Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Point proven (dooz) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Point proven (dooz) 7 Votes - Average Rating: 2.297 Votes - Average Rating: 2.297 Votes - Average Rating: 2.297 Votes - Average Rating: 2.29
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

Point proven (dooz) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this is a response to a long standing argument about cultists that took place on this thread, and probably many others
Thank you very much !

in which dooz quoted this :
"Do you have any example of cultist getting white or black badge from searing blood? The obligatory sniper set you mention can be sold again, so the loss of stones should be minimal"

in response to this from me:
"mean they even get more stones than other people coz they wont need to buy the obligatory sniper set we all have to at around 50-80 points all they need to do is throw everything into melee or ranged and then get in a half decent clan and searing blood the first two badges and then melee the rest away and if bal didnt prove this then my housemate gormo will if he keeps playing"

well at the time of my playing, gormo and my friend ph03n1x who i have also been tutoring were like level 6 so its taken a while to prove this but here

this is ph03n1x getting his white badge just melee'n it along with gormo who is also gonna get his soon, this was ph03n1x's first attempt, ALSO nuzza got his white badge on the first attempt just using searing blood and will soon get his black too thus proveing the power of a cultist just and searing blood and that if you are a melee cultist u DONT need a sniper set up

ph03n1x melee'n a white (with gormo)
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=5b5854a422

nuzza searing blood his white dragon
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=ff03fcadbb

thus proving my points that were outlined in the closed thread above Smile

plz comment below if you think cultists are overpowered/just fine

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 05-09-2009 06:43.

05-09-2009 05:50 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Their just fine, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. I still agree with my sig.

For crying out loud, im an absorber ranger! Probually the worst setup for beating mobs and getting badges Tongue

However i do like how it has given cultists a nice boost in expos! Tis Brilliant! The good thing about absorbers is the crit chance, works beutifully with leg. ranged!

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

05-09-2009 10:23 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cultist isn't best race u know of course they can use the searing of blood without having to do damage with their weapon but that's only for nubs seriously good players use both.

and the best race is thought catcher. they are jus brilliant Wink

05-09-2009 11:40 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

I'd trade searing blood for TC's or absorbes arcana Smile

05-09-2009 11:54 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

the thing ppl seem to forget is that seering blood can be absorbed as well ~_~

if any thing i would say absorbers are the best race Wink lower stats needed so can use better weapons..can absorb auther ppls arcana or if it wants just k0 them in a few crits with its act 2 arcana and get like 20% crit chance from that alone...

05-09-2009 11:59 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

quote:
Originally posted by spawnraloom
the thing ppl seem to forget is that seering blood can be absorbed as well ~_~

if any thing i would say absorbers are the best race Wink lower stats needed so can use better weapons..can absorb auther ppls arcana or if it wants just k0 them in a few crits with its act 2 arcana and get like 20% crit chance from that alone...

we can't use absorb power on a high enough level to absorb most of it Wink

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
05-09-2009 12:02 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

no but you can absorb some of it and stop them doing more dammage or turn it on them and deal abit more dammage than you would Tongue just pointing out that if they rely purly on it then it would be easy enough to counter it....

05-09-2009 12:04 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

quote:
Originally posted by spawnraloom
no but you can absorb some of it and stop them doing more dammage or turn it on them and deal abit more dammage than you would Tongue just pointing out that if they rely purly on it then it would be easy enough to counter it....

i am pretty sure even at my level i can block 90% of it with silence of blood

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
05-09-2009 12:10 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

Nobody seems to remember Cursed Ones so i'll back their corner.

With guns, especially effective for 1h, you can add in ambush around 25 damage and in expedition if you don't want to use horror - which can stop even expo mobs - you can get 80 and above extra weapon damage. Also you can add Perception if you fail to hit the mob normally...

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
05-09-2009 12:44 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008
Clan: V13

lol you want some cheese with your whine?

seriously all the arcana's are fine as they are (and yes i am a cultist) its all rock paper scissors and each benefits in a different way if you cant work out how to use yours effectively then how is getting the devs to nerf something thats balanced going to help? you'll just be back here again in a weeks time complaining about something else.....

i mean seriously why ask a dev to nerf rock simply because you couldn't rigure out how to make paper Roll Eyes

tl;dr - everything is fine play to your strengths and stop whining about how others have it soooooooo much better/easier

/rant

kkthnxbai

05-09-2009 16:08 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
BattleOx

Registration Date: 10-14-2008
Clan: NIGHT

Well Honorus your obviously gonna think so, you have it. Would you think of not using it seriously??? or is it more like oh ambush searing blood AI in defense Searing blood the fact that ye kinda rely on it for ambushing is enough to say it's overpowered

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BattleOx: 05-09-2009 17:05.

05-09-2009 17:04 BattleOx is offline Search for Posts by BattleOx Add BattleOx to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-15-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

i completely agree with honorous.

I myself have beaten a few SBing cultists, by using block arcana, but id like to see a TC or BM win against searers.

I dont think 200 damage/round can eally be matched by majesty, although ive not seen it really effectively used against me. the extra attack from beastmasters might be a nice bonus, but not particularly against guarenteed 200dmg/round.

so it looks like absorbers are in the clear ^^, but others may have to think hard about it.

Ingame Underworld: Oh_Teh_Noes
Ingame Necropolis: Cubic

05-09-2009 17:21 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

thing is that you can't block dodge or make it miss
everything in bw is meant to be random if you could make it depend on a stat or some thing so they can get badges with out hitting the mob or some high leveled player then it would be fine
05-09-2009 17:32 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Clan: OMFG

well a BM could take a cultist SB, shadow of the beast with 2H melee, get a hit and boom theres the advantage of SB gone Smile

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

05-09-2009 19:27 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Im a 1h melee bm and i beat up searing blood in defence Smile ask loogie . . .

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-09-2009 20:14 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-15-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

I think this is more important for lower levels, i.e. my level, 50-60.

People above that will generally have setups that work well in attack and defence, and will likely have specific targets that are repetitively hit.

For those new to act 2 however, will have to modify their gameplay to suit the changes. Absorbers would be safer than most, as they can block searing blood.

Ingame Underworld: Oh_Teh_Noes
Ingame Necropolis: Cubic

05-09-2009 20:19 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

2h melle yea and boom it doesn't work like that
what if it doesn't hit and pleb the point is with expo monsters which people with a bad set up could get their badges with
05-10-2009 14:12 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by BattleOx
Well Honorus your obviously gonna think so, you have it. Would you think of not using it seriously??? or is it more like oh ambush searing blood AI in defense Searing blood the fact that ye kinda rely on it for ambushing is enough to say it's overpowered

1. i dont use searing blood in ambushes unless i have to i'd rather use cats path and boost my agility where possible..... in fact the only times i tend to use it in ambushes are when im going against other who use it or TC who boost their health.

2. i dont use arcana in defence ever its a waste of blood i cant afford to lose Frown

...... is searing blood any different to TC on expo's who get their badge by lasting longer? i mean if your lasting longer your doing more damage and if you use searing blood your doing more damage seems pretty much the same to me but oh well.

05-10-2009 14:39 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

i rarely use searing blood in ambushes i prefer to use cats paths or regen arcana. searing blood i use against people who do alot of damage quickly and i need to beat them quickly. lol. but every arcana has strengths and weaknesses, especially now there is a defence limit on searing blood and this will affect collectors/bk's and others with high defence.

05-10-2009 19:44 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

I'd switch my race to absorber anytime if i could....

Well, i never doubted that a white could be killed by searing blood. Maybe Cultists are better than other races, for white dragons that is. Because later in the game i think and im pretty sure that many other cultists and non-cultists agree that absorber or thoughtcatcher arcana is equal or better

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 05-10-2009 20:49.

05-10-2009 20:43 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

honours tc anace is not the same because you still have to hitt the monster to do more damnge
05-11-2009 17:06 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
BattleOx

Registration Date: 10-14-2008
Clan: NIGHT

Surviving 10 rounds with a Dragon doesn't give you the badge. All Act II Arcana's give an advantage in expo's but only one can kill Dragon's without a good set-up

05-11-2009 17:28 BattleOx is offline Search for Posts by BattleOx Add BattleOx to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

You're ignoring what Dooz said though, when you get later on in the game (ergo better at it and can hit mobs) then searing blood isn't always as useful as more HP, or critical chance and luck etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
05-11-2009 17:41 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

if i was dooz i would be TC Big Grin absorber are with critis but with gd defense and high hit points i will survive till 10 round depending on the mob and maybe even solo Tongue

05-12-2009 08:22 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

I would still chose absorber, would allow we to quest with above 100 in luck. And give me more 30% extra critical chance in expos. Thoughtcatcher is good, but i am good enough at surviving as it is.

05-12-2009 08:30 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Point proven (dooz)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH