Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Luck On Necro (Thoughtcatchers) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Luck On Necro (Thoughtcatchers)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gazo

Registration Date: 10-17-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Luck On Necro (Thoughtcatchers) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok guys and girls here goes (as advised by Szeszej).

The new UK Necropolis server is a most welcome addition, but I find myself asking time and time again is the LUCK that Thoughtcatchers get really too much given the restrictions this type of realm has over a much bigger realm.

What I'm trying to say is that should Thoughtcatchers get what is essentially huge 10 luck bonus over other characters.
In Necro we get normal, good and perfect items as opposed to Underworlds normal 0-5, good 0-5 and perfect 0-5. This means that this 10 luck immediately in the game makes so much difference to the characters.

Long term, I'm not fully aware of how it pans out, but certainly for this quick of the blocks approach it appears no-one can keep up with them (look at the top 100).

Even for an englishman my english is poor, so if anyone can describe what I'm trying to say in a more eloquent and grammatically superior way, please go ahead.

Thanks all.
Gazo

03-18-2009 22:02 Gazo is offline Search for Posts by Gazo Add Gazo to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think you put it quite well yourself Gazo Smile

But in a nutshell;

"Thoughtcatchers have an unfair advantage at the beginning of the game, as their luck increases their chances of finding Good items while questing."

Well its the same on every server at every level; one race will dominate.

At the beginning on underworld BM have a clear advantage with additional HP, at higher levels Absorber's easiness is almost invaluable.

From my experience playing Underworld for close to two years I've found each race has its positives and negatives, and generally they are on of the best balanced things in the game. With regards to necro, I haven't been playing long but I can see how other races bonuses will help greatly at different stages of the game Smile

It just depends on what path you wish to take and how you want to play the game, but that's only my opinion.

03-18-2009 23:36 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think the problem is not so much the 10% luck, as it is having a dodge, and also Arcana that gives HP and guarantees anti gunning.... if you get what I mean. The whole lot early on is incredible, especially against 2 handed melee whihc only has attack currently, a dodge can ruin them.

However as Artoir has said, later on it should balance out, when Act II arcana comes in I reckon that we'll see either the cultist, or beastmaster dominate. Or maybe even Cursed one.

Your imperfection.
03-18-2009 23:57 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
tomek1919

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

<p style="margin-top: 0">[/align]

03-19-2009 01:09 tomek1919 is offline Search for Posts by tomek1919 Add tomek1919 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for tomek1919
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by tomek1919
<p style="margin-top: 0">[/align]

Warning for spam

And for the record these boards utilise BBcode not HTML..

03-19-2009 01:12 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

lies all lies i have a TC level 26 up for trade because i cant find any good items my weapons are level 10 and level 8 lol i was on irc started a quest and said bet its a club eh walaa a club started another quest said bet its a cap if it is im quitting necro server eh walaa cap bye bye necro my char is up on account trading at the mo if any1 wants it

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

03-19-2009 02:58 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Impetus
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 11-04-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Source

I got a question regarding Luck in general on necro and dont see the need to start a new thread for it..

Is it just me or does luck NOT increase % chance for successful quest like on underworld ?

Riiiight..... Roll Eyes I know what I'm doing...

Underworld: Impetus
Necro: Cigam
03-19-2009 13:28 Impetus is offline Search for Posts by Impetus Add Impetus to your Buddy List
SilverTitch

Registration Date: 02-04-2009

Icreases both % of passing and chance to find better equip. But I would say the +10 luck aint as great as its being made out here. then best Good Item ive found is a jacket. And if it plays similar rules to UW. you need 40+ for "rare" finds to be coming along.

03-20-2009 01:27 SilverTitch is offline Search for Posts by SilverTitch Add SilverTitch to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Luck does have a greater effect on Necro than underworld. And it only increases the chance of finding preifxes/suffixes, not the rarity of the ones found, just looks liek that cos more are found.

Today with no luck I have found a good balaclava of shepherd and a good plastic amulet.

It's still a good boost, but later on 10 luck is also achievable by absorbers

Your imperfection.
03-20-2009 01:42 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Luck On Necro (Thoughtcatchers)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH