Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Narrations/Descriptions » Swearing » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Swearing 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: Source

Swearing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=0c34a70495

If swearing is an offense on the board, which only a small proportion of gamers use, it is surely also offensive in the game, which all gamers of all ages use. I suggest the following amendment to correct this glaring double standard:

Tapestry hanging on the wall caught on fire. `This is getting bloody ridiculous!`, you thought and your beast within burnt with bloodthirst, `To invade MY estate!`

Additionally, swearing in the 'arts' forum should be stopped, as the argument the mods made to me as I understand it was that swearing can be offensive, and nobody else can judge who may be offended by it in any context Smile

Haha. Either that, or swearing on the forum be allowed, with the exception that abusive language, whether using swear words or not, towards any other board user remain a warnable offense Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kalessin: 04-25-2009 17:12.

04-25-2009 17:12 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

/inb4lock

lol

swearing should be fine im sure you have to be 16 to play this game anyway dont you!? if so you've heard the worst people have to say (i had by then) so it shouldn't matter

04-25-2009 17:48 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hang on this thread has already been done in the offtopics... and the topic has been closed :\ why has there been another one started?

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

04-25-2009 20:13 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

no bea. offtopic was a discussion this is asking for it to be changed.

04-25-2009 21:05 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

However as you can see we're not that strict about this rule in the story part of the forum. Offense certainly cannot be in any way justified if it is a mean of abuse, with narrations it's not that bad (of course if you are not overdoing it)

04-25-2009 21:30 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

ohhh sorry :$ okays Smile

i waz just all confused Smile i thought it had been started again Frown lol Big Grin

well i don't think if someone slips up like just swearing on the board then it shouldn't be an immediate warning :\ ..... but still Big Grin i'll shh now Big Grin

love B x

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

04-25-2009 21:38 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

RE: Swearing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kalessin
Either that, or swearing on the forum be allowed, with the exception that abusive language, whether using swear words or not, towards any other board user remain a warnable offense Wink

GO KALESSIN, YOUR MY HERO! <3

Serious note, i'm pro swearing, but i agree with her, either ban it COMPLETELY, or allow it on the boards (to the extent of just casual-ish, no offending people directly, and like... no more than 2/3 in a single post?)

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
04-29-2009 16:56 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

It's hard to draw the line between casualish and real offence

04-29-2009 17:15 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Well an obvious one (Not including the swear words) would be like "DAMN QUESTS KEEP BEING A person without a dad TO ME!" (that's b**tard to anyone who hasn't realised -.- i class it as swearing)

And an offense? Basically saying F off to someone, or calling them a stupid *beep*

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 04-30-2009 14:29.

04-29-2009 17:53 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Narrations/Descriptions » Swearing

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH