most cases your enchants will be expensive, and you pass all levels in one run. (First 500 FLD points of my 1000+ were way harder than the next.)

07-25-2016 17:32 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
Aichi_Sendou

Registration Date: 09-08-2014

quote:
1000 evos and 14 runes is just weeks of work. About 2-3 weeks, to be specific. Still a touch too much for my tastes, but in the jubilee spirit it's fine and reasonable. (It also has the upside of helping current smaller players to catch up.) No objections there.

2000 FLD at 8 locations is literally years of work, I'd say 3 to 4.
That's not equivalent to 1 trillion pop of course, more like "mere" 100 M. But that's enough to make 90% of previous progress meaningless.
If you don't like what RNG offers you just repeat. Only in most cases your enchants will be expensive, and you pass all levels in one run. (First 500 FLD points of my 1000+ were way harder than the next.)

I get what you are saying. But this is a dying server. If you do not want it. Do not login. It is a much needed thing for people that have just returned to the server who are years behind even being contenders. Imagine coming back and have having lvl 1 abos when everyone else has 4k HP more than you dependent on situations
07-25-2016 17:43 Aichi_Sendou is offline Search for Posts by Aichi_Sendou Add Aichi_Sendou to your Buddy List
Zdygr

If this is a dying server, is it really a good idea to create another rift that puts players who come next in even worse situation?
Are they essentially wrapping things up? :-(

07-25-2016 17:49 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
Aichi_Sendou

They cannot give bonus to one that need it more. That's too selective so if you start a new account that day you get it. It may promote new players to join etc or older ones to rejoin.
07-25-2016 17:55 Aichi_Sendou is offline Search for Posts by Aichi_Sendou Add Aichi_Sendou to your Buddy List
Zdygr

I get the idea of "inflation". You make it so that e.g. 2 years of active playing in 2013-2014 result in the same advantage as several months in late 2015-2016. Very reasonalble, if you want newer players to have a chance without grinding evos for years.

But it is my impression that the FLD bonus sets the inflation rate to too high - it is huge and they are going to need further inflation to cover the rift they are creating now.
It is also particularly unfavourable to me, because of the FLD I've accumulated. And I suspect keeping old players is at least as important as getting new ones :-)

But of course the admins are better equipped to choose the optimal strategy, and final decision is theirs. I'm just giving my feedback (hoping they might reconsider the size of the bonus).

07-25-2016 18:28 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
Aichi_Sendou

The thing is you are on the B server type. These bonuses arent as large as underworld. On under more better enchants will.allow the server to reach things necro cannot. These bonuses are agreed on from the polish servers
07-25-2016 18:32 Aichi_Sendou is offline Search for Posts by Aichi_Sendou Add Aichi_Sendou to your Buddy List
Zdygr

> These bonuses are agreed on from the polish servers

> this is a dying server

So which one it is?

07-25-2016 23:33 Zdygr is offline Search for Posts by Zdygr Add Zdygr to your Buddy List
Aichi_Sendou

This is a dying server so it does not matter here.
07-26-2016 00:25 Aichi_Sendou is offline Search for Posts by Aichi_Sendou Add Aichi_Sendou to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

My Birthday lies within these days - do I get double?!

Smile

07-28-2016 01:54 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Darkthunder

Registration Date: 07-16-2009

Thanks for the bonuses.They should be daily.Seriously now Zdygr,stop complaining.Don't like it,don't log-in!
07-29-2016 09:29 Darkthunder is offline Search for Posts by Darkthunder Add Darkthunder to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » 16. Birthday bonuses

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH