Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » UK server 4: Low Population & the Auction House » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page UK server 4: Low Population & the Auction House
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

UK server 4: Low Population & the Auction House Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone! Long time no see. Hope you're all doing well.

I've started playing on UK4 and oh boy, the servers population isn't exactly booming. On one hand, I'm loving the smaller nature of this server - it all feels way more personal! On the other hand, well.. even hitting everyone I can the moment they become available, I never go beneath 20+ attacks.

A shame, but there isn't much to be done about that.

The AH however, now that one could potentially never open up at this rate - and that is something that can be changed. Should it be changed? Im not sure, but the current conditions simply do not make sense.

Auctions system will be automatically turned on when the number of players entitled to use it reaches 100. The current number of entitled players: 18.

Seems reasonable... so why do I say it doesn't make sense? Well right now, UK4 has maybe 20-30 active players. We're very very far from unlocking the AH. Here's where it doesn't make sense: any server could have 100 eligible players, but if only 20 of them are active, then its the exact same situation as UK4 right now.

The requirement should be 100 active players, not "eligable". Problem being, never mind this side of Christmas, I have my doubts whether UK4 will ever reach that target.

Not having an AH or any way to trade items, certainly changes the games dynamic. Sure, right now there aren't any major problems as loot is very easy to come by. But it is certainly a sad fact that we're missing out a pretty cool element of the game.

Final thoughts...
I partly wanted to rant, partly wanted to say hello to everyone ^^ But really, with the increased drops, its not a major problem *right now*. But it will quickly become a sad state when we cannot share loot to help encourage the various different types of builds available in the game.

@BW Dev Team - what are your thoughts on this?
@the 20 active people on UK4 - what are your thoughts on this?
@those not on UK4 - click dis Big Grin

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 08-17-2020 22:05.

08-17-2020 22:04 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We will make sure AH is operational soonish Smile

EDIT:

Actually AH should be operational already Smile

08-18-2020 15:11 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Thread Starter Thread Started by DemonDude2
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yep! We're using it already ^^ Thanks team o/\o

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

08-20-2020 14:07 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » UK server 4: Low Population & the Auction House

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH