Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Narrations/Descriptions » New player message » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New player message
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: .DB.

New player message Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome My Lord,

I`m your new Secretary and I`m going to help you with taking over the new abode.
Firstly, you should direct your pace into Building Site. The most important building for now are:
Brothel - provides money,
Bodyguard Agency - increases your chances during attack and
Slaughterhouse - provides fresh blood.

As soon as you begin the first construction I humbly recommend to undertake some quests in the vicinity of the City (Begin a quest), if the Fortune favours you, you`ll find many useful items.
Majority of items requiring 20th or higher level are needless for now and thus shouldn`t be kept in Armoury. It is better to sell them and buy items that you need presently. You can buy anything you need in the Shop.

If you`ve successfully completed some quests and bought some items it`s worth to see whether you are able to rise your battle skills, you can do it by clicking on the bookmark Training.
It`s beneficial to rise equally your Strength and Agility due to the fact that melee weapons will be more common at the beginning.

If you feel prepared click on the City overview and search for a target to attack. You can seek inhabited squares by clicking on the arrows. At the beginning you should search for those equal to you in power (those with 1 point).
Green balls in the city overview show characters who may be attacked, click on one of them.
If you have blood you may increase your chances of success by using Arcana.

And now go and crash your rivals for the glory of the Lord of Darkness.

you should put the training part BEFORE questing
if you want to actually have a good chance at passing any
in fact i would choose training as the 1st thing i did when starting a new game

03-10-2009 13:51 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, when you create a char the first screen you enter is the training room. The message assumes that you've gone through that already.

03-11-2009 17:19 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
And now go and crash your rivals for the glory of the Lord of Darkness.

shoudnt that part be crush?
03-11-2009 22:54 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Aye, thank you, corrected

03-11-2009 23:50 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Sjblah, shouldn't it take you to the message first instead? Because there's kinda no point going training room first when you see all them stats first time round, and your first thought is "what the hell does this mean?"

IMO, take you to the message, they read it (assuming they wanna actually play this) THEN says go training, train stats, then the quest etc

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
03-12-2009 16:44 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

There is a little circle with a little question mark next to every stat in the training room, check them and you'll be surprised Wink

03-12-2009 21:01 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Har har -.- that's true, but there's still the fact that new players will see what they add, and be thinking "what do i add?" that's why it should uhh... go message first and say the training stuff and blah.

EDIT: Oh crap, didn't notice the suggested initial values in training. Don't mind me...

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 03-13-2009 15:27.

03-13-2009 15:26 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Narrations/Descriptions » New player message

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH