Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Reset Evos for Premium » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Reset Evos for Premium 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
RexB

Registration Date: 03-13-2018

Reset Evos for Premium Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What was the actual reason for this never being an option? People would easy use it. Tattoo swaps alone are a prime reason. As you can change those why not allow us to change evos too.

You'll only get more money by people buying the premium back they used..
06-04-2018 19:43 RexB is offline Search for Posts by RexB Add RexB to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

RE: Reset Evos for Premium Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there reasoning was
any tiem a new evo would come out ppl would reset and just use the meta

but this isnt an issue with tatoos apparently
or that we can change race (^_-)/

we need this szesebleh ,tell konrad/sushi to get off their asses and approve this

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
06-05-2018 10:06 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
RexB

Thread Starter Thread Started by RexB
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well that's just ridiculous. Then set t to renew every 180 days like a race change then.. there are ways around it..
06-05-2018 15:06 RexB is offline Search for Posts by RexB Add RexB to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The thing is, it is kind of a slippery slope to a full pay2win. We add options to reset when we think they aren't going to upset the balance too much.

06-06-2018 20:33 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

The flipside of that is that a lack of re-speccing just hurts pioneers.

It's not even mistakes!

I have massive amounts of dead evolutions that I activated to help with quests because I had no idea what was coming next.

I'm a Black Knight running a defencive build. I would not have Wings Level 1, Enlightened Level 2, or Sixth Sense Level 4 AT ALL.

There are also things like Harmonious development or Memory of the Ancestors I may not have bothered with yet if I had known other options.

As it stands now, if I took a break and came back (allowing for newer characters to catch up to or surpass me, which I have done in the past) I would have an objectively worse character. You can't even shrug and say "that helps with late game equipment and buildings" because evolutions don't work like that. I just have to live with a worse character because I'm a long term customer.

It feels pretty bad.

We're not even asking for it to be free!

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
06-06-2018 23:40 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
The thing is, it is kind of a slippery slope to a full pay2win. We add options to reset when we think they aren't going to upset the balance too much.

its no more pay 2 win than changing your race for the arkana

or the tattoo thats top dps now ?

and your not getting additional evo
your still limited to how many evo you have farmed

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
06-07-2018 08:36 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Race change has been introduced after a LOT of requests from players. It's possible that we'll do the same for evo in the future, but it's really up to you. Just keep giving us feedback Smile

06-07-2018 08:48 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007
Race in game: Absorber

so if I'm understanding you rightfor something to change you need to canvase the players ?

ive not seen 1 player thinks getting rid of free caravan is a good idea

some very clever people play this game, emulation is not too hard

06-07-2018 10:26 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007

I know of 2 games similar, not vampire but romans and a warrior game

06-07-2018 10:30 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
RexB

We're taking the above comment as a YES to resetting evos.

It's no more pay to win than it is giving players flexibility over their own accounts. We aren't paying to receive an item. We are paying to reset something that we have ALREADY earned. It's not as if we are getting it for nothing.
06-07-2018 10:38 RexB is offline Search for Posts by RexB Add RexB to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by RexB
We're taking the above comment as a YES to resetting evos.

It's no more pay to win than it is giving players flexibility over their own accounts. We aren't paying to receive an item. We are paying to reset something that we have ALREADY earned. It's not as if we are getting it for nothing.

thats my thinking raxis..were not gaining evos...weve worked hard to get them

and ive been playing since 2007 so i fancy a change in play style every now and again ..i should be able to reset evos to go with my tattoo reset and race reset

im also taking Szezeblehs answer as a yes haha

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 06-07-2018 10:43.

06-07-2018 10:42 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

Money is just waiting to be picked up. If I can be cultist demonlord one day and beastmaster berzerker on otherday then why we draw the line at EVO points. Even if we could buy evo points and runes and rune essence it wouldn't be pay to win as you really need to figure out ur gear and buildings and do expos/koths everyday anyways to get somewhere. This game would be pay to win if u could combine gear and buy soulstones. Everything else is license to print money. But for now EVO point reset option and 720 day premium buying option would do.

06-07-2018 13:03 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
byn

images/avatars/avatar-1014.jpg

Registration Date: 11-25-2011

I AM GROOT

born again from the ashes;
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=32734377&key=5537a53020

06-07-2018 13:31 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by byn
I AM GROOT

this means "i agree we need reset evo option "

06-07-2018 13:35 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
trub
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2017
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Howl

unlock every single evo available,
and set your evos before combat like arcana.?
06-07-2018 16:08 trub is offline Search for Posts by trub Add trub to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by trub

cmon now thats not what were asking (would be nice though)

i dont think its to crazy to want to reset your evos is it ?

06-07-2018 16:38 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-997.jpg

Registration Date: 12-22-2010
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

I AM GROOT

06-08-2018 09:05 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by alyat
I AM GROOT

this also means :yes i want evo reset option

06-08-2018 09:30 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
byn

images/avatars/avatar-1014.jpg

Registration Date: 11-25-2011

quote:

I AM GROOT

born again from the ashes;
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=32734377&key=5537a53020

06-08-2018 10:39 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by byn
quote:

I AM GROOT

translating : baalza is a sexy man who i admire
and please implement evo reset option

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 06-08-2018 19:44.

06-08-2018 19:44 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

++++++++++++++

06-08-2018 20:09 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Sanctus

Registration Date: 03-14-2012

I AM GROOT
06-09-2018 13:48 Sanctus is offline Search for Posts by Sanctus Add Sanctus to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Sanctus
I AM GROOT

love my clanmates help on this ..i spose ill translate for sanctus too -.-

translation: i want evo reset option or misha will eat me

06-09-2018 15:18 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

WE ARE GROOT

06-09-2018 17:46 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Indica
WE ARE GROOT

christ almighty players are coming back just to troll ><

translation:i came back just to troll and Szesebleh give baalza what he wants

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 06-09-2018 18:25.

06-09-2018 18:24 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

not coming back, just going to argue for a feature beneficial to both players and dev pockets.

06-09-2018 19:29 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Indica
not coming back, just going to argue for a feature beneficial to both players and dev pockets.

and we love you for it Wink

06-09-2018 19:56 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
RexB

Bumperino
06-20-2018 19:51 RexB is offline Search for Posts by RexB Add RexB to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Guys, there's no need to bump this thread. We're aware that you'd like to have this option and we'll keep it in mind. However, for now it's not going to be available.

06-21-2018 07:10 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Clan: BoS

Hmmmmm, not going to be popular but.......

Good. I don't see why it should be an option.

All I'm seeing are people who want a short cut to gaining newer more fashionable evo's whenever they are released, when others have got what they wanted and needed simply by playing the game.

Here are my evo levels and the points spent getting them (and there are players with more than me).

Wings level 5 2250
Carapace level 4 1500
Claws/Fangs/Quills level 4 1500
Venom glands level 5 2250
Hardened tendons level 5 2250
Additional cavity level 5 2250
Daemon blood level 5 2250
Mutated DNA level 5 2250
Enlightened level 4 1500
Sixth sense level 5 2250
Absorption level 4 1500
Harmonious development level 4 1500
Mana contamination level 4 7250
Memory of the ancestors level 5 4500
Might level 5 4000
Lightness of being level 5 2250
Pyromancy level 5 13250
Bond with Gaea level 5 13250
Hydromancy level 4 7250
Astral form level 5 13250
Demonic mark level 4 3750

3 items to Epic 2250

Current Evo pts total free 5413 (Level 5 Hydromancy next)

Total Evo points gained 99663

I have more Level 5's than I can use due to my level, and nothing under level 4. Indeed, all the evo's were maxxed at Level 4 well before Level 5's were introduced.

So i've collected just shy of 100k evo points. What's so hard about getting them exactly other than time?? (And if you've been active since evo's were introduced, you really have no excuse)
06-21-2018 21:27 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

its less to do with time and more being able to reset redundant evos that are no longer useful myrkul

alspo some ppl have taken over accounts or want to switch tattoo
so it would be nice to have option to reset evos

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 06-22-2018 08:32.

06-22-2018 08:32 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
also some ppl have taken over accounts or want to switch tattoo

++++++++++++ for switch tattoo

06-22-2018 21:36 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Clan: [BoS]

Kinda agree with Myrkul,
Not sure if adding more "pay to get advantage" options is of any benefit to the game.
Personally I think its gone too far already.
You have the option for multi accounts now... if new accounts have such an advantage, make a new account.
The more exclusively premium based options that are introduced the closer it is to "pay to play".
I'm not in a position to purchase premium at the moment (not going to explain how/why, but its simply not possible. Money is not the issue), but I always did when I could. But the necessiy for premium is getting greater and greater.
Even questing kinda requires premium now that caravans are gone.
If you took over an account, stop being lazy. It is what it is, work on it!
If you change race/tattoo, you're already getting a huge advantage over non premium players so get over yourself.

If BW had half the exclusively premium paid options when I started playing (+10yrs ago) as it does now, I dont think I'd have stuck with it.

Just my two cents.

06-26-2018 08:34 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
Kinda agree with Myrkul,
Not sure if adding more "pay to get advantage" options is of any benefit to the game.
Personally I think its gone too far already.
You have the option for multi accounts now... if new accounts have such an advantage, make a new account.
The more exclusively premium based options that are introduced the closer it is to "pay to play".
I'm not in a position to purchase premium at the moment (not going to explain how/why, but its simply not possible. Money is not the issue), but I always did when I could. But the necessiy for premium is getting greater and greater.
Even questing kinda requires premium now that caravans are gone.
If you took over an account, stop being lazy. It is what it is, work on it!
If you change race/tattoo, you're already getting a huge advantage over non premium players so get over yourself.

If BW had half the exclusively premium paid options when I started playing (+10yrs ago) as it does now, I dont think I'd have stuck with it.

Just my two cents.

without those premmy options to speed up gameplay you see the game ? its dying and has been for Quite some time ..grind is too long imo

the premium option is pay 2 win in itself and been around from start Demandred you literaly get twice the attacks/quest as ppl without

resetting your evos is not pay 2 win i dont see how it is ..you still need to grind the evo pts

also "if you took over an account dont be lazy and work on it " pretty sure ive done quite well with Zarkhier account, still dosnt take away from the fact many options were decided previously that i wouldnt of picked . and i want the ability to choose those options myself

many others have expressed interest in this aswell *shrugs*

you either liek the idea or dont ..its up to Szesebleh and co at the end of the day

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 06-26-2018 09:56.

06-26-2018 09:44 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
RexB

Yeah there is a considerable amount of people that like the idea. And I don't think at all this whole option is based on what you think it is.

OHMYGOD NEWEVOLETSALLRESET!!1!1!1!11!!!

Or

ARGHMAGAWD NEWACCOUNTOFORMEEE

It's just the flexibility of getting rid of old ones that are no longer used if you change tattoo or anything else like that. You can change gear and tattoos.

As balza said you're all entitled to your own opinions but you're not looking at it from the right perspective when you're complaining about people being lazy... it's not a “pay to win” or anything else because you already have to earn them to get them. If they introduced an option to BUY evo with premium that's when it's gone too far.
06-26-2018 10:40 RexB is offline Search for Posts by RexB Add RexB to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

So basically people who have worked hard or can't pay are against it. If nothing else this option should be available only cause silly people like me make mistakes choosing evos.

06-26-2018 12:56 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

I very specifically never said "pay to win".
I said it has "pay for advantage" options. Extra attacks/quests dont guarantee anything, you still have to go through the same process as non prem players to get anything out of them.
My point is that continually adding features that are exclusively for premium players pushes it away from being "an advantage" and towards being "essential". At which point it becomes "pay to play".

And yes Ba'al, if you take over an account it's pretty obvious not every choice made will be what you would have made. If thats a problem for you, dont take over an account. Make a new one!

We play on a multi account server. If you want more play styles, make more accounts.

If you dont enjoy the grind, why are you still here, BW is a grind.
And adding evo reset wont change that.
If you want a faster progression rate push for a speed server, thats way more relevant.

Next people will want a full character respec; "I earned all that exp, why cant I respec my character, I'd have done it differently if I was aware what I'd want now"

06-26-2018 17:06 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
I very specifically never said "pay to win".
I said it has "pay for advantage" options. Extra attacks/quests dont guarantee anything, you still have to go through the same process as non prem players to get anything out of them.
My point is that continually adding features that are exclusively for premium players pushes it away from being "an advantage" and towards being "essential". At which point it becomes "pay to play".

And yes Ba'al, if you take over an account it's pretty obvious not every choice made will be what you would have made. If thats a problem for you, dont take over an account. Make a new one!

We play on a multi account server. If you want more play styles, make more accounts.

If you dont enjoy the grind, why are you still here, BW is a grind.
And adding evo reset wont change that.
If you want a faster progression rate push for a speed server, thats way more relevant.

Next people will want a full character respec; "I earned all that exp, why cant I respec my character, I'd have done it differently if I was aware what I'd want now"

No1 here is talking about getting more exp, why would you bring up speed server? I get it, you can't pay and would make new account when you mess up your evos.
How much of advantage it is in your eyes? I can reset evo points every day and it still would be a grind never the less. On the other hand I could totally have gear from range to 1h melee and change race and tattoos as grinding different expo locations but as far as I have seen top 100 hasn't much changed in 3 years by guys paying and playing. ALSO you have seen changes to game play over the years, think how many people would quit without having these options.

Also more options paying for mid-relevant supports BW Team and why is that bad? You hate BW Team?

06-27-2018 10:08 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

Player choice isn't a bad thing.

Permanently punishing players for mistakes feels pretty bad though...

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
06-28-2018 17:24 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

Does nobody else see how continually adding features that are exclusively for premium pushes the game away from being free to play?
Eventually it would become "free to play" a "trial version" of the game, but essential to pay to keep up with players who not only get more daily actions (a decent advantage, but still only just that) but who can also reset their character to capitalise off whatever new changes are made.
I appreciate the work the Dev team do, and I buy Prem when I can to support them. But alot of what they do is try to maintain balance between different races/tattoos etc... so I appreciate their efforts by playing the game as its put before me. Complaining that a new feature makes your choices seem like mistakes is kinda disregarding their efforts no?
Yes, we all make some poor choices, live with them. If everyone has to do the same its not a punishment, its just (non)life. If only non prem players have to live with it, it becomes a punishment only for those who dont/cant pay.

Race change and tattoo change were added before we had multi accounts, whats the excuse now?

07-04-2018 20:43 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Reset Evos for Premium

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH