Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Archives » Bin » Patch v. 0.9.8.1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch v. 0.9.8.1
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Patch v. 0.9.8.1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

On 4.X.2007 following changes will be implemented:

* Changed limit for joining and creating expeditions from "one expedition and another after some time" to "one expedition for every xx hours"

* Activity balls in clan panel show the time since the last click of the player exact to seconds.

* Balls "No access" in panels of other clans will be replaced with balls showing time to next attack.

* Deputy may pass his\her rank to another clanmember.

* Added direct links to player profiles (in player profiles) which allow to see profiles of players even if not logged in.

* Added posibility to increase the chance of succes for upgrading from good to good +5 to 100% in exchange for 140% of the average stones need for upgrading.

* Increased 3rd zone limit of players to 12 per clan.

* Added new premium option = removing of tatoo (points of progress are refunded but stones are NOT).

With best regards,
Szeszej

09-30-2007 21:57 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2007
Clan: [Tainted]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for that, those changes really needed to be made Smile

I look forward to it Smile

"The essence of another’s life, given to her..."

09-30-2007 22:05 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Increased 3rd zone limit of players to 12 per clan.

Finally war will be more interesting.

quote:
* Added posibility to increase the chance of succes for upgrading from good to good +5 to 100% in exchange for 140% of the average stones need for upgrading.

Funny update I can't upgrade my items because of level requirement. Do you plan to change it?
09-30-2007 22:12 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

There's already a plan for a patch to lower the lvl requirements but nothing's yet certain Wink

09-30-2007 22:20 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
alphonse
unregistered

YES this game is amasing when will the next patch be? lol
09-30-2007 22:21
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

* Deputy may pass his\her rank to another clanmember.

Thanks

* Added new premium option = removing of tatoo (points of progress are refunded but stones are NOT).

I spent days to choose my tatoo and now you can just buy the change? I personally don't like it. Just my opinion.

09-30-2007 22:39 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
alphonse
unregistered

no its not much but is there going to be a pacth wer u can chage ur sons name lol
09-30-2007 22:40
Hyperborean
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
Originally posted by diablo

I spent days to choose my tatoo and now you can just buy the change? I personally don't like it. Just my opinion.

And not only yours.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

Too much. It should only grant you with 80% of a chance.
10-01-2007 00:48 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

Not with this amount of stones

10-01-2007 07:08 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Flaw:
e.g.
If i am a good melee person, and do some good damge with my tattoo. But I am in a siege vs mainy Melee people with more Agility than me, I happen to be ritch and have LOADS of stones, so i do a quick tattoo switch. Bingo, I win siege because i do loads of damage with an AK suddenly. Then I can change back for next siege etc.

Now think about this rationally, sure a vampire can change his profesion, but there should be limits on it, other wise people really could do the above. You could change every few days to confuse people, Vampires cant do this. They are of one profression, as i said they should be able to change, but maybe somesort of limit is in call.

10-01-2007 07:34 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: The Source

I'm not so sure. I think if someone is nuts enough to change around every few days, they pay the penalty in stones. To get the best level of tattoos, you will have to keep coughing up mergestones and soulstones and no one can do this indefinitely. Besides, I would see confusing your opposition in sieges as just another tactic underdogs can use to their advantage to claim victory over tougher opposition. And you don't even need to switch tattoos to achieve this...just get the Assassin tattoo! Wink

10-01-2007 13:02 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

RE: Patch v. 0.9.8.1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Not sure that this one is such a good idea, again it allows the larger players to gain another advantage (at a 100% chance) in experience gain, etc at a relatively small cost in extra stones. I think the 60% chance for Good grades was fair enough, and if there were to be an offered increase it should be a maximum of, as stated earlier, 80%.

quote:
* Increased 3rd zone limit of players to 12 per clan.

Again, not sure on this one ..... the gaps between the clans are large enough as it is, without taking away the one thing that has been vehemently stated in the past by the larger clan players (yet never answered by the admins and mods) as the controlling factor on a clan's size and power. This may lead to the need for another type of clan control or handicapping to be added to prevent a total domination by small cadres of large players (or in some cases large cadres of large players).

In all I think this update is a mixed bag of good and bad, depending on how you look at it.

10-01-2007 17:14 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Zauborin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-65.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: EoD

RE: Patch v. 0.9.8.1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gendibal
quote:

Not sure that this one is such a good idea, again it allows the larger players to gain another advantage (at a 100% chance) in experience gain, etc at a relatively small cost in extra stones. I think the 60% chance for Good grades was fair enough, and if there were to be an offered increase it should be a maximum of, as stated earlier, 80%.

u dont understand it not 40% of last upgrade but 40 from all upgrading before

for example on good +1 will be

40% * (1bs + 1bs + 1bs + 1bs + 1bs + 1hs(not sure) + 1ls) + 1hs(which is normal price)

from my little fan, which i love:

"i want nothing more than to see EoD rot and Zuborin with it."

thx ;*
10-01-2007 17:34 Zauborin is offline Search for Posts by Zauborin Add Zauborin to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Even at 140% of all previous upgrades as you describe (which hasn't quite been made clear by the update description .... clarification please admins), there should be a capped %, as said before, 80% to reflect the basic item upgrade chance would be fair.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 10-01-2007 17:57.

10-01-2007 17:55 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

No, it won't be that cheap. We talk about average cost, which means the price for 100% lvl up will be much greater. Of course you can still try to upgrade items in the old way if you're feeling lucky.

Here are the final prices:

good -> good+1: [bloodstone] => 8 [heartstone] => 3 [lifestone] => 2
good+1 -> good+2: [bloodstone] => 12 [heartstone] => 4 [lifestone] => 4
good+2 -> good+3: [bloodstone] => 18 [heartstone] => 7 [lifestone] => 6
good+3 -> good+4: [bloodstone] => 25 [heartstone] => 11 [lifestone] => 7
good+4 -> good+5: [bloodstone] => 36 [heartstone] => 17 [lifestone] => 11
other lvls -> no 100%-upgrade option.

It gives advantage to weak player as well - you can plan your item-developing and collect stones to make an 100%-upgrade instead of spending many stones and ending with nothing.

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

10-02-2007 11:42 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

quote:
It gives advantage to weak player as well - you can plan your item-developing and collect stones to make an 100%-upgrade instead of spending many stones and ending with nothing.

I don't understand it. Can you show me good item that can be worn by someone with low level?
10-02-2007 13:13 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

I think he means that the stones can be collected in advance of reaching the stage where the items can be worn, which is true.

However, in getting up to that stage, the smaller players are still being outdistanced by the larger players that have already used the option.

The other thing I can't understand about this idea is that a large part of the game is based on chance (maximum real luck is 85%, maximum chance for successful attack is 90%, maximum quest chances are 70, 80 and 90%), why all of a sudden create an absolute in the game where there is no chance of failure whatsoever?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 10-02-2007 13:52.

10-02-2007 13:51 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Good idea gendibal. There should be option to make 100% quest/ambush/critical/hit success since it was changed in upgrade.
10-02-2007 14:45 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

wasn't quite what I meant, but it would be just as sensible making them all absolute ...... apart from to you lis, the amount of crits you get on me is good enough already Wink

10-02-2007 14:58 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
alphonse
unregistered

will any new patch lower the reaquirments down for building s ?
10-03-2007 17:34
Elisabeth
Lord

There is no problem with requirement of buildings.
True problem is their cost.
10-03-2007 18:52 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: The Source

Well, Police Station requirements are a bit ridiculous in comparison to Bodyguard Agency...

10-03-2007 19:56 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

If police station had similar requirement to bodyguard agency then everyone would have 2k+ hp in defense.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Elisabeth: 10-03-2007 20:14.

10-03-2007 20:14 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
alphonse
unregistered

yer the price is bit to high but
CHARISMA: 101 for police station level10 is to hight i think
10-03-2007 22:45
Elisabeth
Lord

You can easily get 101 charisma. You don't have to upgrade only combat equip.
10-03-2007 23:19 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
alphonse
unregistered

so yes u do have to upgrade an getting the money is hard
10-03-2007 23:25
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

There is a reason for this. Imagine they would have the same cost. You would attack a stronger player and loose. This way you can win and gain XP. People progress much faster this way, otherwise there would be 'groups' of people wit similar points who would fight themselves because it would be pointless to attack anyone stronger and weaker opponents don't give enough XP.

You ever thought about it this way?

10-03-2007 23:26 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
alphonse
unregistered

No sorry lol
10-03-2007 23:27
Konrad
Administrator

The patch is online. Have fun Smile

Other >> pm Szeszej

10-04-2007 11:46 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Ok, some good changes there.

but ritual of blood... What if i want to make percentage 80 or something. there should be option to change what percentage you want. so you can increace your chance with out pay HUGE stone amounts

10-04-2007 17:58 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

And then you would complain that you've payed for 80% chance and the upgrade had failed Wink

Other >> pm Szeszej

10-05-2007 11:59 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

But then again the 100% absolute takes the element of risk out of it, making upgrading items for higher level players a certainty rather than the risk upgrading is for lower levellers (regardless of the cost).

Is this going to lead to being able to pay more blood on 'mask of caligula' to get the reputation for a 100% attack success chance? Paying more money for an easy quest for a 100% chance of getting a prefixed/suffixed item? Paying more premium days to get an attack time of 1 minute regardless of where in the city your target is? No ... and quite rightly so, the limits, restrictions and caps are part of the game and should remain in place, not just be waived for those who are willing to pay a little more.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 10-05-2007 16:23.

10-05-2007 16:17 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Konrad
And then you would complain that you've payed for 80% chance and the upgrade had failed Wink

No I would not, i would accept it. But at the moment it is unbalanced. And what Gendibal is saying is right.

Nothing should be 100% in this game, is anything 100% in real life? no.

10-05-2007 17:31 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

100% for upgrade is so far biggest mistake that you made.
Instead of adding this you could change success rate or something else.

I agree with Gendibal that you should make change in questing for certain amount of money you will find your dream item.
10-05-2007 18:01 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
alphonse
unregistered

You will be able to join an expedition in: 23 hour(s) 49 min. 49 sec.
i fort its less than that
10-07-2007 01:17
Elisabeth
Lord

You will be able to join an expedition in: NOW
Expedition report - Desert Ephermeh - 2007-10-06 22:30:02

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Elisabeth: 10-07-2007 08:36.

10-07-2007 08:36 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

And now starts the fallout from this patch ...... the top 2 clans are dominating 3 zone again with only 7 squares being shared out among the lower clans and independants (for the moment) and 4 of those being in vacation mode.

Increasing the number of 3 zone squares per clan wasn't the best idea .... all it's realistically going to achieve is to force the lower clans to stick with lower squares or start again from scratch after pouring x amount of resources into a 3 zone square that can now be taken without a second thought.

I reckon this could certainly have been thought out better before being implemented ..... another case of rushing something through thats ended up favouring the toppers (whether it be individual players or clans).

This certainly needs to be addressed and balanced out.

10-08-2007 09:56 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Zone 3 is almost empty. Thanks to this changes more players started to migrate into 3rd zone. Before update every weakling could build strong territory because he knew that no one will siege him. Now things changed and games looks more like BloodWars.
To be in 3rd zone you need to be strong so weaklings will be pushed back but remember that there is still limit in 3rd zone so it wont occur eternal.

Before patch things were unrealistic. 12 clans had place in 2nd zone but 48 clans could be in 3rd zone. Now there is place for 12 clans in 2nd and 3rd zone and it is more realistic.
10-08-2007 10:27 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

maybe realistic but unbalanced towards the lower players and clans (no surprise there). I've been watching the progression of 3 zone squares, and of course they're gravitating to the clans that can take them without a thought to the balance of the game (whether that be through migration/recruitment or just through taking the squares from the other players.

It's comparable to a game of Soccer, waiting til half way through a match before introducing a rule that only allows a goal if you kick the ball with your left foot ..... it would completely bias the game against right footed players ........ Just substitute 'left footed' for 'bigger' and 'right footed' for 'smaller'.

10-08-2007 12:39 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Admins!

You've finally pandered to the top players and clans too far .... I can almost guarantee that the gaps will widen over the next month, and the lower players will lose interest when they realise they don't stand a chance.

aside from the regular starting players, you will have a regular playerbase of less than 200 within 3-4 months ..... now answer me this, will it have been worth it?

ADMIN ANSWER REQUESTED!

EDIT! Interesting how at least one admin has viewed this topic yet failed to answer this point.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 10-10-2007 01:23.

10-09-2007 21:21 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Archives » Bin » Patch v. 0.9.8.1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH