Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Why is my dmg reduced so much? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Why is my dmg reduced so much?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

Why is my dmg reduced so much? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 23440

Problem description: why is my crit damage so low?
https://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid...&key=9ebea9526d
I've got a crit rate of 328% so how are my crit hits so low???

700 is nowhere near 328% of 325...

https://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid...&key=061b7574e3
In this fight my non crits hit with around 400dmg (+75dmg) but the crit hits are about 600dmg stronger than the first example. I also dont have ambition active in this one so my dmg should be at least 35 lower.

I cant make any sense of this at all...
--- why is my dmg so much higher is the second example?
--- I use ranged so dmg is only reduced by 1/4 defence, so how can an additional 170 defence reduce my dmg by so much? (Ignore 2% of dmg only counts for around 8dmg) If I take into account the +35dmg from ambition it means I was reduced by an additional 110dmg. This is way more than should happen overall
---I also have ignore 13% defence, so this makes things even more questionable

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Demandred: 12-01-2017 14:38.

11-26-2017 16:25 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do you have more reports like the first one, in which critical dmg is about 30% lower than expected?

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

11-28-2017 07:46 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Demandred
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Unfortunately I dont have any other reports at the moment.
But it isnt the first time my damage has looked off (just the most glaringly questionable), so I'll post up here if/when it happens again.

But it's not just the crit damage that seems off... how can 170def lower my non-crit dmg by ~110?! Without ignore defence even factored in, it shouldnt be possible to lower it more than 43... (~50 with ignore dmg from his def)

11-28-2017 09:33 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

There are many effect infuencing final dmg - there is for example 'ignore dmg' effect - take a look at changelog of patch v. 1.4.26.
Are you sure you had additional critical mod in the first battle? As I can see in source code, there are no additional modifiers - it's just dmg * crit mod.

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

11-29-2017 06:55 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

As I stated in my first post, my opponents defence earned a 2% ignore attack bonus (meaning ignore approx. 8dmg), not enough to make up for the loss of dmg. (100def = 1% ignore atk)

quote:
Are you sure you had additional critical mod in the first battle? As I can see in source code, there are no additional modifiers - it's just dmg * crit mod.

What do mean by additional critical mod?
I had the same evos and my crit dmg bonuses are from my weapon and tattoos, and my crit % should be the same in both also (although that shoudnt effect crit dmg)

The problem is also in how much my damage was reduced for non-criticals. So crit dmg is only part of the problem

11-30-2017 16:36 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

silly question demandred

but did you by any chance change your enchants between those 2 attacks ?
removed a dmg enchant perhaps ??

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
12-01-2017 08:36 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

Only enchants I changed lately was from +20dmg to +1dmg/4lvls, so that would bring my dmg up anyway.
But I'm pretty certain that change was a week before the earlier attack anyhow

Edit:
https://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid...&key=53ae09ded2
I can see that his stats are different here, so not sure whats different in his setup, but his def is basically the same here so figured it would make an ok comparison. (Note; I'm not using ambition in this one)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Demandred: 12-01-2017 19:13.

12-01-2017 09:59 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Why is my dmg reduced so much?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH