Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Griefing » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Griefing
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hyperborean
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

off-topic Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A. For us, this is just a game. Even though some are addicted. Wink However, for our characters, this is a real fight for dominance. If somebody comes to take your character's square, he (or she) should be ready to kick and bite (as well as cheat) to save it from changing its owner.

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal
Have you also thought about the fact that they may not have been as lucky as you with quest drops

Nope.

My best drop:
Helmet of Adrenaline (+1)
Signet of Misdemeanour (+0) / Strength (+0) / Strength (+0)
Ring of Bat (+1)
Tiger's Circlet (+0 or +1 - can't remember)
Lazy Hard Hat of Turtle Shell (as above)
Shining Dagger of Power (+0)
sth of Precognition (+0 or +1) -> my best sell -> the only one which brought me a lifestone
Velvet Shorts of Arms Dealer (+0) -> yesterday
Stones: 0 SS / 0 MS / 1 LS / plenty of the rest

So no. Looking at your clan armoury, I really consider my-self unlucky.

quote:
or not had your experience in planning out their stat training?

That's very probable. Still, it's easy to handle. Would be enough to have an experienced player in your clan, who would tell every vamp which stats to develop. Don't know about you, but RoD have a forum thread designed to target developement.

quote:
As for democracy, you already said yourself, the more freedom of action for players the better ..... so which one is it? freedom of play or control of the players actions within the clan down to the brand of underwear they have on?

Well, the line is thin, and I don't claim to be above all the time. Remember that players have free will, and can choose their own clan basing on where they feel best. If they want democracy (or vampirocracy, as Ellie would it), they can go and enter a clan which is organised this way. I do opt for regime, as it's more effective, but craving freedom of choice does not make one a worse vamp. It was just an advice. You can always make them believe it was their choice.

B. Disposables:
I left my mobile phone in Dunmurry - really hate them - but it's a good way to make sure your item is there when the time comes.

C. No blood:
It's not that difficult. I have 600 litres at the moment. When the siege comes, I should have more than 2000. I am ready to waste my attack, gain 4 PoP only, but also receive 1000 litres of blood. I receive attacks with open hands. And full armour. Wink

D. Arcana:
Nobody sane would expect Thoughtcatchers to use arcana during sieges. But all the others should. And all you need is one attack and three quests (if you don't want to follow the procedure described above). You can seemply attack a slightly weaker enemy, fill your body with life points, and quest for blood. Pretty simple.

E: No blood 2:
I know this only works up to a certain lvl. Azz has just informed me that he can only attack vamps from ToP 105. That means, there is no option like that available to him - nobody should donate him with 1000 litres. However, I suggest this to the weaker members of your clan. The top gunz are doing fine.

F: Closing Time
It has not taken you that long. You should really expect from your subordinates the same level of dedication and understanding. If you could learn your way around, they can as well. If they don't, it means they don't care. And should go. Of course, there is one more problem which cannot be solved: who to substitute them with. But this is a problem all the clans have.
06-20-2007 20:04 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

RE: off-topic Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperborean
A. For us, this is just a game. Even though some are addicted. Wink However, for our characters, this is a real fight for dominance. If somebody comes to take your character's square, he (or she) should be ready to kick and bite (as well as cheat) to save it from changing its owner.

But the way you put it (players willing to miss school/college/work for the game) then that is not simply a game anymore, and it could be argued that it is going to affect the players in question's outside lives. That is something that I am not prepared to do .... I have a family and a home that I would drop the game for in an instant, and anyone who is prepared to put that sort of thing at risk needs to take a good look at their priorities.

As for kicking and biting, yes ... cheating is over the line, and if you can't see that then theres another priority that needs looking at

quote:
quote:
or not had your experience in planning out their stat training?

That's very probable. Still, it's easy to handle. Would be enough to have an experienced player in your clan, who would tell every vamp which stats to develop. Don't know about you, but RoD have a forum thread designed to target developement.

I don't claim to have got my stats right (I know you haven't said this, but I'd just make this clear from the outset of this comment) but I do know that I would have done it this way regardless of any other player advising me to do different, because my style of play is almost 100% certain to differ from theirs in some way, shape or form.

quote:
quote:
As for democracy, you already said yourself, the more freedom of action for players the better ..... so which one is it? freedom of play or control of the players actions within the clan down to the brand of underwear they have on?

Well, the line is thin, and I don't claim to be above all the time. Remember that players have free will, and can choose their own clan basing on where they feel best. If they want democracy (or vampirocracy, as Ellie would it), they can go and enter a clan which is organised this way. I do opt for regime, as it's more effective, but craving freedom of choice does not make one a worse vamp. It was just an advice. You can always make them believe it was their choice.

Good answer, but again it all comes down to personal play style, I prefer to let players have free reign (as long as they pull their weight), and then they're more likely to learn from their mistakes ..... of course there are occasions where pointers must be provided

quote:
B. Disposables:
I left my mobile phone in Dunmurry - really hate them - but it's a good way to make sure your item is there when the time comes.

I love my mobile, I enjoy the game and have every desire to see it work, but when I hit the sack, for instance, I'm not getting up just to make sure a game item is in place at the right time. it all goes back to priorities.

quote:
C. No blood:
It's not that difficult. I have 600 litres at the moment. When the siege comes, I should have more than 2000. I am ready to waste my attack, gain 4 PoP only, but also receive 1000 litres of blood. I receive attacks with open hands. And full armour. Wink

Up until my square upgrades I regularly had a stock in excess of 4000-5000 blood, but I do remember a time not so long ago when I couldn't even keep my hit points filled without attacking. So you must understand that although we have the experience to be able to time this sort of procedure, it may take other players a while to master. (I say we .... you first with me a distant second here)

quote:
D. Arcana:
Nobody sane would expect Thoughtcatchers to use arcana during sieges. But all the others should. And all you need is one attack and three quests (if you don't want to follow the procedure described above). You can seemply attack a slightly weaker enemy, fill your body with life points, and quest for blood. Pretty simple.

Then call me an insane thoughtcatcher, I was using arcana in sieges without thinking for ages before I realised it was doing nothing

quote:
E: No blood 2:
I know this only works up to a certain lvl. Azz has just informed me that he can only attack vamps from ToP 105. That means, there is no option like that available to him - nobody should donate him with 1000 litres. However, I suggest this to the weaker members of your clan. The top gunz are doing fine.

I'm personally lucky if any of my hits yieald any blood at all, and I'm a little lower down than Azz

quote:
F: Closing Time
It has not taken you that long. You should really expect from your subordinates the same level of dedication and understanding. If you could learn your way around, they can as well. If they don't, it means they don't care. And should go. Of course, there is one more problem which cannot be solved: who to substitute them with. But this is a problem all the clans have.

At the moment I have the time to do so ..... a couple of medical problems mean I can't work at the moment, but when I get back up to condition and regain my employment, then my time on here will drop drastically ....... It doesn't mean I don't care, it simply means I have prioritised the game as lower than real life.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 06-20-2007 21:18.

06-20-2007 21:16 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Hyperborean
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You definitely made one thing clear. The Polish and the British play (and life) styles are most different. I get the point more than well now.
06-21-2007 11:46 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
You definitely made one thing clear. The Polish and the British play (and life) styles are most different. I get the point more than well now.

It was the only point I was trying to get across as clearly as I could, as this is the whole reason that I made these change requests. As players filter in from other countries and continents, these rules will need to be looked over again and adapted further to incorporate their differences. That is the tricky thing about international games ..... to be fair to everyone, they need to treat each group of players as one vote ..... regardless of the number of players in each group.

06-21-2007 13:22 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Griefing

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH