Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Caravan deluxe » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Poll: Are you in favour of implementing Caravan Deluxe as a premium option?
Yes 73 47.40%
No 51 33.12%
Doesn't matter for me 30 19.48%
Total: 154 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Caravan deluxe 8 Votes - Average Rating: 3.258 Votes - Average Rating: 3.258 Votes - Average Rating: 3.25
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Caravan deluxe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are you in favour of implementing Caravan Deluxe as a premium option?

More info:

- costs 30 days of premium for 30 days of caravans.

- xp gained is down by 10%
- blood gained is down by 10%

- the drop will be identical with normal quests but the chance to pass the quests will be reduced by 5% no matter the type or the number of quests.

- arcana will be disabled.
- LGO cost identical to normal caravan.

The point of this is to give an option to people who for a period of time have less time for the game.

With regards
SM

04-29-2009 11:33 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dont you get the ability to caravan anyway ?

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-29-2009 12:23 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just for comparison:
quote:
# for every zone and difficulty level there is 75% chance of finding one item per quest and 25% of finding none. It means that with 10 quests you may get 0 to 10 items,
# experience and blood gained on caravan is equal to 80% for 2 quests -5% for every subsequent quest to minimum of 50%,

I voted yes, it might help some people.

04-29-2009 12:39 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Ah cheers diablo Smile i understand now Smile il vote yes . . . A little expensive though

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-29-2009 12:41 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

It's meant to be this way so it is not overused

04-29-2009 12:43 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Bezetta
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2007
Clan: D.B.

it doesn't effect me, but i vote yes for it... If it helps people its gotta be good Smile
04-29-2009 12:47 Bezetta is offline Search for Posts by Bezetta Add Bezetta to your Buddy List
Nosforano

images/avatars/avatar-368.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

voted yes, although I rarely use caravans on Underworld but do sometimes on Necro (although won`t be paying for the privellage)

IGN :-
Underworld.....Muppeteer
04-29-2009 13:41 Nosforano is offline Search for Posts by Nosforano Add Nosforano to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

i voted doesnt effect me as i never do caravans (not worth it)

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

04-29-2009 14:37 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-15-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

Doesnt matter to me as i dont caravan

HOWEVER i voted yes, as i probably would caravan if there were next to no penalties.

Sounds good.

Ingame Underworld: Oh_Teh_Noes
Ingame Necropolis: Cubic

04-29-2009 16:39 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Yes! Smile

I use caravans quite a bit when im busy working Smile

____

Four quick questions Smile

1. Would the lowering of blood, xp and item drops be lowered if you still do quests 1 at a time?
2. Would shortening times still work with this?

3. Wouldent this make it easier for losers to use a "autoing" bot program thing? :/
4. If the answer too No.3 is yes; Would this mean that anti bot system is gonna get in harder on us?

Thanks in advance Smile
KR

04-29-2009 17:05 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

ad 1 Nope, it only affects caravans
ad 2 same as with normal caravans

ad 3 Possible, but we have our ways of discovering such bots Wink
ad 4 anti-bot system will stay the same

04-29-2009 17:16 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
ad 1 Nope, it only affects caravans
ad 2 same as with normal caravans

ad 3 Possible, but we have our ways of discovering such bots Wink
ad 4 anti-bot system will stay the same

1. Gooood Big Grin
2. Good Smile

3. Good, get 'em all and do horrible things to them Mad
4. :/

Thanks for the quick reply Smile

Edit; spelling o.O

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 04-29-2009 17:23.

04-29-2009 17:20 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Woah hold on Sj,

Why not have this option, for 2x...3x or something LGO instead of paying money irl. Just a little thought for you to consider.

04-29-2009 17:34 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Clan: OMFG

quote:
Originally posted by oh_teh_noes
Woah hold on Sj,

Why not have this option, for 2x...3x or something LGO instead of paying money irl. Just a little thought for you to consider.

boom headshot

brilliant idea, as i could see that adding up very quickly (real monies)

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

04-29-2009 18:16 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

quote:
Originally posted by oh_teh_noes
Woah hold on Sj,

Ok, think about the lower players who like to just quest and get off. Now think how much junk they got -.-

They could use enough money to fund this for most probably a year or more >_< I say keep it with prem (despite not caravaning, except maybe 3/4 when waiting for an expo to finish)

Anyway, if it did cost money to use this option, then it'd have to cost loads IMO

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
04-29-2009 19:20 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

No, not interesting for paying for it. If there won't be any restrictions then yes.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-29-2009 21:22 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Question 1:
As I understand it, this will give us the option to set auto caravans - if I did not want to log in & set one off, it will automatically be set off - is that right?

Question 2:
will there be an option for this to work whilst in holiday mode?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-29-2009 21:42 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Nemazis, if the price was ~100k for a full days caravan, im not sure many people could hold that up for two weeks.

I think i maxed out at 2mil lgo, but not all will get this.

04-29-2009 22:24 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

A1: I don't think it will be automatic.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-29-2009 22:27 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Yes. Simply becasue I remember when this would have severely helped me. A good, useful idea for those who have little time at certtain points

Your imperfection.
04-29-2009 23:18 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: DB

absorber can't use his arcane i wote on now Smile its waste for all absorbers because he don't have useful expedition ar=rcane, also all race get easy from lvl and now he can't use his arcane on this caravan i vote on no its unfair

04-29-2009 23:26 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

But CESARZ all arcana is disabled in all types of caravans

Your imperfection.
04-29-2009 23:41 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008

I voted yes.

It could help out people who work funny hours and don't have time to do a full session on their game.

I think its a great idea!

04-29-2009 23:46 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

how would this work if i set it up so it did it for a month then logged on during that month would i have the chance of coming on when the caravan is running so not being able to do my ambushs or would it automatically do a quest every time you get one and then just show result when youve done 24 bit more detail is needed me thinks good idea though bit hefty cost though either reduce the cost or make it so theres no penalties ill vote yes anyway

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

04-30-2009 12:27 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
diablo

Guys, its not that difficult. This is not 'automatic' caravaning while you're not online. It is a better caravan than the ordinary one (as I explained already). You still have to log in to start it. Where does it say the game will automatically do your quests?!
quote:

- the drop will be identical with normal quests but the chance to pass the quests will be reduced by 5% no matter the type or the number of quests.

- arcana will be disabled.
- LGO cost identical to normal caravan.

04-30-2009 13:30 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Diablo - maybe I am being dumb.... but what is the point then? I can already set of a caravan without having to drop any xp, blood, finds, etc and without it costing me premium.

If it is not automatic, I just don't understand what the benefit is to anyone?

Surely most people can log in once a day for five minutes to set off a caravan?

Confused

*edit* - in that case, can I change my vote to NO - because, I like the caravans the way they are! Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 04-30-2009 14:11.

04-30-2009 14:05 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Has anyone actually realised the point of this caravan? It's so you earn more exp/blood than a usual caravan.

Ok now i think about it, it's not much of a boost, maybe you should make it 10% LGO cheaper aswell or something... or maybe can use a small amount of arcana, needs abit more of a boost than that.

I still vote yes though.

I'm backety back back
04-30-2009 14:26 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

RE: Caravan deluxe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

The difference here being that the caravans now
  • LGo cost increases for every extra quest you do
  • 75% chance of finding one item per quest and 25% of finding none
  • Experience and blood gained on caravan is equal to 80% for 2 quests -5% for every subsequent quest to minimum of 50%

So basically they want you to pay so that
  • you get slightly more blood and exp than normal caravans, but still less than doing each quest individually.
  • Drops are the same as normal quests, as opposed to getting worse for every extra quest you do

I cant see anyway i could have made that clearer Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 04-30-2009 14:38.

04-30-2009 14:37 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

RE: Caravan deluxe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
The difference here being that the caravans now
  • LGo cost increases for every extra quest you do
  • 75% chance of finding one item per quest and 25% of finding none
  • Experience and blood gained on caravan is equal to 80% for 2 quests -5% for every subsequent quest to minimum of 50%

So basically they want you to pay so that
  • you get slightly more blood and exp than normal caravans, but still less than doing each quest individually.
  • Drops are the same as normal quests, as opposed to getting worse for every extra quest you do

I cant see anyway i could have made that clearer Smile

Oh ok then, that clears up the "Drops will be identical with normal quests" bit, the rest i already understood.

So basically assuming you done all your quests in 1 caravan, you earn 60% exp in every quest instead of 50%, same for blood, and instead of ONLY finding stuff like "Shorts +1" and "Turd -4" you'll find prefixed/suffixed items at the same rate as before.

Will edit if numbers are wrong

I'm backety back back
04-30-2009 14:41 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Nemazis
So basically assuming you done all your quests in 1 caravan, you earn 60% exp in every quest instead of 50%, same for blood

Huh? How do you work out 60% a quest, Did it not say 10% less a quest? So instead of earning 100% experiance, you get 90% ... thats what i got from it anyway lol
Im still voting doesnt effect me, as i like to do them 1 at a time

04-30-2009 14:48 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
quote:
So basically assuming you done all your quests in 1 caravan, you earn 60% exp in every quest instead of 50%, same for blood

Huh? How do you work out 60% a quest, Did it not say 10% less a quest? So instead of earning 100% experiance, you get 90% ... thats what i got from it anyway lol
Im still voting doesnt effect me, as i like to do them 1 at a time

I'm assuming sjblah saying "goes down" was a typo, because if it wasn't, then it's REALLY not worth it. Doesn't affect me, but if it's 10% more exp, then yeah i vote yes, if it's 10% down then i wanna change my vote to no.

I'm backety back back
04-30-2009 14:50 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
I'm assuming sjblah saying "goes down" was a typo, because if it wasn't, then it's REALLY not worth it. Doesn't affect me, but if it's 10% more exp, then yeah i vote yes, if it's 10% down then i wanna change my vote to no.

Why is this bad? Right now its a bijillion times worse!!

quote:
BW-Wiki
experience and blood gained on caravan is equal to 80% for 2 quests -5% for every subsequent quest to minimum of 50%,

Right now if you do 24 quests on caravan you only get 50% exp!
With this premium option, you can do 24 quest caravans and only loose 10% on each quest, as opposed to 50% for each quest

04-30-2009 14:54 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

quote:
quote:

Why is this bad? Right now its a bijillion times worse!!

Is it? Looks like both are crappy if my assumption is right

quote:
quote:
BW-Wiki
experience and blood gained on caravan is equal to 80% for 2 quests -5% for every subsequent quest to minimum of 50%,

Right now if you do 24 quests on caravan you only get 50% exp!
With this premium option, you can do 24 quest caravans and only loose 10% on each quest, as opposed to 50% for each quest

Ah... i thought it would stack on top of the standard 50%, if it's just 10% lost overall, then FLIP YEAH, stick it in (the pooper =P)

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 04-30-2009 14:58.

04-30-2009 14:58 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Is it? Looks like both are crappy if my assumption is right

Thats why, if you have the time, you dont do caravans!

quote:
Ah... i thought it would stack on top of the standard 50%, if it's just 10% lost overall, then FLIP YEAH, stick it in (the pooper =P)

Im probually wrong though.. i am very slo....w

04-30-2009 15:04 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
diablo

DemonDude, you're right. The most essential part is the one regarding drops. For example in z1 you get 3 items (or less) on each quest. If you do a standard caravan you get one or no items. Thats the main difference, you can do caravans and still find as many items as if you woud do 1 by 1 quests.

04-30-2009 17:03 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Ahh, right. I get it now - it was a typo. When people say percentages are going down, I am thinking chance of success is going down. If the chance of success "rate" is going down, thus the chance of success is actually going up, then I keep my vote at YES.

Phew, that was hard work - you can tell I have had a bad week at work! Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-30-2009 17:40 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Agro

images/avatars/avatar-288.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Clan: End

I voted doesn't matter to me.

But i will say, i will try it and if i like it, i'll get it every other month.

Reason being i'm usually skint half of the year. Wink

Agro

Please send offers and msgs to me in-game
05-03-2009 23:34 Agro is offline Search for Posts by Agro Add Agro to your Buddy List
CharlyK

Registration Date: 08-30-2008
Clan: -END-

Doesn't matter.
That don't apply on fighting and I do my quests 1 by 1 ^^
Have more items in caravan could be kool. But when I kaunch caravan, it's clearly not 30 days... 1 day... 2 maybe.... Those who launch caravan each day would not have premium, they don't care. I'm doing it on the UT1 french server with my old character Wink

Expensive I think. Why don't think about Tokens. 30 days premium = 30 caravan delux (and a milkshake please...)
No matter time.
05-25-2009 20:16 CharlyK is offline Search for Posts by CharlyK Add CharlyK to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

No way, not paying for this. Not useful to me at all.

05-25-2009 22:34 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Registration Date: 01-22-2009
Clan: HLL

I voted no, even if I probably would use it sometimes. But I don't see why we should pay for this,I think chances for people doing caravans should be the same, whether they pay or not.
Or you could implement this option as a bonus for the premium account, like some 10 "supercaravan" a month, just to make us spare some time, as nearly all active player end for having a premium. Notice that many people already need to pay a premium account because
a) other players do, if you don't do you will progress slowly
b) because of gameplay limitation without the premium (check siegeing players, clan operations, etc)
c) because of time limitations in real life. The game you created take us too much time just to do the quests...!
and not because they really need the double of attacks and quests.
So this option woud introduce another element of inegality andit would be unfair. I already pay the shortening options because many days I don't have enough time to play, but this is just a matter of time between attacks and quest, and does not affect the result of quests. Enough of this "YOU PAY MORE YOU ARE STRONGER"mechanism.
I think it's fine we pay a premium cause we like this game and you make it work... but if you would make our life easier you could give this service to everibody. Yes, we will "abuse" it when we don't have time. And where is the problem? Why are we required to spend hours everiday just to click DEPART?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 05-26-2009 02:57.

05-26-2009 02:56 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Caravan deluxe

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH