Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » UNDERWORLD - Searing blood changes incoming » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page UNDERWORLD - Searing blood changes incoming 6 Votes - Average Rating: 7.176 Votes - Average Rating: 7.17
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

UNDERWORLD - Searing blood changes incoming Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As you may have or may have not seen yet Searing blood has become overpowered when combined with extremely high defence. Players soloing expeditions with it are not an uncommon sight so we decided we need to take some countermeasures:

The maximum defence for Searing blood = 140 + 3 * (level of the character - 50)

The cost of the arcanum is lowered to 14 BP

In the case of exceeding the maximum defence the chance to hit with Searing blood is reduced by 50%

This effect is global (not only on expeditions but also during sieges and ambushes)

UPDATE

The patch will be added this week.
Searing blood may undergo further changes depending on the effect of this patch.
If the patch prevent Black Knights from using their tatoo path with this arcanum we will consider making an exception to the defence requirements for BKs only.

02-25-2009 12:43 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: end

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this will upset alot of pepole i can imagine

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
02-25-2009 12:45 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
NateDogg
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i actually think this is a good idea to be honest its two powerful. Good decision.
02-25-2009 13:41
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
this will upset alot of pepole i can imagine

yeah probably but it is worth it as people getting farmed by lower lvl's just by searing blood and defense are rageing at it....

a good update in my opinion

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

02-25-2009 14:06 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Well I was considering whether soloing would be possible with searing blood and high defense, but i thought this would not happen anytime soon.....
So now my max defense while effectively using searing blood is reduced to 371, I think sphinx will be able to hurt me again Shocked
And i will need to be level 90 before i can use my current setup effectively again. While cultist assassins, gunmen, berserker and monks are made stronger

Can anyone show me a expo result of anyone soloing with high defense and searing blood, i assume that this must happen on polish servers?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 02-25-2009 15:00.

02-25-2009 14:53 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

solo a whity b4 with searing blood and high def..but not anything bigger.
its well possible to do it...like if you got a team of four or five..max out defence and use searing blood..you could take out a bigger mob.

edit:dont have a report..didint think solo a white drake would be worth keepingFrown

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 02-25-2009 14:59.

02-25-2009 14:58 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Well taking a team of 3 or 4 could hardly be called 'solo' Tongue

I guess i will have to get my sphinx fast, my plan is to max defense and use searing blood. My team will be doing most of the damage and hopefully all be killed by the sphinx when it starts using special ability, i would then finish it off using searing blood.

This time my team was to strong:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a13a8ecf44

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 02-25-2009 15:05.

02-25-2009 15:01 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Well taking a team of 3 or 4 could hardly be called 'solo' Tongue

i meant it was possible to kill a big mob by just using searing blood and max def lol

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 02-25-2009 15:03.

02-25-2009 15:02 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

yeah but dosnt that just take the fun out of collecting the right items just to take it down?

i just see it as pointless but very useful...

it takes the challenge out of the mobs if you do it like that

quote:

Smile

02-25-2009 15:04 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

For me collecting the right items meant collecting extreme defense items, it has been fun. Now i must calculate my defense(taking into account modifiers from disposables). Thinking about it i will currently only loose 19 points of damage absorption, so right now its no big deal(except i will probably need to build a new hat with lower defense Mad ). But this does greatly affect my future plans. A sad day for cultist collectors and demon lords i think

But what about top end melee cultists. They can use extreme agility to avoid being hit, is this going to be nerfed too?

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 02-25-2009 15:14.

02-25-2009 15:07 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

well when you built up your equipment it was around your act1 arcana.... i jusat think its a little unfair that cultists can hit guarenteed everyround for an insane amount of damage....

(seeing diablo hit for 420 odd per round)

uber agility is different due to the fact that in the end its your equipment that is taking it up mostly....

and you still have to get your agility higher than that of the mob AND get past the defence....

searing blood is overpowered....

300+ agility is pointless if you constantly get

XXX strikes critically with legendary perfect murderous dagger of suicide, XXXX takes 1 damage.

(not likely i know but do you see my point)

quote:

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 02-25-2009 15:17.

02-25-2009 15:17 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

Uff, I was so worried when Nndungu told me there is going to be a change in searing blood. Now that I see it doesn't affect me at all I'm kind-of relieved.
Nobody has enough BP to solo a mob with searing blood...

02-25-2009 15:25 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Nobody has enough BP to solo a mob with searing blood...

ah but yet again the devs are changing the rules on this server as well as the polish server (i'd assume) for things that take place on there....

it dosnt affect me at all but in my opinion searing blood is a little overpowered.....

quote:

Smile

02-25-2009 15:28 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Well diablo this does affect you, lower price on searing blood means that you can use it at a higher level Smile

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 02-25-2009 15:35.

02-25-2009 15:33 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

i have been owned by your shotgun many times and im not denying that you have done well to collect your items .... the thing is...

my setup i have to sacrifice somne agility to get my str higher....

what this does is basically makes you sacrifice some of your defence....

quote:
He will be able to use searing blood level 50 or 51 now.

and in response to that.... he may verywell be doing 500+ damage from searing blood per round now but he also does not have the option of hiding behind a tank

in full def gear can you actually hit higher than a phoenix without sacrificing some def?

i doubt it....

its all about balance.... this patch helps the balance

quote:

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 02-25-2009 15:42.

02-25-2009 15:38 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Well i sacrifice a lot of damage and perception to have high defense, and its only worth doing against certain players/monsters. I adapt my setup in accordance with what monster i am up against, its actually only the sphinx i choose to go against with max defense(sometimes arachne as well, but that i can hit while keeping defense 300+)

Balance...
Well i don't really think that its any problem on this server(i don't deny that it is on polish server) True i can equip so sphinx cannot kill me, but then i will only do 4600 damage in 10 turns. A certain gunman that i sometimes do expo with can do that damage in 2-3 turns. Is that balancedConfused im NOT saying that i think its unbalanced!!)

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 02-25-2009 15:58.

02-25-2009 15:47 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
i can equip so sphinx cannot kill me, but then i will only do 4600

when you cant be killed i think it is....

this gunman you speak of.... he takes the chance of dieing whilst doing so much damage.... he dies in first round he wont be doing any more damage will he....

its all about balance....

this to me looks like it will balance the game out a little more...

quote:

Smile

02-25-2009 15:51 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

well, balance is a matter of opinion Smile , and i don't think i've seen that particular gunman die before he did at least 5k damage against anything recently. This i think is well and fair considering that he almost always dies first(and the time and effort he spent on his equipment).....

Avoiding death is an option for melee players with high agility, and yes having extreme agility might cost you all your damage. This is no different for me, if go max defense my damage drops to insignificant proportions, like they would do for melee players. So i think that high agility/searing blood is also an option, though it might be a little more difficult to pull off.

But i guess i can't really argument against this combo being unbalanced in the long run, if people have begun soloing on polish servers(I still like to see expo results, i'm very curious).

I'm not really sure yet how much this will affect me, against most sphinxes i would still be taking only 1's and 2's in damage. But i will be doing higher damage myself due to the lowered price on searing blood.

And even if this change is supposed to make my gameplay harder i don't really mind it. I like adapting to, and overcoming new obstacles.

I'm also curious about how other players are affected by this, I think that the only other cultist that might be affected by this armor restriction is Tiger_claw maybe not.

In fact all cultists except me(and possibly Tiger_Claw) only reaps the benefits from this 'balancing' Wink

Latest expo result i was in, we failed Roll Eyes
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c64f5a4159

I chose to go with high defense, and low damage. If i wanted to be able to hurt both rom & rem i would sacrifice even more damage because i lack hawk's jewelry.

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 02-25-2009 16:41.

02-25-2009 16:18 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Latest expo result i was in, we failed Roll Eyes
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c64f5a4159
And this gunman you sometimes do expos with didn't do a lot Wink With my defence I die after 2nd or 3rd hit from an expo mob.

I would really like to see at least one expo from polish servers where searing blood soloed anything higher than black dragon.

I do feel sorry for you, all the effort to get your defence where it is at the moment and now you are denied the chance to do damage. On the other hand as i know you by now you will find something even better as you did before.

02-25-2009 19:47 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

Amazing but its don't change anything (probably only ngdungu can make more defence than limit) 50lvl 290def, 60lvl 320def, 70lvl 360def, 80lvl 380def. Now show me who else have more on his lvl. And still only absorber don't have any useful arcane for dmg

02-25-2009 23:14 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
ringham
Double Ace

Registration Date: 08-22-2008
Clan: LIG + SOT

I agree with Cesarz, this patch is going to do more good for searing blood than bad due to it hardly effecting any1 and because they are lowering the cost of it... (wtf!)

also absorbers are clearly still completely nerfed compared to arcana like this!

Necropolis Character - Enderol, Clan Leader of the Sovereigns Of Time

02-25-2009 23:22 ringham is offline Search for Posts by ringham Add ringham to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for ringham
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Being honest it does have it's merit. I mean massive defence and searing blood, you could in theory, with two or three invincible players, tank many things....

HOwever it does mean that gunners like Diablo will be able to slaughter Anubis even further when they get threere lol.

Being honest, after usin it with a critical set up I've changed my opinion of the absorber arcana... sure it could do with an ickle bit more, but overall it's pretty effective

Your imperfection.
02-26-2009 00:26 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ
Amazing but its don't change anything (probably only ngdungu can make more defence than limit) 50lvl 290def, 60lvl 320def, 70lvl 360def, 80lvl 380def. Now show me who else have more on his lvl. And still only absorber don't have any useful arcane for dmg

Yes i think that i am the only one affected by this armor restriction, but hey i can still have 371 that will be enough for most occasions. And i get to use searing blood on level 50-51 for expos.

It would be very interesting to see solo searing blood expo results(yes, yes i know I've said it before)

About absorbers arcana: i think arcana for increasing critial chance and luck(better chance to hit) is good for increasing damage. For Mortis(gunman in case you didn't know) this results in more critical hits than diablo does, in fact i do believe that in the long run absorber might be better for gunman.

Raxis:
well yes, 2 or 3 of me could tank many things, but doing 460-470 each per round wont get you far. And 2 or 3 Blodugare can do much more, 2k damage each round and 1900 hit points, true he can be killed a little easier than me, but he does 4 times the damage i do with searing blood.
And invincible:
Golem: does to much damage
Noble phoenix: special attacks unaffected by armor
Arachne: yes i can be invincible, but then i will only hit with searing blood
Medusa: yes i can be invincible, but then i will only hit with searing blood. But she has 50% of blocking searing blood
Remus and Romolus: I think i might be able to be invincible, not sure about jaws of death special. But against those two fast damage is the best way to go, their infernal screams ruins things to often.
Sphinx: Yes i can be invincible, and its special is just more attacks doing 1's and 2's, but i think i will still be invincible against it with defense 371(which is my new limit)

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 02-26-2009 06:22.

02-26-2009 05:57 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
About absorbers arcana: i think arcana for increasing critial chance and luck(better chance to hit) is good for increasing damage. For Mortis(gunman in case you didn't know) this results in more critical hits than diablo does, in fact i do believe that in the long run absorber might be better for gunman.
Finally someone realized. With the same setup Mortis will do much more damage than me. Criticals all the way...
EDIT: With the criticals he will definitely do more damage than my searing blood. But still less than a 2h beastmaster with another 1k damage attack Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 02-26-2009 07:44.

02-26-2009 07:43 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

i don't think they should of put this defence requment in
i think they should of made it dogeable instaed on stats
02-26-2009 14:35 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

i was calculate your dmg on 0 def its ava 2575 per rund + sharing 510, if absorber wear your eq and give 28pts power of blood it will be 3322. But any expedition mobs don't have 0 toughness. so now give ava mob toughness at 100 its will be 50less dmg per hit. for cultist 822 less dmg, for absorber 1053. so at the end cultist 2263 dmg per round, absorber 2269. Wow amazing power blood arcane give 6 more dmg per round.

and show me beastmaster who get 1kdmg from another attack

02-26-2009 15:30 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008
Clan: Source

Wayhey, this is excellent news for us low-defence Assassins Big Grin

Lowered cost = more facemelting for me Smile

02-26-2009 16:53 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
diablo

Anubis can be an example of 1k damage if he does a critical. Remember when you stole his extra attack and did 4k+ in one round? Wink

02-26-2009 17:57 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

first you must hit and make critical hit, and also its only on low defence. if he have about 50% for critical hit, mobe have 0 defence and dmg in throne hall 250 its will be only ava 563dmg per round.

02-26-2009 19:38 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ
first you must hit and make critical hit, and also its only on low defence. if he have about 50% for critical hit, mobe have 0 defence and dmg in throne hall 250 its will be only ava 563dmg per round.

exactly and not to mention even if we have all the strength and damage whats the point if it cannot hit ? where as searing of blood its hits EVERYTHING, EVERY TIME and COMPLETE IGNORE DEFENSE. if the searing of blood was only able to hit the ones u normally can hit then i never actually mind searing of blood as it is... but.. its not..

02-26-2009 21:42 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
mikem

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

Set Bonuses Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As an absorber, power of blood is useful but I have my trusty ursine set for sieges and expos.

As most of not all Act I arcana are available from set bonuses Have the set bonuses been uprated to offer Act II arcana.

I can see a set that offers searing blood being a nice addition as well as the the other arcana and the cursed one arcana.

Come on Devs, get some new prefix sets into the drops.

Xyr

02-26-2009 22:43 mikem is offline Homepage of mikem Search for Posts by mikem Add mikem to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:

why do we need new items... more items = harder to find the ones you want...

plus has anyone got a legendary ursine set.... you never know that may give you the beastmasters act2 arcana.... we as players have to find out Wink

quote:

Smile

02-26-2009 23:21 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
mikem

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

quote:
Originally posted by UG3

plus has anyone got a legendary ursine set.... you never know that may give you the beastmasters act2 arcana.... we as players have to find out Wink

That would work Smile

02-27-2009 21:39 mikem is offline Homepage of mikem Search for Posts by mikem Add mikem to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

quote:
Originally posted by UG3
quote:

u will need animal set rather then ursine.

02-27-2009 21:55 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

This is veering offtopic.

The Devs actually stated ACT II Arcana Will NOT be available in any sets.

Nothing was said about cursed one 'ACT I' style Arcana though, Percep and Deathbreath.... but Ihave a feeling they won't be jewellried

Your imperfection.
02-28-2009 03:33 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

update

03-05-2009 11:43 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

RE: UNDERWORLD - Searing blood changes incoming Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Question:

"The maximum armour for Searing blood = 140 + 3 * level"

Is the maximum armour calculated before or after adding effects from disposable items?

And i assume that armour in this case translates to defense, ie. total defense including item defense, tattooo defense and toughness. Correct?

03-05-2009 12:01 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

RE: UNDERWORLD - Searing blood changes incoming Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

The maximum armour for Searing blood = 140 + 3 * level

is that your level or level of the arcana ?

if its your level great if its arcana level i could be in trouble soon

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

03-05-2009 15:47 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
diablo

It's the level of arcana.

Nndungu, I would say it was meant to be defence. Disposables don't interfere with requirements, so they shouldn't affect this either.

03-05-2009 15:49 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

It's character level actually and yes, it was meant to be defence instead of armour.

Also, yes the final defence taking into account all the bonuses.

03-06-2009 00:36 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » UNDERWORLD - Searing blood changes incoming

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH