Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Protest >_< » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Protest >_< 3 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Beatrice
unregistered
Protest >_< Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm protesting for a cheaper ritual on the upgrades... because this is getting really silly now.... people are failing and failing on the upgrades... and stuffing things right up and ending up with no stones....

i recon that it should be cheaper in some way or at least the the upgrading stats in our favor or something.... or even a bit easier to find the stones to do it :\

SOMEONE'S GOTTA DO SOMETHING .... :\ Frown

if you agreee please post Big Grin i wanna know who else is sick of it too :\

love B x
03-14-2009 13:57
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

images/avatars/avatar-397.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: Vault 13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ritual is there so you have 100% chance of an upgrade. I know it is expensive but if it wasn't more people would have fantastic items and then where would the challenge be? You take a chance and you fail-well that's bad luck. You save up your stones, or strategically merge and sell items to get the stones you need-that's hard work and perservance to get what you want.

03-14-2009 14:00 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know Im sick of it ... I mean its not as bad as some other peoples but I spent 2 LS 3 HS yesterday trying to upgrade a ring that is now at BASIC ¬.¬ I also have 2 BS now :\ useful...

FIX ITTT!!! .. its broken :\
03-14-2009 14:01 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

yeah but nemo its pants because it COSTS WAYYYY TOOO MUCHHHH

i don't ever have enough stones to use it :\ i've used it once and chanced the rest i've ruined some of the best kit i had coz it kept failing :\
03-14-2009 14:04
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

quote:
Originally posted by Beatrice
yeah but nemo its pants because it COSTS WAYYYY TOOO MUCHHHH

i don't ever have enough stones to use it :\ i've used it once and chanced the rest i've ruined some of the best kit i had coz it kept failing :\

You should never take a chance on items you use regularly as part of your ambush set up, or defence setup. Its fine to chance it on secondary items, but you are taking too much of chance of losing agility/perc or whatever. I know it is expensive but if it was cheaper more people would have items at good +5, which outrageous stats.

03-14-2009 14:08 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

nemo you have just proved my point there if i can't chance it i can't upgrade.... i have anout 4 items as my proper kit that i can upgrade to at least good + 5 and they are all at good..... i can't upgrade without chancing it coz i never get any stones :\ at least half the ritual cost coz its just pants :\
03-14-2009 14:13
flames

Registration Date: 06-06-2008

RE: Protest >_< Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think they should have it to it starts of cheap and the higher the wepon the more expensive it gets not it stays expensive no mater wat.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by flames: 03-14-2009 14:13.

03-14-2009 14:13 flames is offline Search for Posts by flames Add flames to your Buddy List
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

quote:
nemo you have just proved my point there if i can't chance it i can't upgrade.... i have anout 4 items as my proper kit that i can upgrade to at least good + 5 and they are all at good..... i can't upgrade without chancing it coz i never get any stones :\ at least half the ritual cost coz its just pants :\

I didn't prove anything Bea-I said you shouldn't take a chance on certain items. There is an element of luck in taking the chance on upgrading without ritual and we all know people who are quite sucessful at it. But that does not mean everyone will be. I refuse to upgrade without ritual because I know i'm just not that lucky. And if that mean I have to wait until I have enough stones so be it. But i'd rather stick with a wep at good+1, than back at +4/+5

03-14-2009 14:16 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

RE: Protest >_< Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by flames
I think they should have it to it starts of cheap and the higher the wepon the more expensive it gets not it stays expensive no mater wat.

It gets more expensive at higher levels.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
03-14-2009 14:22 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

Registration Date: 10-03-2007
Clan: UTA aka BC

quote:

SOMEONE'S GOTTA DO SOMETHING .... :\ Frown

same like with peace on the world

easier is say someone, something, somewhere, etc.

imo, if u think is too expensive say ur proposition

bloodwars isnt a board game, this is assumed to be hard game.

03-14-2009 14:30 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
Tempest

images/avatars/avatar-358.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: LGN

Get stones yeah you know my opinion on auctions
Save stones cant level as your equipment isn't good enough
Upgrade cant upgrade to GOOD items continually fail & I do mean continually

RNG favours some more than others I honestly believe that Mad

In Game Name TEMPEST
03-14-2009 14:34 Tempest is offline Search for Posts by Tempest Add Tempest to your Buddy List
Impetus
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 11-04-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Source

I agree it's expensive, but I strongly disagree with making it cheaper..

as sqeshu said.. it's a hard game... this is not Doom on hard mode where if it gets too hard you just type IDQFA / IDDQD to get all weapons, max ammo and god like ability..

you gotta keep trying to get the stuff you want, even if you loose a mouse / keyboard in the process due to frustration... Tongue

Riiiight..... Roll Eyes I know what I'm doing...

Underworld: Impetus
Necro: Cigam
03-14-2009 14:55 Impetus is offline Search for Posts by Impetus Add Impetus to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

yeah well this frustration is making people quit... i mean i've been lucky to get weapons to replace the ones i've messed up on with the out the ritual ....

i'm not saying it shouldn't be hard... and i'm not saying that it isn't frustrating or whatever.... but its just stupid. i've worked so hard to get what i have now and people that know me, know i've not got the best knowledge of this game but i'm trying my hardest to get everything up and stuff like that but the ritual takes the mick when i don't have enough stones, not even to chance it sometimes to upgrade them..... and it costs Bloodstone: 12, Heartstone: 4, Lifestone: 4 and when your stone count is as bad as mine with no life stones and they are really hard to get hold of and no heart stones it take the mick... yeah fair enough if you wait to get 12 points you eventually have enough blood stones to get use the ritual on the odd occasion finding a heart stone and you need 4 of them.... and life stones every what 10 points of something.... your still having to wait to go up 40 points to get enough life stones to do this.... and yet when you've done it you can only upgrade 1 item and then your waiting for a bit of luck to actually find more to get this again to do it again.... and i can upgrade so many items up past good and nearly to perfect...... this is what i'm angry about its not just the fact that i'm being "lazy" or "impatient" or whatever else you have to say about this.... it takes the mick so much specially when you can't grow as fast as me and yet never having any stones.....

i'm annoyed that its got one of my friends to quit. its ridiculous i don't want it to be easy.... it gives me something to work for but when i've got so many items to upgrade and cant/don't wanna chance it its stupid. i've just asked to put th cost down... even just a little bit i mean if you half that to 6 bs 2hs 2ls it would be a hell of a lot better to use for upgrading..... i never have any stones and loads of people never have any stones. and after all the uproar about people on the auction being band from bidding too much which was there own stupid fault on the auction people are staying away from it because i know i did.... and everyone is getting pants for good items selling on auction :\ so your not even getting a good amount of stones for that

maybe i am just getting frustrated about it. and maybe its just me but i think a little decrease in stones for the ritual wouldn't go a miss :\
03-14-2009 15:31
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

As other players have stated, it isnt meant to be easy to play BW, it never was.

If you don't like Well of Souls, go play R2.

03-14-2009 19:33 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Hayz_M
Double Ace

no ones complaining that its not easy enough .. we're just saying that when you find stones you dont EVER have enough to use the ritual of life for your items... the most stones Ive ever had was when I got to a number of points & gained 1 ss 1 ms 1 ls & the others I cant remember as it was so long ago

it takes the mick that you cant even upgrade your weapons without using EVERY SINGLE STONE you have...

I tried upgrading an item the other day & its taken ALL my stones & guess what the items still at basic & I STILL have no stones...

You never find any on quests.. never get anything decent off auctions & as Bea said the only time you get stones of a decent amount is when you go up a number of points....

Some of you lot give it OH RNG RNG RNG, the RNG is BROKEN there is no way that someone can find as many stones as is needed to upgrade some item from Auctions / level ups/ quests alone...

I have another rant about the RNG as well but its not for this thread :\

well yeah .. the price for this is stupid its high enough as is & its impossible to get that many stones when your at points like me & Bea..

So go ahead mods give it RNG again. Like you normally do. To avoid answering the question properly.
03-15-2009 11:00 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Hephaestus

images/avatars/avatar-415.gif

Registration Date: 10-23-2008
Race in game: Cultist

but they are right, it isnt meant to be easy to upgrade your stuff, btw RNG is not broken, 4 easy quests, 4 pre/suf loot + MS

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=3bddfdb4ef

really looks broken to me >_>

03-15-2009 13:47 Hephaestus is offline Search for Posts by Hephaestus Add Hephaestus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Hephaestus
Hayz_M
Double Ace

yeah well the people that its working for in their favour arent gonna complain are they
03-15-2009 15:31 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Hephaestus

images/avatars/avatar-415.gif

Registration Date: 10-23-2008

well yes they will RNG is a bitch, i usually lose out, but today ive been upgrading caps of precog to good without any issues things are going well, but its random so you cant ssay it's broken, for it to be broken you would need a standard or an average, which you cant have, the only way it could actually be "broken" would be if the cripting itself was vandalised.

03-15-2009 15:35 Hephaestus is offline Search for Posts by Hephaestus Add Hephaestus to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Hephaestus
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

They have a point, just to prove the RNG isn't broken, i managed to get my cap from g to g+3 without a failure (well i forced a fail on my cap of adrealine) and also, i upgraded about 15 times in that day with only 1 fail inbetween it all.

Now, everyday i'll fail at least one upgrade, one day i failed about 4 on the same item. Just wait until it buggers the rest of us over, and watch your item go from basic to perfect w/o ritual, i'm REAL sure you won't be moaning then.

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
03-15-2009 17:24 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Hayz_M
no ones complaining that its not easy enough .. we're just saying that when you find stones you dont EVER have enough to use the ritual of life for your items... the most stones Ive ever had was when I got to a number of points & gained 1 ss 1 ms 1 ls & the others I cant remember as it was so long ago

it takes the mick that you cant even upgrade your weapons without using EVERY SINGLE STONE you have...

I tried upgrading an item the other day & its taken ALL my stones & guess what the items still at basic & I STILL have no stones...

You never find any on quests.. never get anything decent off auctions & as Bea said the only time you get stones of a decent amount is when you go up a number of points....

Some of you lot give it OH RNG RNG RNG, the RNG is BROKEN there is no way that someone can find as many stones as is needed to upgrade some item from Auctions / level ups/ quests alone...

I have another rant about the RNG as well but its not for this thread :\

well yeah .. the price for this is stupid its high enough as is & its impossible to get that many stones when your at points like me & Bea..

So go ahead mods give it RNG again. Like you normally do. To avoid answering the question properly.

Awnser what question? most people seem to be able to get stones. When i was on your points i had a fair amount of stones, i got them by merging buying and selling, hardly rocket science Tongue i seem to find the stones to upgrade from "Auctions / level ups/ quests" as do alot of people on bloodwars. and the point of the rng is that it is RANDOM
03-15-2009 17:54 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Nemazis
They have a point, just to prove the RNG isn't broken, i managed to get my cap from g to g+3 without a failure (well i forced a fail on my cap of adrealine) and also, i upgraded about 15 times in that day with only 1 fail inbetween it all.

Now, everyday i'll fail at least one upgrade, one day i failed about 4 on the same item. Just wait until it buggers the rest of us over, and watch your item go from basic to perfect w/o ritual, i'm REAL sure you won't be moaning then.

yeah & how likely is that exactly??? in my books not any time bloody soon is it?

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan

Awnser what question? most people seem to be able to get stones. When i was on your points i had a fair amount of stones, i got them by merging buying and selling, hardly rocket science i seem to find the stones to upgrade from "Auctions / level ups/ quests" as do alot of people on bloodwars. and the point of the rng is that it is RANDOM

Yeah MOST people but it seems as soon as anyone rants off about the game their luck seems to just evaporate completely... I know a few that will vouch for that one..

Again with the stones... yeah others will find stones to upgrade their items every single day with quests or in caravans find like 3 - 5 stones ...

someones first quest the other day they found a heartstone & some item with a pre/suf ... of course they aint gonna jump in & give it "oh RNG is pants" are they?? NO because its in their favour ... (not having a dig at all the mods) but its funny how most of the decent finds/ expo badges etc seem to always end up in the hands of Szej's mods :/

either way I think the way RNG works is completely retarded. most of that rant was completely offtopic .. so to prevent myself a warning...

I think someone should at least lower the amount its costing to use the ritual of life to upgrade a poxy weapon/ item to good
03-15-2009 18:53 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

lmfao, what are u on about haha

my last good find was titanium of blood, wayyyyyyy before i became a mod, and as for badges im still on hydra, i have bad luck with badges.

And if the cost is lowered then people has less to work towards, i dont see the point tbh, while it would be handy i wouldnt want it lowered, then people would get bored quicker and have less to do
03-15-2009 19:00 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

yeah so laugh at me ¬.¬ fat lot of good you are as a mod

Im not saying make it cheaper by loads but at least by a few stones ¬.¬
03-15-2009 19:05 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

i laughed because u were insinuating that we get some sort of help from admin, lol
03-15-2009 19:06 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

hmm titan is using his special mod arcana in the game to get expo wins and decent finds lol. tut tut tut

my finds latly have been the usual shirt/cap/shorts i barly find anything useful here
so i think the rng is crap

but then again on necro in the last few days ive found twisted ammy/titanium ammy an sycte of blood....so its balancing out for me lol

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-15-2009 19:35 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Discordian32

Registration Date: 03-08-2008

It might cost alot to upgrade, but I don't see its too much, I have upgraded a twisted set to +2 using rituals and I am currently saving up to get all 3 items to +3 via it. On the flipside, before I had the set I used to just risk my luck and I got shorts of shepard from normal to good+3 one upgrade after the other... It was a huge risk but well worth it.

I would not want ritual to be cheaper, then everyone has maxed out items. At lower levels you have less stones unless you get luck and get a good drop, but its not like we don't get a full get of stones every 50 points!

There is a huge part of this game thats just luck. You get a good drop or 2, you are sorted, you get the upgrades at 60% 3 times in a row... lucky... There needs to be a element of luck to the game else people would get bored.

Thats just M.H.O.
03-15-2009 19:39 Discordian32 is offline Search for Posts by Discordian32 Add Discordian32 to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

quote:
Originally posted by Hayz_M

someones first quest the other day they found a heartstone & some item with a pre/suf ... of course they aint gonna jump in & give it "oh RNG is pants" are they?? NO because its in their favour ... (not having a dig at all the mods) but its funny how most of the decent finds/ expo badges etc seem to always end up in the hands of Szej's mods :/

well noones ever sat down and said to me, guess what bob, the RNG now loves you. from when iv started playing the rng hs always been good with upgrades, but bad with quests.

and its not brocken, its random this is my rng [on excel] and it works fine.

as you said, the people who the rng 'favours' dont complain, and you dont complain when its nice to you. if you gathered all the times its worked, and all the times its failed you will probably find that its not brocken at all.

the ritual doesnt need to be made cheaper, as thats the average amount of stones it takes to upgrade an item [i think]
03-15-2009 19:57 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

RANDOM Number Generator.

Random: lacking any definite plan or order or purpose; governed by or depending on chance.

@Hayz: As bobalob says, you don't complain when you get a lucky upgrade or find something nice?

I'm not even going to entertain your suggestion that mods somehow get preferential treatment IG, I thought you had more intelligence to be honest.

03-15-2009 21:21 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Beatrice
unregistered

oh arty go bum yourself somewhere else :|
03-15-2009 21:44
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Beatrice - Warning for offensive language
03-15-2009 21:58 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

haha didn't arty wanna do it himself? hahahahaha thats just made me laugh and yet i never even used bad language >_<
03-15-2009 22:02
AudatiousTitan
Lord

It was clearly an offensive message, doesnt need to contain bad words
03-15-2009 22:03 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
haha didn't arty wanna do it himself? hahahahaha thats just made me laugh and yet i never even used bad language >_<

Bea keep your posts ontopic. If you wish to challenge a warning, that is for PM. Alternatively contact Scillage.

No warning for spam as you're on your last.

03-15-2009 22:03 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Hayz_M
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
RANDOM Number Generator.

Random: lacking any definite plan or order or purpose; governed by or depending on chance.

@Hayz: As bobalob says, you don't complain when you get a lucky upgrade or find something nice?

I'm not even going to entertain your suggestion that mods somehow get preferential treatment IG, I thought you had more intelligence to be honest.

I rarely find something nice, in fact I think Ive found one nice item the entire time Ive been playing...

I do have intelligence it just seemed a bit funny that some players seem to be getting on alot better than the rest of the game.

As for warning Bea for offensive language or whatever.. I think thats silly she didnt swear at him & tbh I think its out of order that you lot can make me look a complete idiot on the boards. but yeah thanks for that .. I'll keep that in mind.
03-15-2009 22:37 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Tempest

images/avatars/avatar-358.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: LGN

Ok well seeing how RNG has been brought up ....
I will mention this
13 white 3 black 1 hydra ...
said to Beatrice i'll go white tower because every other time I try for anything, anything at all I get the RANDOM big beasty , so I'll play safe do a white , now watch me get the one hydra , I LAY money on it I get the HYDRA ...
check this ...

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a3d2ec8586

Now ask me again why i'm quitting Pleased

Bea you owe me ...

Ritual of blood hmmm I've no stones so makes no odds to me Wink

In Game Name TEMPEST

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Tempest: 03-15-2009 22:39.

03-15-2009 22:37 Tempest is offline Search for Posts by Tempest Add Tempest to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

It was clearly meant to be offensive. And noone has made you look stupid
03-15-2009 22:38 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

yeah if you say so ..

Stallis' post with that link kinda proved my point about expos did it not?
03-15-2009 22:39 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Everyone gets that, if they didnt it wouldn't be a random number generator

Keep on topic please Tongue
03-15-2009 22:41 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Any further posts that are NOT RELATED TO THE TOPIC will recieve a warning.

03-15-2009 22:41 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Hayz_M
Double Ace

yeah but every expo we go on lately we end up with the biggest monster possible & you wonder why I start saying the RNG is broken / players are getting help etc..

Its technically on topic as its about the RNG & the RNG affects upgrades so ... :\

meh either way Im gonna get a warning at some point during this thread so ..

but yeah the RNG IS broken... I think so anyways

Ritual of Blood is too expensive imho... especially when no one ever has the stones to use it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 03-15-2009 22:47.

03-15-2009 22:44 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Protest >_<

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH