Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » More newbie questions » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page More newbie questions
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Bigguyinblack

Registration Date: 06-26-2007
Clan: [RoD]

More newbie questions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. What is a server event exactly? The description suggests that it effects all vampires in the realm but I haven't seen mention of it yet. Has a Server event ever occurred?
2. As I understand it guns use Perception to hit and Knowledge for damage. But Knowledge seems far less useful then Agility. So why do people use guns?
3. I'm not in a clan yet but what if anything can a low level vampire do to help in a clan siege?
06-29-2007 14:51 Bigguyinblack is offline Search for Posts by Bigguyinblack Add Bigguyinblack to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. Tutorial
This is the description of server events in the tutorial. They affect every aspect of a vampires life: damage, training parameters, chances for a successful quest, etc.
2. People use guns to kill melee fighters. Not everybody has lots of agility so they have been given an opportunity to kill those melee fighters. Some people think that high agility can make them invulnerable so they don't improve perception. With low perception they can be killed by gunners which makes the game fair.
3. In some clans low level vampires are used as shields for the stronger ones decreasing the chance of being hit. And in my opinion more people in siege = more fun Smile

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Evangelion: 06-29-2007 15:38.

06-29-2007 15:38 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Bigguyinblack

Registration Date: 06-26-2007
Clan: [RoD]

Thread Starter Thread Started by Bigguyinblack
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As always Ty for the reply.
1. I read the Tutorial. I still don't know how often Server Events occur or who they effect. "During an event, in upper left corner of resources window, an icon appears that represents current happening. " What does the icon look like?
2. So if I use guns I would want to attack vampires with high Agility but low Perception?
3. So if my task would be meatshield I would want to try to raise my HP and defense instead of trying to deal damage right?
06-29-2007 15:53 Bigguyinblack is offline Search for Posts by Bigguyinblack Add Bigguyinblack to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

1. I don't have a screenshot right now so maybe someone else would show the icon Smile
2. It would be hard to kill someone with a gun if he has high perception. Mostly players prefer to raise only one parameter. I would even say that there is no universal soldier Tongue
3. Only at the beginning you would be a meatshield. You can make yourself a tank but you won't do any damage in sieges. Mostly tanks survive up to the last round and the siege ends with a draw. It's really hard to become a tank but it's really useful. Mostly players choose to be damage dealers because it's much easier to be Tongue

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

06-29-2007 16:12 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

2) I'm melee fighter and I can beat anyone (except zauburion). I use different equip for different people. I use 4 type of sets: High reputation, High agility, Medium reputation/agility, Huge damage(for sieges and high defence players).
So when you will use guns you need to have different type of sets like: High reputation for guns/ranged, High perception; High damage (for melee fighters). Most of players have only 2 type of sets for defence and attack. This is mistake because if you want to defeat anyone you need different sets.
3) There is no weak players at siege. If you manage to take few hits then you are useful.

Bigguyinblack join RoD we are newbie friendly guild Smile
06-29-2007 18:08 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

To see a server event look where it says your name near the top of the page and occasionally just to the left of that a picture comes up and give bonus (good or bad) to all vampyres.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scillage: 07-03-2007 17:09.

07-03-2007 17:08 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
tr3at5

Registration Date: 09-11-2007

is screenshot off polish 2 server not sure how often they come around tho ;P

09-11-2007 17:05 tr3at5 is offline Search for Posts by tr3at5 Add tr3at5 to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

???

What do you mean? And by the way dont post on subjects that havent been posted on for 1 month +

09-11-2007 17:10 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
tr3at5

Registration Date: 09-11-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
1. I don't have a screenshot right now so maybe someone else would show the icon Smile

my bad didnt look date :S
09-11-2007 17:12 tr3at5 is offline Search for Posts by tr3at5 Add tr3at5 to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Oh right ye i see but look at the dates next time please

09-11-2007 17:19 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Coles
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Source

Well, I will anwser the question that haven't been answered.

The server events are occuring fully randomly. It can occure once per month or twice per month.

09-11-2007 17:23 Coles is offline Homepage of Coles Search for Posts by Coles Add Coles to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » More newbie questions

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH