Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » The fading relevance of the Black Knight » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The fading relevance of the Black Knight 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

The fading relevance of the Black Knight Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can't help but feel were a dying breed...

Defence is no longer particularly defined by armour, more by Enchantments, and even then defence is pretty much irrelevant.

Snipers don't care, Ignore Defence is becoming more prevalent everywhere else due to high level map 2 mobs needing it.

Speaking if high level mobs, Agility is the most important thing you can be working on.

Black Knights are pretty much only good in King of the Hill (and even then, if it's a weak spawning low Initiative can leave us left out of the resources.

So...

Are there any upcoming plans to help out Black Knights?

I know they used to be a bit too good, but those days are over X_X

If there are no plans on the horizon, I will instead shelve my old toys and go be something else until Black Knight fades even further and the Buff Gods finally smile upon them again!

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by theheraldofogc: 08-31-2016 01:53.

08-31-2016 01:52 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I realised they weren't getting many bonuses, I mean other non-melee tattoos get an extra attack every xx of levels so if they haven't improved BK's by now, chances are they won't. Hence my tattoo change to Berserker, works just as great as being a BK but with lots more agility and damage.

09-05-2016 20:52 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

RE: The fading relevance of the Black Knight Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I Agree with my old buddy herald

BK is becoming a poor choice to have in later stages of the game these days.

i can get over 1k def which effective in some ambushes does not provide me any benifit with the bigger mobs/snipers/players with high def ignore% which is more common due to the 2k FLD helping ppl roll better chants.

all other tattoos got a new buff in some form or other except BK

would be interesting to know if you have any plans for a future buff for BK ?
otherwise like heraldo and many others i can see bezerker been the only other option to advance and try keep up with rest of server

since we have -10% crit dmg...at least give us + 10% def ignore Tongue

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 09-06-2016 15:34.

09-06-2016 11:39 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Haaaaaiiiiiiiiiii Ba_alzamon! Big Grin

Bug changes tend to come around the Blood Wars Anniversary, so there's likely no plans until next year.

What I would like to see is a level scaled hit bonus similar to Demon Lord, and a level scaled Ignore Defence. Give them long term legs against expo mobs, and these changes would have no significant bearing on PvP (given that most BKs just tank Reputation and go Sniper clubbing for their Ambushes).

But until such a time as Black Knights get some love, I'm working on Berzerker kit :p

09-08-2016 00:21 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

i think they didnt realise that the anervisary event would give out so much ingore defence bouns and the effect it would give

what about making the encahts like the new range wepons so like 30% for expos koths but 15% for pvp

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by fool: 09-11-2016 01:04.

09-08-2016 00:22 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

bumping this thread

@Sz can we have your input on this ?

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
09-20-2016 11:33 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

At the moment we are working on improving the enchantments system. If there are any developments concerning Black Knights, I'll let you know.

(Also, free nanites incoming!)

09-21-2016 06:49 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc

Thank you for the reply Smile

09-29-2016 00:07 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » The fading relevance of the Black Knight

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH