Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » HTTPS connection » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page HTTPS connection
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
eg0

images/avatars/avatar-610.gif

Registration Date: 10-05-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: Sanitarium

Attention HTTPS connection Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As time moves on with internet security, sooner or later all bigger browsers will start to show annoying warning labels while logging into an unsecured website (Firefox already does). Maybe one day it will be impossible completely.

So even though we do not share our bank accounts and private pictures in Bloodwars, it would be nice to have a secured HTTPS connection to the server Smile

eg0

IGN Necropolis: eg0

03-16-2017 07:29 eg0 is offline Search for Posts by eg0 Add eg0 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's not a bug, so I'm moving this to Game System. I'll also ask Konrad about this

03-16-2017 09:38 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We'll migrate to HTTPS within the next 3 months Smile

UPDATE:

If you want to disable Firefox warnings, here's a guide on how to do this: https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/disable...sword-warnings/

03-16-2017 11:34 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
eg0

Thread Starter Thread Started by eg0

I already knew this workaround, curing the symptoms but not the root cause Wink But great news we are moving to HTTPS! Smile

Thanks a lot!

03-23-2017 13:44 eg0 is offline Search for Posts by eg0 Add eg0 to your Buddy List
eg0

ping Wink

06-27-2017 07:48 eg0 is offline Search for Posts by eg0 Add eg0 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

I'll ask Konrad for an update Smile

06-27-2017 10:45 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Konrad's back from holidays. We should migrate to HTTPS in August

07-04-2017 11:22 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
eg0

thanks, thats one step into the right direction Wink

08-07-2017 18:39 eg0 is offline Search for Posts by eg0 Add eg0 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » HTTPS connection

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH