Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Change of servers » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Change of servers 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Change of servers Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear Players

today in the night (20-21 April 2009) we will be moving all realms onto new and better server. This change should drastically improve performance on all realms.

In connection with the above please schedule your actions so that you are not surprised when the downtime comes.

There is no technical possibility to predict the exact hour when a certain realm will be offline as there is a lot of data to be moved

We are sorry for the inconvenience,
Yours BWTeam

04-20-2009 17:42 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When do you expect to get back online?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-20-2009 17:46 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
walkerlot

Registration Date: 04-15-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would assume it would be different for every realm
04-20-2009 17:47 walkerlot is offline Search for Posts by walkerlot Add walkerlot to your Buddy List
RinghamEnderol
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-06-2009
Clan: LIG / SOT

Can we expect most realms to be back online by mid-morning?

Former Necropolis Character: Enderol (Unfortunately Deleted now) and since Re-incarnated! - Clan leader of Sovereigns of Time

04-20-2009 17:48 RinghamEnderol is offline Search for Posts by RinghamEnderol Add RinghamEnderol to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

Yes, realms will be moved one after another. If everything goes as predicted all should be done by tomorrow morning

04-20-2009 17:54 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

what time will the server transferring start? u did say tonight but do u have any specific time in ur mind? there are items we wanna bid on that will finish at night time so would be cool to know when to start panicking Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by minshres: 04-20-2009 18:06.

04-20-2009 18:03 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Lasher

Registration Date: 01-04-2009
Race in game: Cultist

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
what time will the server transferring start? u did say tonight but do u have any specific time in ur mind? there are items we wanna bid on that will finish at night time so would be cool to know when to start panicking Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
There is no technical possibility to predict the exact hour when a certain realm will be offline as there is a lot of data to be moved

He just sayd it's imposible to tell when the servers will go down mate. And idc when they go down as long as they get back up in 24-48h Smile

04-20-2009 18:07 Lasher is offline Homepage of Lasher Search for Posts by Lasher Add Lasher to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Lasher: N/A YIM Account Name of Lasher: N/A View the MSN Profile for Lasher
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

u dun have anything to buy so u r not worried but i do have 2 items that i wanna buy which will finish at night time so any sort of clue would help.

04-20-2009 18:11 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Raserei

Registration Date: 04-20-2009

Eeeek I hope it all goes smoothly! Nothing worse tban a gliche right in the middle of a server transfer to really flub up a day! *crosses fingers*

BTW does it also include the forums? Just in case things don't go so well I wonder how we'll know when to expect things back to normal.

04-20-2009 18:14 Raserei is offline Search for Posts by Raserei Add Raserei to your Buddy List
rann

Registration Date: 09-12-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: Boot Camp

have i got this right its all the servers moving together basicly (polish+us+french) ect ? :p just wanu know as if it is how are we gonna make it so we all understand every1 ? :s

thanks

penguin Wink

Looking For Bulet-Proof Cape Of Addict 900 BS +

Farm Me ?
And I Shall Farm You One Day =]

04-20-2009 18:19 rann is offline Search for Posts by rann Add rann to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

If i miss items that im going to be bidding on i am gonna cause a huge argument on the forums . . . I hope you know that Wink

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-20-2009 18:31 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

O_o last few patchy things I lost an entire shelf of my armoury.. Dont spose theres a chance of this happening with moving servers? O_o
04-20-2009 18:35 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Raserei

Registration Date: 04-20-2009

From my basic experience in other games everything will be as it is now only improved. Look at it as moving one box of stuff from a shed to your bedroom..it's still the same box of stuff but it's in a better room. Your world will still be the same no matter if it's in Polish, French or English...only better. Smile

04-20-2009 18:41 Raserei is offline Search for Posts by Raserei Add Raserei to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008
Clan: BoS

so what's the deal with the auction, then? will everything that we have bid on that goes through after the server reset be erased? or...

04-20-2009 18:44 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

\o/ lol .. well if I do end up loosing items from my "box" in the journey Szej your gonna get earache Wink lol

good job on improving it when it happens Smile
04-20-2009 18:44 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

anyway the auction can be froze when the server goes down?

and/or

everything is extended by 24 hours!!!

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

04-20-2009 19:04 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

This never happened before.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-20-2009 19:10 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
This never happened before.

it should happen

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

04-20-2009 19:52 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Change of servers

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH