Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld A Change of Tactics » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Change of Tactics
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

A Change of Tactics Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For a while I've been contemplating becoming a Demonlord. In fact when I first joined I originally wanted to be said class, when I first joined it was my aim. Now I was wondering peoples opinions. As they stand these are my stats:

STRENGTH 38 COST: 10207
AGILITY 30 COST: 2374
TOUGHNESS 30 COST: 2374
APPEARANCE 30 COST: 2374
CHARISMA 30 COST: 2374
REPUTATION 30 COST: 2374
PERCEPTION 34 COST: 4923
INTELLIGENCE 33 COST: 4102
KNOWLEDGE 33 COST: 4102

Would it be better for me to start from scratch and make an absorber designed to become demonlord, and give this account t osomeone who woants to play Gangster. Or whether it'd be better to gather my gear and simply build around being able to become one?

Now the reason I want to be an absorber with Dmeonlord is simple.

Stat reduction: 15% overall then on legendary it's even higher. And considering a legendary crossbow has -3% critical chance then it's easily possible, with an absorber, to give it positive critical.

Also the aspect of the dmeonlord that makes it tantalising is the fact it's easiness is an Aura, so it is possible to wield whatever you want, and still use a decent ranged weapon. Thus allowing elvish if I need a high agility + critical set up.

Anyway, as I was saying, what are people's views?

Your imperfection.
02-21-2009 03:39 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Igor

images/avatars/avatar-253.jpg

Registration Date: 12-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

compare your stats to myself
a lvl 65 Act 2 Beastmaster Demonlord

STRENGTH 45
AGILITY 39
TOUGHNESS 38
APPEARANCE 37
CHARISMA 34
REPUTATION 34
PERCEPTION 41
INTELLIGENCE 42
KNOWLEDGE 42

the issue if any with Demonlord is finding heavy enough armour
while still getting decent bonuses to statistics etc from the armour
25/40/25 defence minimums for rank 5 tat restricts certain item choices

you will need high Intelligence + Knowledge and Strength (and level)
this can be achieved using jewelry (sets) but is a slow process
to find the needed pieces on quest or by merging

Elvish armour is itself a problem - negative defence mod
making it a task to find the right suffix + base item

however absorber act 2 arcana adds to %crit & Luck (i tihnk)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Igor: 02-21-2009 05:51.

02-21-2009 05:50 Igor is offline Search for Posts by Igor Add Igor to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Thread Starter Thread Started by Raxis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Also the aspect of the dmeonlord that makes it tantalising is the fact it's easiness is an Aura, so it is possible to wield whatever you want, and still use a decent ranged weapon. Thus allowing elvish if I need a high agility + critical set up.

What I meant by this igor was that it'd let me use Elvish and have full Aura, letting mye use a elgendary heavy xbow of reaction, if Iever get one, with positive critical Tongue

By level 65 I reckon i could have similar stats

Your imperfection.
02-22-2009 00:20 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Igor

images/avatars/avatar-253.jpg

Registration Date: 12-26-2007

have you considered Hunter?
you could meet tattoo reqs WHILE wearing elvish / Light
and easily make a legendary hvy xbow of reaction have positive %

just a thought

im not arguing either way - just giving my view on demonlord
and yes - showing you that your stats arent disproportionate to mine in build
02-22-2009 01:33 Igor is offline Search for Posts by Igor Add Igor to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Thread Starter Thread Started by Raxis

Nah I don't liek the Hunter. ultimately I ant to use the full opower of the Demonlord... however what i mean is, with the aura it's easier to use massive stat stuff, with legendary heavy xbow of reaction.... even if it nullifeis the other stats. Also my racial 5% added on will make it incredubly useful lol... I could use level 100 items at 85 Big Grin

Thing is Ilove playing a tank, hence my Gangster tattoo set. My aim was to go to Collector once I get my field vest of master.

but the aura thing was so that I oculd use good Evlish stuff for expos... when I need the stats

Your imperfection.
02-22-2009 01:39 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld A Change of Tactics

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH