Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Luck » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Luck
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Luck Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm curious about the effects of "luck points" in the game. I know that luck increases your percentage chance of successful quest. However, does luck:

a). Improve your chance of finding better items on quests
b). Increase your chance of successfully upgrading items in well of souls
c). Improve your overall fortune in the game, i.e. finding stones, avoiding ambushes, etc.

Also, in tutorial where it says chance for successful ambush and critical strike depend on luck, do they mean in game "luck points" or real world luck? If it is the case that "luck points" increase the chance of these occurring, does anyone know the ratio of luck:crits or luck:% chance of successful ambush? Smile

09-21-2007 18:41 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a) the game system doesn't know what item is "good" or "bad", luck increases you chance to find a prefixed/suffixed item, so maybe they aren't much better (can you tell a difference between a club an a sharp club) but they maybe 1 day you will find something really good.
b) no
c) no stones, + for a successful ambush not avoid
d) tutorial is describing Luck bonus. It is not about your personal luck but your stat.
e) wrong place for a topic - I am moving it

09-21-2007 19:06 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Thread Starter Thread Started by Evil-Eoin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool - thanks! Smile Any idea about the conversion rate of luck points to % chances for these things, so I have an idea of how much luck I need to make an impact?

And sorry for posting in wrong place...it just seemed kinda mishmashy!! Wink

09-21-2007 19:18 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

I think that 5 luck gives % for journeys but the rest of chances is hidden.

09-21-2007 21:16 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Luck

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH