Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Game difficulty » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: On what level do you start playing a new game?
Medium 24 54.55%
Expert 8 18.18%
Easy 7 15.91%
Hard 5 11.36%
Total: 44 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Game difficulty
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Badger

Game difficulty Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Once again, a challenge to see who the majority is (like my inverted/non-inverted thread)

When you play a game, the type of game that YOU would usually play (if you usually play GH3, then choose that, if not, then pick your favourite game) what mode would you usually rather doing? Easiest mode (usually beginner AKA LOL NOOB) or Hardest (Expert/Legendary/Veteran/Insane, has many names, but usually screams PSYCHO!!!)

Remember, pick a game YOU would usually play. Poll if you don't mind, (just Easiest difficulty/Hardest difficulty)

And i can safely say that instantly, mine would be hardest, since easy is a breese, and normal... is still a breese, on something like GH3, i NEED to do easy/beginner, got terrible hand/eye co-oridination. (when it includes multiple colours flying ultra fast at me and expecting to move my hands at the same time)

P.S You gave me the idea min, and i shall show you that THE HARDNESS RULES!!! Wait a minute...

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 03-05-2009 21:47.

03-05-2009 21:28 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

RE: Game difficulty Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Strategy games - Insane is easy, even with a economy boost! If tactics are untillised in todays market of rts games as in pincers and land grabs, u can stomb a single comp. every time! You often need 2/3 enemies to make it what the name implies (insane)

FPS - Hard, campaigns are easy

Moral - Play against RL AI or actually people!!

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

03-05-2009 21:36 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Nemazis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lol, stragety games as in C&C type games? And that's usually true for most, some are actually hard, but once you figure out what to do, it becomes easy. All it takes is patience (AKA NOT throwing your remote at your TV then fornicating with it's destroyed screen... don't ask) and figuring out why your dying (usually people blame the game, when it's them being stupid enough to run right out in the open)

And your moral is so true, whydya think online is more fun? Because theres always noobs to pwn, and pros to pwn you. If your like me, you don't mind either situation, as long as they don't teabag me afterwards XD

I'm backety back back
03-05-2009 21:53 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not really, C&C is a really lacking rts, DoW/H2/SoaSE/TW/SC are all better with more style to them and strategy!! It may have half invented the genre, but it hasnt added anything in years

Id class myself as a good rts gamers, not quite a pro, but not far off!! =]

Tho im a pro nOOb in FPS, as in im a good nOOb.. can keep my aim and can kill the best player in the game.. he'll just kill me a lot more lol!!

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

03-05-2009 22:00 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

RE: Game difficulty Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nemazis
Once again, a challenge to see who the majority is (like my inverted/non-inverted thread)

When you play a game, the type of game that YOU would usually play (if you usually play GH3, then choose that, if not, then pick your favourite game) what mode would you usually rather doing? Easiest mode (usually beginner AKA LOL NOOB) or Hardest (Expert/Legendary/Veteran/Insane, has many names, but usually screams PSYCHO!!!)

Remember, pick a game YOU would usually play. Poll if you don't mind, (just Easiest difficulty/Hardest difficulty)

And i can safely say that instantly, mine would be hardest, since easy is a breese, and normal... is still a breese, on something like GH3, i NEED to do easy/beginner, got terrible hand/eye co-oridination. (when it includes multiple colours flying ultra fast at me and expecting to move my hands at the same time)

P.S You gave me the idea min, and i shall show you that THE HARDNESS RULES!!! Wait a minute...

did u mean HOW DO YOU START OFF WHENEVER YOU PLAY A NEW GAME???? do u start with easy then move to expert or do you move directly to expert. IF you have never played that game before. cause if it isnt then this isnt related to me.

to you question i will say i play in medium/hard difficulty but i rarely play campaign as i play multiplayer most of the time so cannot really say what difficulty.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by minshres: 03-05-2009 22:33.

03-05-2009 22:24 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Everyone is gunna say the hardest difficulty, noone wants to say easy and look like a n00b. I usually pick medium when i start a new game, just so i can get a feel for it
03-05-2009 22:26 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
did u mean HOW DO YOU START OFF WHENEVER YOU PLAY A NEW GAME???? do u start with easy then move to expert or do you move directly to expert. IF you have never played that game before.

I meant how do you start a game, and if someone makes it a poll *hint hint* it's anonymous so if they don't reply, no-one knows, and if they reply, they can just lie.

Anyway, only reason i go straight for hard, is because if i go normal/easy first, the game seems too easy, then i go to hard, then i start dying insanely (which is hilarious to me) but i have to adjust to the game being harder.

But i can safely say that the only game i'll do on easy (and only easy) is GH, i suck so bad that even on drums in GH:RC i kept losing the beat, IT WAS LIKE 1 DRUM BEAT EVERY SECOND >_<

@Lizardman:*Wiki's RTS* OH, would halo wars class as an RTS? If so, then i think i got a much clearer view on what your saying.

And lol @ pro noob, i can safely say i'm not uber, but i'm about borderline pro/amateur, i can beat you, but i know someone WILL give me a beatdown, unless i'm in a game with literally full on noobs eg COD4: Crossfire, 4 snipers on TDM, 3 of them in the SAME room side by side, the 4th in a building right next to it, yeah they can kill anyone who walks past the middle since if one misses, they have 3 more tries XD but snuck around them INTO their own base, and sniped about 8 times, before i died. I WAS IN THEIR BASE WITH SNIPERS SITTING SIDE BY SIDE FOR GODS SAKE! Their team still won, my team kept running down the middle...

If you don't know the map, here's a link http://www.combatrevolution.net/showthread.php?t=37 (light blue = building) They was all in the bottom right building, save one who was in the full right building, i went top right building and got em bad XD

P.S DemonDude, sorry for kinda getting you a warning on your first account (i can still remember that XD)

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 03-05-2009 22:36.

03-05-2009 22:32 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

well when i firsted started doing fps's i did easy, to get a feel for it, and i normally do medium now, to get a feel for the game, then move to multiplayer. i go on resistance 2 all the time though, [used to be cod5 but not so much now, and the differance in controls led to me blowing up half my team once, so dont go on it much]
03-05-2009 23:09 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

images/avatars/avatar-397.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: Vault 13

Added a poll-it depends on the game-if its something I have absolutely no experience of i'll practise on easy until I get used to the control etc, quit and then play properly on medium. Very few will I ever start on hard-games are meant to be fun not a nightmare.

03-05-2009 23:40 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by nemoralis
Added a poll-it depends on the game-if its something I have absolutely no experience of i'll practise on easy until I get used to the control etc, quit and then play properly on medium. Very few will I ever start on hard-games are meant to be fun not a nightmare.

Hmm... when you say just started, you mean as literally never played any older versions or anything really similar to it? Like... uhh... going from halo 3 (standard game) to GOW? (freshly bought, never played) (IMO they have completely different playing styles)

EDIT: Oh wait i just thought of a game where i did that, some flying game, went on to hard instantly (hard was the hardest on it) and was trying to get used to the flying sim, even after the training XD.

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 03-06-2009 00:04.

03-06-2009 00:03 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Hmm with FPS I'll always go for Hard, then Extreme.

RTS, start with medium to get used to the mechanics.

Depends on game really. Or like with Fallout, play medium to take out Behemoth, then switch to hard for final shot for max XP hehe, but set to medium generally.

Generally I dont play anything on easy because I like a challenge.

And I actually started GH on medium and couldnt finish the first song for a few hours, but after that flew Smile

03-06-2009 00:15 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

i picked easy....hehe

i start every game at lowest and work my waaaay up

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-06-2009 00:16 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

images/avatars/avatar-397.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: Vault 13

quote:
Hmm... when you say just started, you mean as literally never played any older versions or anything really similar to it? Like... uhh... going from halo 3 (standard game) to GOW? (freshly bought, never played) (IMO they have completely different playing styles)

yes I mean one that i've had no experience of that game before-old versions or whatever. Although I do like a challenge-i have to admit I like turning on an easy platform game and just enjoy running through the game.

03-06-2009 01:43 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

If I've never ever played the game before, I go on easy. Once I go a few levels, I swap to medium or hard. If I've played before, I go straight to medium, train to re-gain control over combos and what not (I play mainly fighting games) then just start bashing through things.

Haha, hardness does rule DJ. LOL. I can't believe no one commented on that... must be because I'm used to your perverted mind....

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

03-06-2009 02:18 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008
Clan: BoS

I play RTS style games on Expert, FPS on easy!

03-06-2009 09:43 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by nemoralis
Although I do like a challenge-i have to admit I like turning on an easy platform game and just enjoy running through the game.

Yeah, sometimes it can be satisfying... but i kinda feel dumb afterwards, even though i just breezed through the game >_< Only time i'll go through on easy mode is if 1. I'm trying to get something specific on the game (games in general) 2. Using cheats (after clocking it on expert) or 3. If i've turned into a schievement whore (only games i've done that on are COD4 and COD:WAW, and by the way, that's pretty much what anyone who plays a game specifically for achievements are called.)

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
If I've never ever played the game before, I go on easy. Once I go a few levels, I swap to medium or hard. If I've played before, I go straight to medium, train to re-gain control over combos and what not (I play mainly fighting games) then just start bashing through things.

Haha, hardness does rule DJ. LOL. I can't believe no one commented on that... must be because I'm used to your perverted mind....

Fighting games are too hard... they're one of the only games i'll play on normal, but i'd still get my ass handed to me on a silver (bleeding) platter.

And lol, i think your the only one who noticed, you have a tendency to notice my jokes XD

quote:
Originally posted by dtr
I play RTS style games on Expert, FPS on easy!

I thought that woulda been the other way around...

On an unrelated note... YES I CAN FINALLY PULL OFF AN OLLIE!

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 03-06-2009 16:23.

03-06-2009 16:23 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Lasher

Registration Date: 01-04-2009

I usually play a game at normal dificulty, but if i lose alot or it's too hard i put it on easy, finish the game on that difficulty and then switch back on medium and start all over again, it helps alot, tough there are a few games witch have only one dificulty playable till you finish the game and only then other dificulty lvl-s are unlocked...

03-08-2009 12:27 Lasher is offline Homepage of Lasher Search for Posts by Lasher Add Lasher to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Lasher: N/A YIM Account Name of Lasher: N/A View the MSN Profile for Lasher
Hephaestus

images/avatars/avatar-415.gif

Registration Date: 10-23-2008

whack it on expert, runaround for 5 mins like a retard until i get the basic controls

Gears 1 & 2
all the COD series
Halo 1,2 & 3
age of empires 3 Cool

03-08-2009 13:22 Hephaestus is offline Search for Posts by Hephaestus Add Hephaestus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Hephaestus
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

fighting games - medium
stretergy games - medium
gun games - medium quickly to hard
sports games - expert
music games e.g gh - medium

my modes usually start like that but can quickly change depending on the game, if it is too easy i swap for challenege, if it is too hard i move it donw a bit to get use to it otherwise it gets boring when you keep dieing.
03-08-2009 14:08 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Game difficulty

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH