Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Simple Equipment Switch » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Simple Equipment Switch
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Haste

Registration Date: 04-27-2007

Simple Equipment Switch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I have had a look for it but can't see any duplication.

As a game request, would it be possible in some future version of the game to have keeping a snapshot of your equiped items to easily reload them on demand?

ie. I use a different set of items when I attack someone to when I am doing a quest, when I am sieging, being sieged, working on buildings etc etc.

I ask because at the moment every time I change what I am doing I currently unequip and then re-equip items in a complex sequence that can take some time and be very frustrating. I have one item that gives +9 Appearance, but needs Appearance 32 to be equipped so when i want to use it I have to put on items to get over 32, then i equip this item giving a further +9 which means I can now unequip items I didn't really want and replace them while keeping this item attached!! If I do anything out of sequence it all breaks and I have to start again, but if I were able to have, ie 5 "slots" which represented pre-selected combinations of items I could make 1 my attacking set and 1 my quest set and switch between them quickly.

Just a thought.
Thanks,
Haste
06-20-2007 23:11 Haste is offline Search for Posts by Haste Add Haste to your Buddy List
C47
Super Operator

images/avatars/avatar-1119.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there is no chance to implement something like that in game

Do not disturb unless the problem is serious
-----
Sorry, not v.good in english.
06-20-2007 23:50 C47 is offline Homepage of C47 Search for Posts by C47 Add C47 to your Buddy List
Death12
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-11-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have to do things like that to, so do many other people, its part of the game. IF you dont want to have to do that upgrade your appearance more.
06-21-2007 10:48 Death12 is offline Search for Posts by Death12 Add Death12 to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

We are trying to develop a system to bypas this problem but it is not that simple.

Thank You.
06-21-2007 13:47 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

if you're looking for a way around this, wouldn't it be possible to change the order of adding?

i.e. instead of checking stats then adding item, change the order so that it takes into account the new stats with the item included?

That way the +9 appearance of the item would offset the requirements, or alternatively add a routine to the requirements to offset them by the bonus (i.e. in an item that has +9 appearance and a equip requirement of 32 appearance, the requirement would drop to 23 app to offset against the bonus)

06-21-2007 18:00 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

There are few problems:

1. Item that does not meet requirements must not be possible to put on.
2. Some items have negative modificators.
3. There is a special que that decides which item to put on first and mostly this is the problem.

4. Serwer capabilities. The more complex script the more lagg. As all game details are kept on a server. Thus the programming must be made realy well to ofset this.

Thank You.
06-22-2007 12:39 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

I apologise in advance if this is considered necroposting, but as my other thread was closed, i wish to continue the discussion about the subject. After all that is what a forum is designed for, discussion.

This last thread seems to have been abandoned after Sushi's reply, but I would like to take off where it was left previously.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SushiMaker
4. Serwer capabilities. The more complex script the more lagg. As all game details are kept on a server. Thus the programming must be made realy well to ofset this.

As programers/developers, shouldn't the people behind BW be good at "programming really well"?

I think what Sushi meant about the lag suggests that everyone would be swapping and changing between sets constantly. A simple way to overcome this;

Have a half hour limit on swaps.

That gives players over half an hour to quest (which can take alot longer with 24), half an hour to prepare for their expos and sieges.

With regards to items, if you do need to unequip, equip items to get your set there could be a sort of "order" in which they are equipped and unequipped set when saving the set. This, I agree would cause a huge amount of lag.

The most plausible option is to have it that you can save your full set, but only those items that can be worn without the aid of additional items equip.

Yes, there are alot of holes and problems with the idea, but they could be ironed out by a team of proffesional developers over msn in a matter of hours, am I wrong?

As I said I would like to open the discussion once more and would appreciate all comments and suggestions, positive or negative Smile

07-08-2008 00:48 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SushiMaker

As programers/developers, shouldn't the people behind BW be good at "programming really well"?

Being good at programming doesn't mean that they can overcome every situation. It's really hard to develop a system of equipping sets since you need other items to equip them and that is the problem. The system would have to record the id of the needed items, check whether they are in the players armoury, if he is able to equip them, calculate the bonus and the requirements of the set you want to equip and then equip it. Those calculations have to be done every time someone wants to change his set. One single change in equipment would cause the system to calculate everything again and force you to pick the set once again.

quote:
I think what Sushi meant about the lag suggests that everyone would be swapping and changing between sets constantly. A simple way to overcome this;

Have a half hour limit on swaps.

That gives players over half an hour to quest (which can take alot longer with 24), half an hour to prepare for their expos and sieges.

That won't help. They would have to change the server once again because this one is prepared for the 1.1 patch and such a huge addition would cause enormous lags.

quote:
The most plausible option is to have it that you can save your full set, but only those items that can be worn without the aid of additional items equip.

That wouldn't cause so much lags but it's already implemented in a bit different way (the EQUIP SELECTED button)

quote:
Yes, there are alot of holes and problems with the idea, but they could be ironed out by a team of proffesional developers over msn in a matter of hours, am I wrong?

Well, I would only change one word, hours to weeks. They need to change the code on the test server, test it if it works properly, change the code again with a different solution, test it again, compare to the previous one, find new ideas to make the script faster, etc. That can take weeks because the Dev team doesn't have an army of programmers to work every day and night.

quote:
As I said I would like to open the discussion once more and would appreciate all comments and suggestions, positive or negative Smile

That's why you won't get a warning for necroposting ;]

P.S. Of course I'm not sure about the situation of Dev team so I may be wrong in some points Wink

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

07-08-2008 01:13 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Artoir.
Avenger

I appreciate what your saying and the general workload this would cause.

By problems i meant on a basic level, or how it would work in basic terms. I apologise i should have specified.

I also appreciate the coding would be huge and time consuming and the team have lives outside of bloodwars and have to pay their bills. So how about making it a premium option?

Realistically there are only around 500 to 1000 premium players (dont hold me to that, it could be far less or far more, just an estimation) and say the genuinely serious players that would have the need for this option is around 100, so given they all pay for it (say 24 days of premium for 60 days)

Money for the developers, the game is improved, and with such little number using the service, minimum lag.

07-08-2008 01:35 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
DemonDude
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-208.gif

Registration Date: 06-20-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: TIG

If we get equiping added to premium, then people are going to want loads of stuff added to premium!!

Cant u just make it so that u can place the order of things in every individual shelf?? I dunno if that would cause lags or not tho?? But it helps =]

Anyway,
I have a complex equiping situation, easy way around it tho!!

U get 10 shelves

Shelf 10
Stuff used reguraly.. i.e. quest items and attack items!!
Shelf 9
The stuff used for getting other items on, that u dont keep on - Equip Helpers
Shelf 8
1 handed melee
Shelf 7
2 handed melee
Shelf 6
one handed guns
Shelf 5
2 handed guns
Shelf 4
Head gear
Shelf 3
Jewelry
Shelf 2
Leg Gear
Shelf 1
New items & unplacables (ranged and selling/auction items = unplacable 4 me)

This way, u wont get confused, and depending on your resolution, you can get shelf 10 & 9 on one screen!!! The confusion and making mistakes is what is taking you so long, Seperate the stuff u keep and equip helpers, problem solved!!
Takes me like 10 secs using equip all to get from my attack-def-quest gear and every time i have to use equip helpers!!

07-10-2008 12:46 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

it wouldnt be hard to programme
and it wouldnt slow the server down at all
just make it so that you can only make a set from items you have equipped (that way it has already gone through all checks)
and if any part of the set is upgraded/merged/auctioned/sold then the set becomes broken
simple and effective. Smile
now make it so....

07-10-2008 20:51 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
DemonDude
Lord

You can not make a set from stuff you have equiped if u have aquiped somthing in order to equip somthing else!!

If u want to make a set list, then that will break it... although, if u dont use equip helpers, then it would be fine!!

But seriusly, its a process of a few seconds!!! Wouldnt u rather the mod team work on more pressing matters???

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude: 07-10-2008 21:02.

07-10-2008 20:59 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Artoir.
Avenger

no i would not stefan

07-11-2008 03:03 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Azz420
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude
You can not make a set from stuff you have equiped if u have aquiped somthing in order to equip somthing else!!

yes you could Tongue
once the items are equipped you know you have the stats required to wear that set
that will not change whether there are negative modifiers or positive ones in affect

07-11-2008 06:07 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
DemonDude
Lord

In that case you could just sell the item used to equip in the first place!!

quote:
no i would not stefan

My name is DemonDude lol.. Waow, u really want this!!

Ok, u got my vote aswell!!
I just think that it to needs be worked a bit better kusa what i said at the start of this post.. this way, you could use a clan item from a member who has items waaay beter than u!!

But i think everyone in the game wants this!!! So the team should get busy on on making it work XD

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude: 07-11-2008 23:33.

07-11-2008 23:32 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Azz420
Lord

not if you ever wanted to upgrade the set Tongue

07-11-2008 23:55 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Simple Equipment Switch

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH