Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » red dragons really take the p**s » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page red dragons really take the p**s
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

red dragons really take the p**s Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok yes we all know about the RNG basically pooing on us all but and i was just wondering does it have limitations about how much it can take the p**s ?

act 2 medusa
max agility of 226 and its the 8th expo monster

act 2 red dragon
max agility most have seen is around 220 . . . (coincedentally the agility of the ones i get )

by all logic shouldn't the 8th expo monster be slightly harder to hit and kill than the 4th ?

i just got a red dragon with 231 agility which is higher than the recorded highest of the act 2 medusa . . .

something needs to be done about this as around 30 players on the entire game can get their agility that high and as the 4th expo monster that just takes the p**s

dont tell me oh blame the RNG because all things like that have to have base limitations to play with . . .

now sort it out . . .

(as i use my phone internet i am unable to copy and paste so bea will post it for me Smile )

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-27-2009 22:09 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

QUE BEA Wink

LINKAGE Wink

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=44fb8a9bcd

yus i agree... i'm trying to get my red badge and i'm never gunna get it when its a HUGEEE monster.... i can kill the next ones up and do more damage to them but i can't do anything to a red :\ its pants coz i can't get any higher :|

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

04-27-2009 22:12 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought that dragon was a bit mad to be honest ... kinda takes the mick .. Ive been in some expos at DB & not half of their huge mobs have had that kinda agility ... for example..
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=67b49f42a2

I know they killed it but you got some top players in it there... Bit different when your all smaller Smile (compared anyways Tongue )

Definately think they need fixing though .. Just a thought

*edit* another example ... http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=53191da45d
again they killed it but they got some bigger players in there..

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 04-27-2009 22:23.

04-27-2009 22:21 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

it states on the tutourial that the lower the mob the BIGGER ther increase to thier stats now that makes me wonder why that is

here are all the reasons why the expo failed, and better reasons underneath why it SHOULDNT

1) one reason would be to stop big players coming along and farming them
oh wait thats what the optimum level is for as players get zero exp from them,huh,

why else could it be

2) to stop bigger players helping little ones get exp/badges
now hang on if wanna waste my expo for the day when i know ill get zero exp just to help out a lower clan member then why shouldnt i? isnt that why each zone has level caps anyway (wt=120) etc etc

3)its just a general algorythom that applys to all mobs but becasuse reds agi is so random it can cause them to be supersized
wooooo, hang on if thats the case SORT IT OUT create a seperate algorythom for the red coz at the end of the day im sure you guys designed each mob with a average player base who should be expected to kill it and im sure they couldnt be expected to have 230+agi

4)ur suposed to shoot a red dragon not melee it
for a start it had over 100 perception which is like saying to shoot a phenix people that level really dont have that much perception very often and if they did they certianly would do 6k damage

5)should be done before act two
this i agree on, however WHY (if its the case) dont we get told the dangers of it for our expos simply put this could prevent people from playing and possibly quit the game and thats not very good design

6)its just the rng and bad luck
no im sorry loseing in the final round with the mob on 22 hp thats bad luck a red dragon able to have higher agi then golds,medusas,sphinks that bad programing/game design

7)lots of act two players
well thats just a joke it shouldnt matter how many are in that are act two the red still should have a final cap to its agi/perception and it SHOULDNT be more than mobs that are higher in the chain otherwise when u accept more people what you actually doing is sealing your doom

8}your not suposed to win EVERY expo
no your not but thats why there are three mobs in each location to throw a spanner in the works and make you fail or at least alot harder but tbh in the red location id rather get a hydra than a supersized red of doom

if tried to think of as many points as possible and given reasons why those points are wrong, basicallly red dragons are wayyyy over powered atm and should be weakened or at least have a cap placed upon them so that they arent more powerfull than a monster double its postion in the expo table

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 04-27-2009 23:44.

04-27-2009 23:43 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

well they should really... i mean i know i'm wayyy far off doing a medusa and all them and i mean... just look at how much damage i can do on that expo its pants.... i don't have a sniper set up well the one i've got i can't get over 80 perc with it so i still wouldn't he able to hit the thing :\ .... they are monsters and they are like wayy wayy over sized .... they should be knocked down a bit .....

with those points you've just said agresiel are all true. well your points.... it shouldn't matter on all of them points.... and really.... unless you have searing blood and taking bigger players with who can actually kill things like a gold medusa etc on their own you don't actually have much change of getting it.....

04-28-2009 00:11 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

You've also got the fact that 100 percep is achievable to anyone with elgendary 1H guns... but the red dragon has the biggest toughness range I've seen in a low level mob.... it's easier to hurt a gold.

Basically there are few weapons to kill a red... 2H melee can do it... IF they have enough agility and legendary, I've seen Lysandra deal over 3K damage to one.

However with an agility that high the red is pretty insane.

This is also before the boost made by ACT II players OVER the level cap.

literally it's the sniper only creature... and most people need solar to do it.

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 04-28-2009 00:37.

04-28-2009 00:35 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
cfox9

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Clan: SOT+L.I.G

Very good points, i only just noticed this but now i have, blumin heck, how has anyone got a red drag medal

Necropolis
Pround Member of S.O.T
04-28-2009 00:36 cfox9 is offline Search for Posts by cfox9 Add cfox9 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

i got mine b4 act two, mellee is redundent with agi that high, guns are too unless your a gunner tatset up of some discription

someone who is predomantently melee CANNOT get a gunner set up cheap enough to overcome perception that high

04-28-2009 00:48 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
someone who is predomantently melee CANNOT get a gunner set up cheap enough to overcome perception that high

unless they are willing to pay for super expensive jewellery and waste stone they could use on their priamry set up.

i got mine in ACT II, but I got mine with legendary 1H guns using a high damage llower percep set up... even then I barely dealt damage, I just got lucky

Your imperfection.
04-28-2009 01:00 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Agresiel
i got mine b4 act two, mellee is redundent with agi that high, guns are too unless your a gunner tatset up of some discription

i'm not going to buy a completely new set up for an expo mod when it woouldn't do any god what so ever..... i had a bad time with a white and a black.... and they are really sort of easy.... so either way its pointless.... trying to beat a monster that big only proper high level players can do..... people would need to like change tattoos.... and have a COMPLETELY different set up to be able to kill them :|

as i said... i think the people that get them easiest are cultists because of their searing blood because they can hit with that every time :\

if people are saying its about being in act 2 so the monster are obviously gunna be bigger well thats pants... thats basically saying that people should just say in act 1 until they are over 200 agil or 150 odd perc.... :\ its silly :\ i can't get my head around how big they are

04-28-2009 01:05 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

I'm sorry but.. look at all your levels?

One player was over level 70. What do you expect?

I agree that is a stupendously large red dragon, but its the first I've seen this big.

We dont really know how the mechanics of how Act II affects monsters, but its clear that there were 4 act II players there, so whatever it was was 4-fold.

You just got very unlucky.

04-28-2009 01:12 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

Artoir take a look at Incarceration's profile. She (UG) has not got his red dragon badge... which means the increase in stats is NOT applied for the person being level 70. That was indeed a stupidly high red draogn, but that was still a stnadard act II red dragon

Your imperfection.
04-28-2009 01:15 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

quote:
8}your not suposed to win EVERY expo
no your not but thats why there are three mobs in each location to throw a spanner in the works and make you fail or at least alot harder but tbh in the red location id rather get a hydra than a supersized red of doom

look arty ... Agresiel has a really good point there.... they have the bigger mods in the area to threw the spanner in the works but that one is seriously taking the mick Tongue

04-28-2009 01:21 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

im not act 2 smarty pants Wink
04-28-2009 01:34 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Artoir take a look at Incarceration's profile. She (UG) has not got his red dragon badge... which means the increase in stats is NOT applied for the person being level 70. That was indeed a stupidly high red draogn, but that was still a stnadard act II red dragon

everry act 2 participant still makes it stronger
the thing has crazy low perception, people with no tats can beat it!

Use guns Tongue

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

04-28-2009 04:16 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

100 perception is NOT crazy low

04-28-2009 04:35 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

Well... arnt all dragons easyer with guns that melee!

I had one last night that had under 100 perception, i dont have my badge and there was only act 2 members in it! Tongue The reason the dragon has such high agillity is because its perception is a real weakness, if i can do even a bit of damage to one with no tatoos for it with a hunting rifle....

Just dont forget, these are still act 2 [u[Monsters[/u], their strengths have been up'ed and their weakneses arent so weak anymore.

And the reason the spider has similar agility is because it doesnt have that same weakness weakness, its an allround badboy lmao!! Big Grin

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 04-28-2009 04:46.

04-28-2009 04:41 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

nope coz if the monsters perception is say 80 ish then its agility is lowered respectivly so he can be hit buy people in melee

i covered ypur point in my first post

also the 4th moster SHOULDnt be that hard its that simple

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 04-28-2009 08:31.

04-28-2009 08:30 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: Source

Sorry, I don't really understand this thread Confused . I always thought the whole point of mobs having such different stats (high agility, perception OR defence, or some combination of these) was that it tests every character to expand their strategies! No single setup is good enough for all situations. I mean what about ranged weapon users? All the rangers I know have alternative agility and perc setups, specifically for expos. I cannot get my head around why you guys don't have a gunner setup? Tongue

quote:

It wouldn't take that long to get a decent gunner setup together - how do you guys expect to deal with a golem that has over 300 defence?! You have to have ignores defence, either a sniper rifle or a heavy crossbow.

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
unless they are willing to pay for super expensive jewellery and waste stone they could use on their priamry set up.

Um... no? I don't have any expensive jewelery - until recently I was using a necklace of pilgrim, good bracelet of wisdom and a good ring of youth +1 (but only for the str bonus, as melee users I'm sure you guys don't have a problem with str). I currently use an even cheaper setup - neckerchief of genius +5, a good ring of wisdom and the good ring of youth +1. This allows me to equip a hunting rifle at good +5 or a sniper at good +1.

103 perception isn't THAT high... you could be hitting it with over 90 perc, and with an eye of cat giving you +8 that means you'd only need to reach 82 perception. There have been shedloads of shorts of shepherd on auction lately, a cap of precog or profit and a hunting rifle and you're sorted. Sure they aren't amazingly cheap, but they aren't THAT expensive either, but its not like you NEED a solar set.

04-28-2009 08:31 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Agresiel

nope your wrong

90 perception against a 100 would result in LOTS of misses i have seen many reports raxis has one where they are all snipers or using a legend\ary gun except one member that member has 87 perception and does something pathitic like 200 damage

PROVEING that unless u are a sniper tatto or are lucky enough to have a legendary weapons then u simply cant get 100 perception without spending STUPID amount of stones

the point of this topic is that red dragon is over powered as it is compared to monsters above it

04-28-2009 08:35 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Kalessin

I disagree, my point wasn't the numbers involved, it was that you NEED different setups for expos - not that you NEED 100 perception. That was a massive dragon, literally as big as they come. The range, without Act II bonuses, is Perception 64-103.

You cannot believe that 80 perception is out of your reach, with very little effort you can easily get in the middle of that range, and have a very decent chance of winning. Even the best setup won't work on dragons that are at the upper range of their limit, that's the point - they are meant to be hard Confused

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kalessin: 04-28-2009 08:50.

04-28-2009 08:49 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Agresiel

if the dragons perception is 80 then its agi would be close to 174 and a melle would hit and do more damage at 174 than a melee's sniper set up

04-28-2009 09:32 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Kalessin

No, because guns cut through the defence, so you do more damage. I agree that reds CAN be done by melee, if you're high enough level with good enough gear, but it is a LOT easier with guns for those under say 600ish points - and for some of the bigger mobs, you're pretty much going to have to change strategy, so why not start now? Smile

I mean that's my point, the thread is stating that reds are impossible - but they are actually quite easy if you adjust your tactics to meet the challenge Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kalessin: 04-28-2009 10:29.

04-28-2009 10:28 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008

I continuously got reds with over 250 agility. I managed to get my hydra and gold badges before i finally got my red badge, thanks to a small red (151 agility) and 79, who got hardly any xp from it.

Even with melee, they are do-able, but you just have to keep trying until you get a small one.

This was after 30+ attempts and getting a substantial number of dragons over 250, and none under 200.

Basically, if you're gonna persevere with melee, you're in for a long wait.

EDIT: Rephrasing

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 04-28-2009 10:46.

04-28-2009 10:42 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

As kalessin has said all mobs are supposed to require different stratagies. You got really unlucky with t hat mob but i, like many others have been in expos where the mob has been crazy strong andhad higher stats than higher mobs. Its apart of the game. I wont be able to get my noble badge without changing equips so try with a moderate gunner gear.I had to use a bog standard melee gear to get my pheonix badge Tongue
04-28-2009 11:15 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Thread Starter Thread Started by Paranoia

Ok someone mentioned about not getting a golem badge without a gun . . . Thats pants . . . At level 61 i hurt golem's quite happily melee . . . . When i used to go and hunt red's with my hunting rifle my setup was expensive and i barely hit 92 perc . . . And even then i missed 90% of the time . . . Soon i wont even bother trying for a red because going in alone will spawn a godzilla sized dragon . . . And if all dragons are meant to be shot then why does a black have a fixed act 1 agility of 110 (old account got my black badge melee at level 49) . . . Its not a case of changing setup as bare melee players find it very difficult to get their perc high enough to hit anything . . . Let alone an uber dragon on steroids

quote:

Smile

04-28-2009 11:49 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Kalessin

Compare the damage of HorstHorstMann with the rest of us using ignores defence heavy xbows or snipers...
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=3c64e5972b

I never really considered that there were people trying to beat every mob with their main agility outfits xD And I thought my badges were hard to win.

04-28-2009 11:58 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
blingbling

Registration Date: 07-29-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: The Source

Done know if this was mentioned before but ehm...why use melee against a RD? I only used melee against phoenix, hydra,sometimes a gold dragon (not anymore because my perception is high enough) and medusa atm...
04-28-2009 12:00 blingbling is offline Search for Posts by blingbling Add blingbling to your Buddy List Add blingbling to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for blingbling
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Ok i can melee everything up to a noble apart from a red dragon . . . That includes whites and blacks . . . I do not own a gun . . . My perception always sucked even WITH 2 solar items . . . Over all damage sucks with a gun . . . You show me one gunner of a similer level that can deal the same damage using a sniper as i can to something i can hit (excluding golem)

quote:

Smile

04-28-2009 12:09 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Well at the end of the day melee isnt suited to red dragons. Other people have to build other equips to beat mobs, why cant you?
04-28-2009 12:09 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Its not that i cant its that its pointless . . . Because when i pour stones into a gunner setup that can actually hit the damn thing my melee set would suffer . . . Thing is its ranges are too high . . . By all means make it difficult but not bloody impossible . . .

quote:

Smile

04-28-2009 12:21 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
NateDogg
unregistered

your not the only one to suffer, thank yourself lucky you can hit the other expo's there are a lot of ranged users who have always had to use guns or melee to do expo's

I can't hit red's either by the way, and thats the first time i've mentined it, i don't feel the need to moan about it Wink

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by NateDogg: 04-28-2009 12:26.

04-28-2009 12:22
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008

UG you need maybe two SS.

Lets say you have base perception of 35.

Good Shorts of Shepherd (+3) CLOSE

Pants
Defence: -3
Effects: AGILITY +7, PERCEPTION +20, TOUGHNESS -6, defence -14, chance to hit with melee weapon -27
Requirements: LEVEL: 38, STRENGTH: 37

Get them for around a SS, or upgrade yourself.

So that's 55.

Good Cap of Precognition (+1) CLOSE

Helmet
Defence: 8
Effects: PERCEPTION +19, chance to hit with melee weapon -40
Requirements: LEVEL: 34, KNOWLEDGE: 9, STRENGTH: 26

Get around a MS

Good Hunting rifle (+2) CLOSE

Two-handed gun
Damage: 31 - 41
Effects: PERCEPTION +12, attacks per round: 3, chance for critical hit +36 %, ignores 40 % of your opponent`s defence
Requirements: LEVEL: 39, STRENGTH: 30, AGILITY: 47, PERCEPTION: 42, INTELLIGENCE: 41, KNOWLEDGE: 43

few HS

86 perception

Eye of Cat: 8 perception

so thats 94 perception without any jewellery. Upgrade any of the items further and you'll have 100 perception easy.

If you want to keep waiting until you get enough agility, thats fine.

If you want to get your badge, get off your backside and invest a few stones Tongue

Also you can sell the items on when your done, so you're not losing anything.

04-28-2009 12:29 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

I was a pretty good ranger . . . I changed tattoo due to the uselessness of low level rangers in expos . . . And if you went and got a legendary weapon you would have no problems Smile you know that just as well as i do

quote:

Smile

04-28-2009 12:29 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Registration Date: 12-13-2007

As K and Nate have both said, Think how it is for Ranged users to do expo's. You're bitching about not being able to hit 1 expo monster, christ, i struggle to hit them all except a golem Frown

I have all my badges upto and including the Golem now, but i've had to have 3 different set ups to do it. I have a half decent melee setup, half decent sniper setup and a damn good ranged setup.

My gunner setup doesn't comprise of any solar or hawks jewelery, so who ever said you need that is talking out their arse. I have a precog hat, shorts of shepherd, hunters jacket and a sniper rifle (hardly expensive)

You just need to either have patience and wait for a low red, or make a sniper setup like most ranged had to.
04-28-2009 12:38 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

You all say try investing some stones . . .
you get stones by getting points
main income of points is expos (according to the other thread)
so to get the stones to be able to kill the mob i would need to kill the mob . . . So . . . What do i do ?

its all well and good saying invest some stones but as i have no stones and cant kill mobs to get stones im kinda screwed . . . And just for the record even with 92 perc i have failed to hit the damn thing . . . So its not as easy as you think . . .

oh and by the time i get enough stones to actually get 92 perc to maybe hit the thing il be too high a level for it to actually have 92 perc . . .

quote:

Smile

04-28-2009 12:48 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh this thread is annoying.

Ug3 what level are you?
What badges have you got?
Can you get xp from killing a phoenix?

If you want stones & points then kill the monsters you can kill. Get a poxy gun set up & kill the red...... or wait until you are higher enough stats to kill melee!

Either way, you will get the badge eventually - everyone does. Some people get it earlier than others, some people get lucky, some people just have good set ups. Some people have to wait until they are level 70 to get it.

But what ever it is, just stop moaning about it. If you wanna moan about the game - use the Screaming Room - that's what's there for.

This is such a redundant thread - someone close it please.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-28-2009 13:16 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Registration Date: 12-13-2007

Well if the only expo you struggle on is a red, then do the ones before hand and get stones from them.

Most of my points when i was low - medium level were from quests and ambushes, i didn't go on many expo's due to being ranged and not having a decent setup.

So i saved all my stones from leveling up and bought the things needed to use a sniper rifle.

It's only been in the last 3-4 months that i have started gaining most of my points from expos.

It's not gonna happen over night (unless you find good things on todays quests) it's just something you'll have to work at for the next few weeks unfortunately.
04-28-2009 13:23 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008

Im a ranged user and i've got 3 set ups - ranged for ambushes so i can sctually use the tats i've invested in, a pretty crappy melee set up and a pretty crap gunner set up.....

im not moaning that i dont have many badges so plz just stop whining and make a gunner set to exploit its weakness in its perception.

Its already been shown that its not that expensive and if you only need it for the one badge you could buy the equipment and sell it on quickly so you dont lose much in depreciating item values.

tl;dr

quit whining its a game just do what near enough everyone else has had to do and get a gunner expo set or keep trying with melee if your going to be stubborn but no need to baw about it since its your choice in the end....

04-28-2009 13:54 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

thats all well and good you saying ahh yeah get better equipment and you know sell it on .... look at the size of that red... seriously.... are you actually telling me a proper gun set up you wouldn't have trouble with that... coz that is a load of bull.....

Cthulhu my dear.... UG isn't saying that it should be done easy.... and with people who are melee ranged and whatever not a natural gunner are never gunna get their badges for the red dragon until they are able to actually kill a medusa .... its not that i don't want it to be hard because i know they aren't meant to be easy and it wouldn't be bloodwars if it waz easy..... but thats just taking the mick :\

arty.... why should i waste stones in getting a good gun set up and it be pointless :\ .... when i can upgrade my actual kit :\ ..... its stupid the mods are meant to go up in stages of hardness... not do the white, black, phoenix and then jump 4 mods a head for the next mod :| .....

04-28-2009 15:10 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » red dragons really take the p**s

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH