Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Newbie Questions Mark 2.0 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Newbie Questions Mark 2.0
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Bigguyinblack

Registration Date: 06-26-2007
Clan: [RoD]

Newbie Questions Mark 2.0 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Greetings all. I just started this interesting game and after reading a bit I have created a Thoughtcatcher with 10 Strength and Agility, 9 Toughness, Reputation and Perception 7 which match the suggested stats I saw in this forum. But I have a few questions.

1. At what point should I begin raising my mental stats and start building things?
2. The game looks like fun so I'll probably purchase Premium and try to be the best I can be. So what fighting style and Tattoo's are best for a high level Thoughtcatcher?
3. At what level should I join a clan? Or do I even need to?
4. For now my 2 option seem to be attacking vampires that are about equal in level or going on quests. At what point will I need to worry about doing more then that?

Thank you in advance for any advice you may offer.
06-26-2007 14:14 Bigguyinblack is offline Search for Posts by Bigguyinblack Add Bigguyinblack to your Buddy List
Hyperborean
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

RE: Newbie Questions Mark 2.0 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. You should start increasing the mental attributes when you find out that your new weapons require higher statistiques.

2. I'm not good at tattoos, so I can only advise you not to play with ranged weapons. Go for fire arms (they are not considered ranged weapons in here Wink ). If you want two one-hand guns, Scorpios are your target. If you want one big gun, then try to find (easy to say Wink ) an AK. Also, for two 1H guns, I would shyly suggest Gangsta tattoos. Have no idea about 2H guns. But wait a bit with the tattoo. There is no hurry.

3. You need not join any clan, but it helps. Clans offer protection, and, when you advance a bit, clan items. So, when you get your-self premium, and reach 8 points or so, apply to RoD. Big Grin

4. Attacking is a huge problem. My thoughtcatchers lose even with lower ranked enemies. You should focus on quests, though not every thoughtcatcher gets lucky, and attack enemies who are weaker. A good idea, however, would be to scan higher ranked, but inactive, vamps. If you find out that they are not well equipped, you may ambush them as well, and earn a lot of Points of Progress.

5. Suggested statistiques are never good. Invest in Perception - try to keep it at maximum allowed level till you get to LVL 30 - and Reputation. Add to Int & Wis when necessary. Spend as many PoP as possible before you advance to an even LVL, but under no circumstances enhance your APP or CHA at the time being. Strength is also necessary only for the purpose of carrying items. Unless you find a strength-adding item, do not bother your-self with the Slaughterhouse task.
06-26-2007 16:10 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1) You need to raise them when you can. When you reach level 27-30 of chosen stats then you can stop developing stats that you don't need.
2) Thoughtcatcher mostly use guns. I don't know name of thoughtcatcher tattoos but concentrate on guns.
3) You can join clan at any level. I would recommend to join clan at level 20 when you will be able to move to 4th zone.
4) Do all quest and attack. When you join clan you will be joining sieges or expeditions.

If you have any questions write to me in game nick Elisabeth I'm not a thoughcatcher but I know few things about this game.
06-26-2007 16:13 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Bigguyinblack

Thread Starter Thread Started by Bigguyinblack
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the replies. Hyperborean I'm confused, I haven't even used up all of my attacks for my first day and have 90,000+ Blood about 700,000 Lgo and about 115,000 people. That seems like way more of all of those things then I should need at my level which is currently 4. Non of the fights were even close although I have been detected a couple of times and sent home without a fight. Have I just been incredibly lucky or do you mean the fights get much harder at higher levels? Also Mask of Caligula seems to be the only useful Arcana when I ambush someone and the cost of maxing it is negligible so why do I want to increase Reputation? I'm seeing some pretty good advice so far. Someone should write a guide for newbies walking them through the first few levels.

Oh another question. Is it better to do my attacks first each day to pump my skills for quests or do quests first in hopes of better items to use during attacks? And does my level effect what items will be found when I complete quests?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Bigguyinblack: 06-26-2007 16:54.

06-26-2007 16:51 Bigguyinblack is offline Search for Posts by Bigguyinblack Add Bigguyinblack to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Later you wont have blood to use arcana on every ambush. When you are detected in ambush it means that fight didn't take place. It is bad thing.
I do attack 1st to use all my stored blood and then I make quest to gain blood.
06-26-2007 17:01 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Hyperborean
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Bigguyinblack
I haven't even used up all of my attacks for my first day

Remember to use all your attacks and quests. It's the most important thing in the game.

quote:
and have 90,000+ Blood about 700,000 Lgo and about 115,000 people.

Don't write things like that on the forum. You only encourage people to attack you.

quote:
Mask of Caligula seems to be the only useful Arcana when I ambush someone and the cost of maxing it is negligible so why do I want to increase Reputation?

Your chance of ambushing another vamp (not being sent away) depends on your reputation. The higher you get in the ranks of the Dead, the more precognitive your enemies shall be.

quote:
And does my level effect what items will be found when I complete quests?

Your level only affects the chance for successful questing.
06-27-2007 00:04 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Bigguyinblack

So I should max Perception, Have a high Reputation, and presumably have a high Agility because a lot of my fights go from blow out to nailbiter with a couple of misses. The bow seems to be much better then the mace because it does more overall damage and has 2 attacks, But if I spend points for the mental traits to use it I can't get the other needed traits as high as I'd like. Should I go for the bow for now then pump the main stats or ignore the bow for now?

Also can stats gained from items cover building requirements?
06-27-2007 16:15 Bigguyinblack is offline Search for Posts by Bigguyinblack Add Bigguyinblack to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Yes stats gained from items do cover building requirements, also i would stick with bow for now until better weapons come out

06-27-2007 16:21 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Elisabeth
Lord

Bow is fine for start but if you have any bs then buy shuriken and upgrade it. Remember to not overdo with upgrade or you wont be able to equip it. You can use shuriken up to level 25. At level 25 you can use auction so you will easily find weapons that you need.
06-27-2007 17:32 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Hyperborean
Double Ace

quote:
have a high Agility because a lot of my fights go from blow out to nailbiter with a couple of misses.

As above, plus, do not bother to upgrade your Agility that much. Gunner fight differently. Your task is to kill the melee fighter before he can hack you to death. Thus, you should invest in Toughness rather than in Dexterity.
06-27-2007 17:37 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

@Elisabeth: Why did you say if you have any BS buy a shuriken and upgrade it because he cant use auction yet so he use LGO to buy stuff ATM

06-27-2007 17:43 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
OLLIEBA

Registration Date: 04-05-2007
Race in game: Absorber

i think she means upgrade shurikan to make it better and when s/he is level 25 use auction to buy new, better weapon

CLICK.
06-27-2007 17:48 OLLIEBA is offline Homepage of OLLIEBA Search for Posts by OLLIEBA Add OLLIEBA to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of OLLIEBA: ollieba
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by scillage
@Elisabeth: Why did you say if you have any BS buy a shuriken and upgrade it because he cant use auction yet so he use LGO to buy stuff ATM

She meant that if he doesn't have any bs then buying shuriken will be a waste of LGO. She didn't say that he should buy the shuriken using bs.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

06-27-2007 17:48 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Scillage
Forum Legend

Oh sorry a bit of a misunderstanding i didnt quite understand and now i do

06-27-2007 18:49 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Bigguyinblack

I have the 5 BS I started with. I don't have the Knowledge to use this yet and upgrading it would be even harder to use. But what am I missing? 2 hands to use and it does lousy damage. Does it have an ability that isn't mentioned in the description?

Shuriken CLOSE

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 10 - 13
Effects: Hit +10
Requirements: LEVEL: 8, STRENGTH: 6, AGILITY: 10, PERCEPTION: 11, INTELLIGENCE: 9, KNOWLEDGE: 10
Selling price: 1 100 Lgo
Value: Nanites 0, Mana 0

Thank you for the advice so far. Currently I'm level 8 with the following stats: Strength 8, Agility 12, Toughness 13, Appearance 2, Charisma 4, Reputation 10, Perception 12, Intelligence 10, Knowledge 8 with my max stat being 15 and I'm using the bow. What stat or stats should I improve next?
06-27-2007 19:53 Bigguyinblack is offline Search for Posts by Bigguyinblack Add Bigguyinblack to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

if you go into well of souls and choose upgrade item, you can put items in and see what they will be like up to 3 lvls higher, you dont have to upgrade them if you dont like the look of stats or bonuses

with the shuriken the higher you upgrade it the more attacks you will get per round
just check it out in well of souls Smile

when i was low lvl i mainly got stats i would need for items found from questing or try to get questing stats as close to 90% as i could, but that might just be me :/

06-27-2007 20:10 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Scillage
Forum Legend

Ye that was just you Wink not really i agree with azz420 you should upgrade stats to do with item requirements and only after that upgrade other stats for questing

06-27-2007 20:48 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Bigguyinblack

I have a new problem. After 3 days I'm about to hit the 400's in standings and it's becoming very difficult to find targets within my range that I have a chance to defeat with my bow. I always use Mask of Caligula when I attack so I haven't been sent home too often but should I just pump my Reputation as well so the fight at least goes off or should I pump some other stat to increase my chance of actually winning the fight?
06-28-2007 11:21 Bigguyinblack is offline Search for Posts by Bigguyinblack Add Bigguyinblack to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Increase stats for wining the fight. If you use bow then upgrade perception and agility.
06-28-2007 13:17 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Bigguyinblack

Which one will help me more when I find a gun? Again thank you for all of the advice. Hopefully other new players will read this thread and learn a bit from it.
Oh and do more spies help my spying odds? I sent 999 and chose Bring me his blood and failed the 67. something % chance.
06-28-2007 13:22 Bigguyinblack is offline Search for Posts by Bigguyinblack Add Bigguyinblack to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Send max 100 spies. When you find gun then upgrade perception and knowledge.
Perception increase accuracy of gun and knowledge damage.
06-28-2007 14:37 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

Sniper rifle (+3)
Two-handed gun
Damage: 60 - 60
Effects: PERCEPTION +8, AGILITY -6, chance for critical hit +62 %, ignores 100 % of opponent's defence,
Requirements: LEVEL: 34, STRENGTH: 21, AGILITY: 37, PERCEPTION: 38, INTELLIGENCE: 33, KNOWLEDGE: 35

Ak-47 (+1)
Two-handed gun
Damage: 17 - 27
Effects: attacks per round: 6
Requirements: LEVEL: 38, STRENGTH: 31, AGILITY: 13, PERCEPTION: 36, INTELLIGENCE: 32, KNOWLEDGE: 29

theres some gun stats to help you Smile

When spying, i send 10 men and still get 66% chance of success, so im not sure how that works :/

06-28-2007 14:42 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Bigguyinblack

Can Ak-47 be upgraded for even more attacks?
06-28-2007 14:47 Bigguyinblack is offline Search for Posts by Bigguyinblack Add Bigguyinblack to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

from what ive seen it stays at 6 attacks per round even at +4
maybe at GOOD it will go up to 7 per round but cant say for sure :/

06-28-2007 15:28 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

! thing is for sure. Sniper rifle and Fn0fal don't get bonus attack on +6

06-28-2007 21:35 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Newbie Questions Mark 2.0

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH