Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Imbalance in Tattoos » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Imbalance in Tattoos
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Imbalance in Tattoos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It seems to me that the tattoo system is unfairly balanced towards Black Knights, Berserkers, Snipers and Gunmen. Each of these tattoos confer additional strikes, so your choice is realistically limited to picking one of these four.

Case A: Monks/Assassins can do max 8x normal damage (4 crits at 2x damage with 1h melee). Black Knights/Berserkers can do max 12x normal damage (3 crits at 4x damage with 2h melee; or in case of Berserker 6 crits at 2x damage with 1h melee)

Case B: Gangsters/Collectors can do max 16x normal damage (8 crits at 2x damage with 2 scorpios). Gunmen can do max 24x normal damage (12 crits at 2x damage with 2 scorpios)

Case C: Assassins can do max 1.5x normal damage (1 crit at 1.5x damage with 2h gun). Snipers can do max 3x damage (2 crits at 1.5x damage with 2h gun)

I'm not even going to comment on the lack of additional strikes for ranged weapons tattoos, which surely need every incentive to be selected in any case!!

I don't believe that any of the other attributes of these tattoos offset the glaring deficiency provided by lack of additional strikes. In any "fair" fight between players with these opposing tattoos, Black Knights, Berserkers, Snipers and Gunmen will win almost every time. The game should be balanced enough to encourage you to select the tattoo that best serves your fighting style and NOT change your fighting style so you can select the tattoo that will best serve you to win.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Evil-Eoin: 09-27-2007 11:02.

09-27-2007 10:38 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ranged weapon don't need additional attack because weapon have plenty of them.
Black knight isn't as powerful as you think. Try to play BK.
Berserker/assassin/monk/gangster/sniper are good for this stage of game ranged and bk will be good in later stage of game.
09-27-2007 11:32 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Evil-Eoin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm quite content to play as Assassin because I like to alternate between 1h melee and 2h guns. However, I feel that I will be at a serious disadvantage against Black Knights/Berserkers/Snipers without the possibility of an additional attack. You need only look at the boards to see the number of players that are switching their styles because they perceive BK/Zerks to be clearly the strongest tattoos. I take your point about having to wait a long time to see the true strength of BK, but I have no doubt you will be the strongest player in the game once you have all the equipment you desire and the stats to upgrade them fully Liz! Wink My point is that I really don't want to be forced into changing my preferred fighting style to compete. And I think balancing the tattoos better would be a fair solution to all that share my concern.

09-27-2007 12:20 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Assassin isn't useless as you think. You can go to expedition with tattoo (sniper or 2x 1h melee). 30% critical now when elvish have less critical hit is very much.
Ignores damage may not work with sniper but it will work fine with ak-47 or 2x 1h melee weapons at expedition/ambush.
Black knight can't use tattoo on expedition it is only good defensive tattoo(at least at this stage of game).
09-27-2007 13:08 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Ok, I agree that Assassin is useful for expedition, but if you had a choice of two players to join you in a siege, both with similar level and good equipment for their tattoo, would you choose the player with Assassin tattoo or Black Knight tattoo? If you were deciding which of the two players to ambush, which would you choose? (and don't say both, coz you'd beat them anyway lol). I wait for your answer, but this is where I feel the imbalance really comes to the fore.

Does anyone else agree with me that tattoos would be more balanced if Assassin/Monk/Gangster/Collector had an additional strike?

09-27-2007 19:16 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Assassin/Monk/Gangster/Collector is good tattoo. You can't have tattoo for everything.
Black knight at this stage of game is defensive tattoo good vs shooters. Assassin is one of the best tattoo because you can use either gun or melee weapon. 30% penetration + higher agility and you can easily slay bk with melee weapon.
Tattoos have their advantages and disadvantages. Assassin is good tattoo in every aspect but not perfect in either.
09-27-2007 19:25 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

So which player were you picking again? Wink

09-27-2007 19:30 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

It depend who we fight. If berserker/assassin/monk then assassin if shooters then bk.
09-27-2007 21:40 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Imbalance in Tattoos

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH