Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Archives » Bin » Expeditions patch » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Expeditions patch
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Expeditions patch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tommorow an expedition patch is going to be added to balance the expeditions.

The expedition monsters will have their "to hit" rating increased to preveant players from defeating them single-handedly.

With regards,
Szeszej

07-27-2007 14:58 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Death12
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-11-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good idea, this for all monsters, or just Pheonix?

This should make the game a bit fair-er on lower levels Smile
07-27-2007 15:00 Death12 is offline Search for Posts by Death12 Add Death12 to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Fairer? Making it so the lower levels get hit even more times so have even less chance of defeating monsters?

07-27-2007 15:03 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Fenix is too weak as 3rd creature. Even white dragon is better than him.
Why you increase hit of creature? When I fight with white dragon that have 8 agility less he hit me 80%+ of time. So after this patch he will have 100% accuracy??
07-27-2007 15:09 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

This patch will make it so that it wont affect the players that can easily beat dragons on their own, as they have too much hp left over for a little accuracy raise to make a difference. However, it will make the gap between top level players and lower level players wider because of stated reason for higher players and for lower lvls it will be even harder to beat them because they will get killed more easily

07-27-2007 15:17 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: .DB.

quote:
Originally posted by Death12
Good idea, this for all monsters, or just Pheonix?

This should make the game a bit fair-er on lower levels Smile

I hope its just the Fenix
as white dragons still gives me problems :/

07-27-2007 15:44 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Scillage
Forum Legend

RE: Expeditions patch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

The expedition monsters

It says monsters so it will be all monsters not just pheonix to have their to hit chance raised

07-27-2007 15:46 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
alphonse
unregistered
RE: Expeditions patch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

its a good idea cus now zauborin cant get that better Tongue
07-27-2007 15:53
Scillage
Forum Legend

No i dont agree with you because he will still be able to beat pheonix even with the new patch and it wont stop him it will stop lower lvls from being able to beat monsters during expedition

07-27-2007 15:55 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
alphonse
unregistered

damm Mad so he can still get stronger an stronger
07-27-2007 16:10
Scillage
Forum Legend

yep that is the saddening truth that we have to live with but hopefully not for much longer

07-27-2007 16:14 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Death12
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by scillage
No i dont agree with you because he will still be able to beat pheonix even with the new patch and it wont stop him it will stop lower lvls from being able to beat monsters during expedition

No you are wrong.

HE cant beat a pheonix on his own now, and with more hit he will ahve to take more people with him in expedition slowing down his progression and helping others get some.

This will not make the gap bigger because low level player will be called apone by high level players so they can win.

High level players will still do as much damage but will need someone to take some and low levels absorbe less of the hgigh levels exp.

It is a good patch that will be good, you will see.
07-27-2007 16:28 Death12 is offline Search for Posts by Death12 Add Death12 to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

He will just take his favourites (vlade etc.) to expedition, he wont take low levels no chance

07-27-2007 16:30 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Death12
Triple Ace

That is up to him, but you shouldn't worry about EoD, what i mean is that people like Lis wont be able to beat a white dragon on there own as soon as they thought.

So she will have to take other players, and as i said these will be lower levels so she dosn't loses out on exp.

I dont know why you question the admin, they are keeping the game balenced, they put alot of care and thought into these things, this is not a beta server where they go, ohh what about if we do this.
07-27-2007 16:33 Death12 is offline Search for Posts by Death12 Add Death12 to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Look, you have basically just admitted it :

what i mean is that people like Lis wont be able to beat a white dragon on there own as soon as they thought.

So that will slow people down lower than him but wont slow him down

07-27-2007 16:40 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Death12
Triple Ace

Zuborin i presume you mean.

we should not edit the game to make him slow down his progression. no what we should do is unite and not join his expeditions, and all get badges of our own. if we do that he will not be in lead for long.
07-27-2007 16:55 Death12 is offline Search for Posts by Death12 Add Death12 to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Well said, i think we should accept that we both think different things and leave each other alone

07-27-2007 18:50 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Bigguyinblack

Registration Date: 06-26-2007
Clan: [RoD]

I would like to know Szeszej's reasons for implementing the patch. All arguing aside knowing his reasons may give us some insight into how it will effect us. Also nothing is set in stone. If he had a goal with the patch and after a few days that goal is not being reached perhaps he will change it again.
07-27-2007 19:44 Bigguyinblack is offline Search for Posts by Bigguyinblack Add Bigguyinblack to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

quote:
The expedition monsters will have their "to hit" rating increased to preveant players from defeating them single-handedly.

This will increase time of zauburion as the only black dragon slayer.

You should change expedition because Fenix is the weakest monster. Low strength/agility/defence he only have high hp and give huge experience.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Elisabeth: 07-27-2007 20:15.

07-27-2007 20:15 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

quote:
Originally posted by Elisabeth
quote:

This will increase time of zauburion as the only black dragon slayer.

You should change expedition because Fenix is the weakest monster. Low strength/agility/defence he only have high hp and give huge experience.

The fenix is one of the reasons why this patch has to be implemented. On the other servers one player was able to wipe out the whole fenix population. This patch's purpose is to balance the expeditions and not every expedition monster needs balancing.

07-27-2007 21:41 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Nice that you notice it after hmm 4 months of play??
I notice it when I saw 1st fight with Fenix.
07-27-2007 22:01 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Coles
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2007
Clan: The Source

Thats very good information.

I hope that phoenix will be harder that black draggy Smile .

07-27-2007 22:01 Coles is offline Homepage of Coles Search for Posts by Coles Add Coles to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

lol so Zaub will be the only fenix slayer for long time?
07-27-2007 22:02 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Coles
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2007
Clan: The Source

I don't think so. If phoenix will be "upgraded" than he will be forced to get stroner team to kill it Tongue .

And I think that if it will have better stats than black draggy than phoenix will be almost indestructible Tongue . Thats because if its damage and skills Smile .

07-27-2007 22:05 Coles is offline Homepage of Coles Search for Posts by Coles Add Coles to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Presumably so

07-27-2007 22:06 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

Please read carefully, we won't upgrade their whole stats, only this little piece.

quote:
Originally posted by Elisabeth

Nice that you notice it after hmm 4 months of play??
I notice it when I saw 1st fight with Fenix.

Well, Zauborin's victory was the first on this server I think Wink .

07-28-2007 02:07 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

But you should knew that Fenix is the weakest creature so far?
If I'm wrong and creature are randomly generated at 1st meet then this patch is accepted but if you made creatures and their stats then you made huge mistake. This game runs for about 4 months and you shouldn't make such changes.

It would be better if you balance creature:
Black Dragon -10 agility/perception
Fenix -1000exp +20 agility
or something like that.
After this patch will be implanted Zauburion will be the only black dragon slayer for long time.

It really looks like you are friend with him and want him as top 1 player.

5 agility difference and 100% accuracy. I agree hit need to be changed ^^
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=0eacc1535d

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Elisabeth: 07-28-2007 10:43.

07-28-2007 10:41 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Yes hit definately needs to be changed

07-28-2007 11:25 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Elisabeth
Lord

Yes but not in they way that administration want to do it.

Example:
Treat Fenix damage as Gun or ranged weapon and not as melee.
But again zauburion would be then the only Fenix slayer.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Elisabeth: 07-28-2007 12:47.

07-28-2007 12:46 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

1. The "to hit" add was ment to stop malee fighting characters from killing the mobs easily. (if u had lots of agi the mobs were not hitting you (miss), now they hit all the ppl equally Wink

2. A single character party will suffer penalties or should I say a mob will be granted boost. - thus the one on one situation will never happen.

3. The mobs have a range of min-max stats, so You may hit an easy one or harder one.

Thank You.
07-30-2007 13:54 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Zauborin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-65.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: EoD

lol u are all very funny ... u want balance game? or game which slow me? u think that i get my exp from cheating? ... it was hard work to be 1st ... so just think how to get more points ... not how to slow me ... that stupid ... just go and cry more, more and more ... maybe then admins give u some bonus exp, and some of u will be 1st ...

quote:

After this patch will be implanted Zauburion will be the only black dragon slayer for long time.
It really looks like you are friend with him and want him as top 1 player.

hahaha ... he is my mother ... momy love her son... so? im 1st!!

from my little fan, which i love:

"i want nothing more than to see EoD rot and Zuborin with it."

thx ;*

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Zauborin: 07-31-2007 11:09.

07-31-2007 10:45 Zauborin is offline Search for Posts by Zauborin Add Zauborin to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

You act like child that is for sure.

Now it will be lot harder to slay black dragon because he will hit 90-100% of time.
You have experience from polish server so don't tell me that you worked for it hard. You knew how to merge good items so you had huge advantage.
It looks like administration waited for you to gain 1st black dragon slayer badge and then they are changing hit of creature. Isn't this strange? For me it is very strange.
07-31-2007 10:59 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Zauborin
Triple Ace

no i dont have from polish Smile there im noob, im collect here all white weapon, if i found shining dagger i not sell them like other ... when i found shining club of power i sell shining dagger ... and i make list of every merge i can do ... i try do this on forum ... but noone reply in my post... i try to help everyone... but if they don't want, so why it is my fault? if i have experience from polish i will take berserker not assasin ... and then i can try to kill fenix alone ...

thx ;*

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Zauborin: 07-31-2007 11:08.

07-31-2007 11:06 Zauborin is offline Search for Posts by Zauborin Add Zauborin to your Buddy List
Zauborin
Triple Ace

good patch Smile fenix got 1 miss on me Smile

thx ;*
07-31-2007 15:50 Zauborin is offline Search for Posts by Zauborin Add Zauborin to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Archives » Bin » Expeditions patch

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH