Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Rpg vs Rts » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rpg vs Rts
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Rpg vs Rts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Which do you think is better and why?

I think rpgs are better Big Grin

Huge storys and engaging gameplay that usually creates a level of immersion no other genre comes even close to. Rts games are to tedious imo, i dont like having to wait 3 hours to find out ive lost Wink
02-13-2009 21:14 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

RE: Rpg vs Rts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan
Rts games are to tedious imo, i dont like having to wait 3 hours to find out ive lost Wink

Thats kus u suck at em lol

Well i love both, but prefer RTS. Their both tedious if you dont enjoy playing them obviously.

I love RTS' with a mix of rpg, things like AoW and Warlords BattleCry were you get a leader unit, upping their stats and abillitys and take them through a huge stoyline thats constanly added to by modders and mappers is just amazing.

Especially when your leveling up 30-50+ units, getting veterans, treasuring the special items you find and chossing whether to tackly the dragons den and get special items or attack the enemys city and hinder their production!

I find it more fun, especially as the only way to add difference in an rpg is to give multiple characters at diff. stages through the game!

Edit: I love RPGs tho, its like living the story you read out of a book! Lotsa fun =]

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 02-13-2009 22:48.

02-13-2009 21:53 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Gumis1

images/avatars/avatar-335.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think RPG is good and RTS too. I like both but i have two games which i play very long time. Its Warcraft III and Diablo II (few thousands hours every one) Wink

02-13-2009 21:55 Gumis1 is offline Search for Posts by Gumis1 Add Gumis1 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well i get more immersed in RPGs, but i play a few RTSs (had to wiki what that meant) and them few i liked (assuming halo wars, S.W.I.N.E, and hostile waters are RTS)

The RPGs are alot longer and keep me addicted to them, but RTS (once again, assuming them 3 are RTS) i like playing just for the fact that i ACTUALLY know i'm getting somewhere, unlike RPGs where your just going where the wind blows you (or the a-holes XD)

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
02-14-2009 01:12 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by AudatiousTitan

quote:
Originally posted by Nemazis
Well i get more immersed in RPGs, but i play a few RTSs (had to wiki what that meant) and them few i liked (assuming halo wars, S.W.I.N.E, and hostile waters are RTS)

The RPGs are alot longer and keep me addicted to them, but RTS (once again, assuming them 3 are RTS) i like playing just for the fact that i ACTUALLY know i'm getting somewhere, unlike RPGs where your just going where the wind blows you (or the a-holes XD)

Huh, u just contradicted urself Tongue
02-14-2009 01:13 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

[quote]Warlords BattleCry {/quote]

Warlords battlecry III, undead assassin, nothing can touch it Big Grin especially since Ive used the glitch to give him X10 attack speed ;D

----

Anyways.

I persoanlyl love both, but overall I'm an RPG man. Oblivion being the second greatest ever, the first, for me, is FF VI, if you have never played it I advise it. the story depth is great, and there is some control over it (Whether a character dies or not) contrary to popular belief, VII was NOT the first one to deliberately kill of a playable character, it's just in VI you have the choice (Though you don't know it at the time) and third is FFX

Though my favourite overall RPG EVER above those above is Might and Magic, All the way from 1-8 (9 is good but has no story connection)

As for RTS, Age of Empires, Dawn of War ect. They are amazing games. But no RTS can match an RPG in terms of style. Though Warcraft III is pretty impressive, especially the very final scene of Frozen throne

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 01:44 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
[quote]Warlords BattleCry {/quote]

Warlords battlecry III, undead assassin, nothing can touch it Big Grin especially since Ive used the glitch to give him X10 attack speed ;D

----

Anyways.

I persoanlyl love both, but overall I'm an RPG man. Oblivion being the second greatest ever, the first, for me, is FF VI, if you have never played it I advise it. the story depth is great, and there is some control over it (Whether a character dies or not) contrary to popular belief, VII was NOT the first one to deliberately kill of a playable character, it's just in VI you have the choice (Though you don't know it at the time) and third is FFX

Though my favourite overall RPG EVER above those above is Might and Magic, All the way from 1-8 (9 is good but has no story connection)

As for RTS, Age of Empires, Dawn of War ect. They are amazing games. But no RTS can match an RPG in terms of style. Though Warcraft III is pretty impressive, especially the very final scene of Frozen throne

7 was the 1st game to make ppl care that a character was killed off :p best game ever made lol, havnt we had this discussion before? 6 was amazing tho xD

Some rts games are good, but i think rpgs are better overall, more depth and playability
02-14-2009 01:46 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
7 was the 1st game to make ppl care that a character was killed off :p best game ever made lol, havnt we had this discussion before? 6 was amazing tho xD

Some rts games are good, but i think rpgs are better overall, more depth and playability

Except Shadow seems to be everyones favourite character from the FF series, so anyone who has palyed VI will have cared. Aerith was pointless anyway, I found her useless to my party Big Grin

I suppose depth and playability all come down to the person.

What does Black and White fall under? I'm sure it's a bit of both

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 01:50 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

rpg or rts

my answer is FINAL FANTASY lol

rpg all the way..the only series of games where you actually care for your charectors..tis just brilliant..

though for rts:command and conqer are great too.

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
02-14-2009 01:50 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
quote:

Except Shadow seems to be everyones favourite character from the FF series, so anyone who has palyed VI will have cared. Aerith was pointless anyway, I found her useless to my party Big Grin

I suppose depth and playability all come down to the person.

What does Black and White fall under? I'm sure it's a bit of both

Havnt really played it :p

And aerith was my highest lvl'd character on my 1st playthrough, i was like nooooooooooooooo wen she died, was grim lol

Edit: c&c sucks Tongue one of the reason i dont like rts Tongue
02-14-2009 01:51 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

C&C is very much overrated, excpet the Tiberian series, which are excellent.

Another example of an RTS I love is Starcraft, adn Starcraft II is coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZEEEEERRRRRG!

Still:

black and White.... what is it?

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 01:56 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
C&C is very much overrated, excpet the Tiberian series, which are excellent.

Another example of an RTS I love is Starcraft, adn Starcraft II is coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZEEEEERRRRRG!

Still:

black and White.... what is it?

Its an rts Tongue
02-14-2009 01:57 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Really... except for the fact it has a story, and you play yourself ot be good or evil.... which is like fable, an RPG Big Grin

Black and white I would say iss neither, since you choose your style of play and follow quitre a convoluted story

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 02:01 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Its top down view and u build and move loads of stuff...its rts lmao
02-14-2009 02:08 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

But you also shape a character (two if you count your pet) and decisions will affect gameplay later on.

02-14-2009 02:11 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

That doens't define RTS.

In Little Big Planet you build, have a top down view, yet it's an RPG.

And the fact is you choose the way you go with the story.

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 02:11 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Its an rts with rpg elements :p Alot of game get called rpgs when they arent because they have some elements that rpgs have
02-14-2009 02:18 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I would say it's more the other way around. Since you spend more time working your creature out.

I mean if you want to be like that, FF isn't an RPG since you don't decide the story, it is already preset.

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 02:20 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

It has nothing to do with story, black and white is blatently an rts Tongue

Proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0iGzT8boPc

What kind of rpg, east or west is based around building stuff?
02-14-2009 02:24 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
What kind of rpg, east or west is based around building stuff?

Little Big Planet.

It's a straw man arguement here. Because the fact is no one has defined what either genre truely is, people are assuming.

Technically no game you play on console, Pc or whatever is an RPG: What do you actually roleplay? The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games come close though.

DnD is an RPG, WHFRP is an RPG, Traveller is an RPG. You see the connection?

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 02:25 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Elder scrolls and fallout are western rpg games whereas ff, star ocean and the tales series are eastern rpgs :p
02-14-2009 02:54 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Elder scrolls and fallout are western rpg games whereas ff, star ocean and the tales series are eastern rpgs :p

but the latter are not RPG's. You don't actually play your character. you are almost reading a book... I love the series but they aren't RPG's.

As Isaid, an RPG is DnD, aka dungeons and dragons. you craft your character, develop them yourslef. They are YOUR character, not someone elses, and you even gain points for playing them as you made them. That is what an RPG is Big Grin

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 02:57 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
------------

but the latter are not RPG's. You don't actually play your character. you are almost reading a book... I love the series but they aren't RPG's.

As Isaid, an RPG is DnD, aka dungeons and dragons. you craft your character, develop them yourslef. They are YOUR character, not someone elses, and you even gain points for playing them as you made them. That is what an RPG is Big Grin

LMFAO, ur really saying that ff isnt rpg?
02-14-2009 02:58 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan
quote:

Huh, u just contradicted urself Tongue

Shaddap XD Immersed for me means forgetting to breathe, blink, and occasionally drooling, which is what i do while playing RPGs, RTS, as i said, not so much forgetting to breathe or drooling on keyboard/control, just... well me going "yay i did it, and it only took me severa- HOLY SHIT IT'S 5AM!!! Gah... one more stage..."

Ok i see your point now T_T

Look i'm a frigging gamer, whatdya expect?!?!?!

P.S When someone says RPG to me, MMORPGs pop into my head (pick a job, do quests, run about like a dick) not oblivion etc (pick a race, pick a job, do quests, ride about on a dick... uhh... horse...)

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 02-14-2009 03:01.

02-14-2009 02:59 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Ii expect geeknees dj Tongue
02-14-2009 03:01 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
LMFAO, ur really saying that ff isnt rpg?

In all truth yes it is not an RPG, since there is no real roleplaying involved (Bar maybe I and II) nothing you do really effects how the story turns out.

I liek tabletop gaming more, which is why I am quite stoic about what is and isnt RPG

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 03:03 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

ur taking the term 2 literally, talbetop game aside ff is an rpg,u actively control the characters growth, and how each character progress skill wise. If the story progression was interchangable all the time games would lose their appeal. Trust me, ff is an rpg
02-14-2009 03:23 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I knew I'd find it somewhere.

Video gmae RPG's are not RPG's they are called Pseudo-Rpg. What it means is that they took their original systems from true RPG games, tabletop, LARP ect. And incorperated it into a video game.

However since you have no control over the character's actions, it is a story, not an RPG. Thus it is a Pseudo-RPG. THe other reason why RPG was attached to them was to attract tabletop fans.

Thus Final Fantasy is not an RPG, except, strangely, FF XI and therefore other games like WoW or Everquest, in which you directly affect yoru character actions, and even build them from scratch.

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 03:32 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
I knew I'd find it somewhere.

Video gmae RPG's are not RPG's they are called Pseudo-Rpg. What it means is that they took their original systems from true RPG games, tabletop, LARP ect. And incorperated it into a video game.

However since you have no control over the character's actions, it is a story, not an RPG. Thus it is a Pseudo-RPG. THe other reason why RPG was attached to them was to attract tabletop fans.

Thus Final Fantasy is not an RPG, except, strangely, FF XI and therefore other games like WoW or Everquest, in which you directly affect yoru character actions, and even build them from scratch.

LMAO, they arnt rpgs, but they are Pseudo-RPGS...i think u make my argument for me Tongue
02-14-2009 03:39 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

So what about maplestory? You build your characters stats from scratch ("rolling" your beginning stats) choose what they look like down to their facial expression and hair. Then you choose a job, CHOOSE where you'd wanna go and train and fight, and make your own rep on the game (total ass ksing noobs, helper monkey, helping with quests, or friendly newb watcher)

Yes theres jobs (archer, warrior, mage, theif) with split paths (mage splits into cleric, fire, or ice) and uhh... idk, mind blank now.

NO WAY THAT'S NOT AN RPG!!!

I'm backety back back
02-14-2009 03:40 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Fraid not.

It's the same as Rock and Indie Rock... they are completely different.

Basically it cannot be an RPG, because htere is no Roleplaying. LARPing is still and RPG, video gaming isn't, because you do not roleplay anything, what od you actually do.

Player 1: 'Tidus takes this action'
GM: Tidus fails, roll to save.

That doens't happen in an RPG, you have no control.

Or even better:

GM: X notices book on table, pass of perception skill.
Player 1: X reads book on table
GM: X finds out that Y is the traitor

In a video game:
X cannot leave room until he has read the book.

You have no control.

----
quote:
You build your characters stats from scratch ("rolling" your beginning stats) choose what they look like down to their facial expression and hair. Then you choose a job, CHOOSE where you'd wanna go and train and fight, and make your own rep on the game (total ass ksing noobs, helper monkey, helping with quests, or friendly newb watcher)

Yes theres jobs (archer, warrior, mage, theif) with split paths (mage splits into cleric, fire, or ice) and uhh... idk, mind blank now.

What about their preferred angle of attack, their backtstory causign trouble later on. personal idiosyncrasies. Or how about their accent, do you speak in it, or do they tlak the same. How variable is it to be them.

A role playing character is someone created with everything. You fill the role, you don't make them then follow a story. A good RPG changes depending on how the character reacts, plays ect. We have a good GM, and I tell you now, if you don't roleplay well you know it

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 03:42 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

U r still taking the term wayyyy 2 literal. Jut because its not a tabletop game doesnt mean its not an rpg. The term itself is pretty broad and incompaces many different interpertations. FF and similar games are rpgs, mabye not in its original concept or format but they are still rpgs, even if they are relagated to the role of sub-genre. U said it yourself, pseudo RPG
02-14-2009 03:54 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Well... now you've lost me, no i've never actually RP'd before, not really planning to... and anyway, most RPGs i play (MMORPGS) you can choose how your character reacts, if someone pisses you off, you swear at them and use an angry emote or something, you choose how your character develops (statwise, a-hole wise aswell) and there is no story, except get strong, kill stuff, do quests, meet people. Rinse and repeat.

P.S Slow the hell down, by the time i put my post in, titans posted, or you raxis, shit you guys post before i finish typing >_<

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 02-14-2009 03:59.

02-14-2009 03:58 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Indie-Rock and rock are not the same

Pseudo-Rpg and Rpg are not the same.

I'm just taking it as it truely is. There is no RPG element in FF, it's a story, like reading a book. You do not construct the depth of what it is. There is no reward for playing a character right. All you do is number crunch, you don't say 'Oh Cloud would be cool with a fan', what you do instead is go, 'Ultima weapon'. it's the same every time, there is no progression.

And about controllign growth. You don't choose where they start, and in most FF's they learn most of their skills as they level.

FF is fun, but it's not an RPG

DJ:

hence why I specifically stated this:

quote:

Sicne these paly much mroe like a tabletop game, but still lack vital elements

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 03:59 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Well... now you've lost me, no i've never actually RP'd before, not really planning to... and anyway, most RPGs i play (MMORPGS) you can choose how your character reacts, if someone pisses you off, you swear at them and use an angry emote or something, you choose how your character develops (statwise, a-hole wise aswell) and there is no story, except get strong, kill stuff, do quests, meet people. Rinse and repeat.

P.S Slow the hell down, by the time i put my post in, titans posted, or you raxis, shit you guys post before i finish typing >_<

Mmorpgs are a sub-genre based around character building. Different to traditional rpgs
02-14-2009 04:00 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Jut because its not a tabletop game doesnt mean its not an rpg.

you're right there. LARPing is the only other true form of RPG.

Live Action Roleplay. Where you become you character.

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 04:02 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Raxis...seriously...wtf

I have been playing rpgs my whole life, ff is an rpg lol, Rpgs arent JUST about controling the story. And are u serious? all rpgs let u control the characters growth trhough the allocation of skills or points. If ff isnt an rpg then u should sue, square enix, level 5 and all other rpg makers for false advertising...i doubt u would get far
02-14-2009 04:04 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
I have been playing rpgs my whole life, ff is an rpg lol, Rpgs arent JUST about controling the story. And are u serious? all rpgs let u control the characters growth trhough the allocation of skills or points. If ff isnt an rpg then u should sue, square enix, level 5 and all other rpg makers for false advertising...i doubt u would get far

Uh uh different laws about sueing.

I have RPGed since I was six, picked up my first DnD when I was ten, before that came WHFRP and Cops and Robbers.

Aud tell me, what is Role PLay? It certainly isn't controlling a premade character and simply sitting there doing nothing that acutally influences them or their story.

Role Play is becoming something that isn't yorself. Sittign on a console or PC yo uare sitll you. When you roleplay you're Kheldack the bard, or Dorian the Fallen knight. Or even Peter the Cop.... you are something that isn't you. That is the core of an RPG. That is why video games are nopt RPG's.

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 04:09 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
quote:

Uh uh different laws about sueing.

I have RPGed since I was six, picked up my first DnD when I was ten, before that came WHFRP and Cops and Robbers.

Aud tell me, what is Role PLay? It certainly isn't controlling a premade character and simply sitting there doing nothing that acutally influences them or their story.

Role Play is becoming something that isn't yorself. Sittign on a console or PC yo uare sitll you. When you roleplay you're Kheldack the bard, or Dorian the Fallen knight. Or even Peter the Cop.... you are something that isn't you. That is the core of an RPG. That is why video games are nopt RPG's.

Different laws? an rpg is an rps, if they are worng as u say they are u will be rich :p and as i said, u are takin the term TO LITERALLY. The phrase roleplaying can be added to basically anything in the right context. Playing from a premade character is necessary for the story that u keep goin on about. U really expect game devs to create a whole game inc cutscenes based on the thousand of variables that a character creation kit would entail? A protaganist is needed to create a proper story. U get to choose their skill path and in certain games story development. ff is an rpg
02-14-2009 04:24 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Playing from a premade character is necessary for the story that u keep goin on about. U really expect game devs to create a whole game inc cutscenes based on the thousand of variables that a character creation kit would entail? A protaganist is needed to create a proper story. U get to choose their skill path and in certain games story development. ff is an rpg

Well then it's not an RPG. It's close but it cannot be an RPG until Virtual Reality works properly.

quote:
ff is an rpg

this part is quite funny, since it you've made no arguement to support it above.

quote:
Different laws? an rpg is an rps, if they are worng as u say they are u will be rich

No, because the legal fees will strip anyhting I would make. It's been done a few times, and they have won the cases against the companies, just cannot afford to use the money cos they have to pay off the legal fees.

quote:
U really expect game devs to create a whole game inc cutscenes based on the thousand of variables that a character creation kit would entail? A protaganist is needed to create a proper story

If they want to create a proper RPG then yes, that is what they are indeed working towards. A world of pretty much infinite possibility, where you CONTROL your character.

Control is not taking preset action, control is actualyl thinmking for yourself and deciding.

You don't come away from an FF game and forget your own name. Sometimes you get so into a role in a true RPG you forget yourself, it's happened to me a few times with kheldack the acrobat Big Grin you don't immerse yourself in your character. Also the fact is that you control several, you don't just control one, which is what roleplaying is

Your imperfection.
02-14-2009 04:31 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Rpg vs Rts

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH