Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Narrations/Descriptions » Proof of Perception (normal) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Proof of Perception (normal)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Proof of Perception (normal) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Original version:

Proof of perception
They were following you since you left the City. You were unable to see them properly, but you were sure that they were there. They were really good, didn't lose track for more than a couple of minutes despite of your efforts.
Unexpected rainstorm, one of the miracles of new seasons, which were the effect of usage of nuclear weapons during World War III, let you surprise them. Fast hit decapitated first enemy before he had time to react. Second one was defending only for a second. Not till then saw you that these were werewolves, dreadful beasts, able to stand up to vampire with their sharp claws.
Lupine metamorphosis is wonderful, but also frightening view. You had once spotted that, but only from wolfman to human. This time you saw the second part of werewolves' nature. In no time an enormous beast stood in front of you. Ultimate killing machine.
Fight raged. Fast strikes and even faster dodges. A moment later it was all over. Werewolf lay on the ground, waiting for the last blow.
You didn't know why you left him lying with his face twisted in anger.
The following night someone was following you. When you stopped and pitched a camp, the stranger came into light of a fire.
'My name is Aral', he said and threw you a big package. An instant later he vanished in the darkness. Now you understood what had made you save his life last night. He looked so much like Zia...

Suggested Changes:

Proof of perception
They had been following you since you left the City. Although you were unable to see them properly, you were sure that they were there. They were really good, and didn't lose track for more than a couple of minutes despite of your best efforts.
An unexpected rainstorm, one of the miracles of the new seasons, which were the effect of the usage of nuclear weapons during World War III, let you surprise them. A fast hit decapitated first enemy before he had time to react, and the other was defending for only a second. Not till then did you see that these were werewolves, dreadful beasts able to stand up to vampire with their sharp claws.
Lupine metamorphosis is wonderful, but also frightening view. You had once seen that, but only from wolfman to human. This time you saw the second part of the werewolves' nature. In no time an enormous beast stood in front of you. The ultimate killing machine.
Fight raged. Fast strikes and even faster dodges. A moment later it was all over, and the werewolf lay on the ground, waiting for the last blow.
You didn't know why you left him lying with his face twisted in anger.
The following night someone was following you. When you stopped and pitched camp, the stranger came into the light of your fire.
'My name is Aral', he said and threw you a big package. An instant later he vanished in the darkness. Now you understood what had made you spare his life last night. He looked so much like Zia...

Also the 'a' has been removed from 'pitched a camp'

Only small changes, but adds to the 'storytelling style of the quest text, I'll post more as I get them.

07-11-2007 10:38 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've improved all the quests as much as I could. I hope that these minor changes will be online in the next 24h.

07-16-2007 22:46 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Narrations/Descriptions » Proof of Perception (normal)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH