Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » BW 5-a-side competition » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BW 5-a-side competition 13 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7713 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7713 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7713 Votes - Average Rating: 9.7713 Votes - Average Rating: 9.77
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

BW 5-a-side competition Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BW 5-a-side spreadsheet

For those who are confused by the spreadsheet (on which I have amended a couple of dates) - here is a list of sieges:

Sunday 24/05/2009
Premier

DB sieges BB - result: DB win
BoS sieges BB - result: BB win

Championship
Muppets sieges BJ - result: Muppets win
Sexbox sieges BJ - result: Sexbox forfeit

League 1
TEF sieges WG - result: TEF win

Sunday 31/05/2009
Premier

BB sieges DB - Result: BB win
CoW sieges BB - Result: CoW forfeit
DB sieges BoS - Result: BoS forfeit

Championship
Sexbox sieges Muppets - Result: Sexbox forfeit

League 1
WG sieges TEF - Result: TEF win

Sunday 07/06/2009
Premier

BB sieges CoW - Result: Cow forfeit
Cow sieges DB - Result: Cow forfeit (Kenpachi - Red Card)

Championship
BJ sieges Muppets - Result: BJ win
Muppets sieges Sexbox

Sunday 14/06/2009
Premier

BB sieges BoS
BoS sieges DB
DB sieges CoW - Result: Cow forfeit

Championship
BJ sieges Sexbox

Sunday 21/06/2009
Premier

BoS sieges CoW - Result: Cow forfeit
CoW sieges BoS - Result: Cow forfeit

COMPETITION WINNERS:
League 1 - TEF

Hi all, myself and some equally minded players are going to start a 5-a-side siege competition, I will outline the basic rules in this thread, if you are interested in joining in, I will update the thread at a later date once all the teams have been decided on etc.

The Principles:
You form a 5 person clan (according to the categories listed below), you also agree in advance 3 substitutes. Then during an alloted time frame (ie agreed dates), you siege all of the other 5-a-side clans and gain points for various outcomes (also listed below).
The clan that gains the most points gets to brag about it... or maybe I'll find a nice picture of a gold cup, you can place on your home clan page! Tongue Big Grin

The idea is that this clan is not a permanent thing. The only things that must remain the same are the clan members, the substitues, and the clan name.

In the simplest terms - you form the clan for a day when you are due to siege another 5-a-side, do the siege, disband the clan & go back to your home clan, then re-form it when you have the next date in your siege schedule. This way, you can also change clan leaders for each siege if you want, etc.

Is that clear?

The Rules: (these are non-negotiable)

1) Each clan must consist of between 5 - 8 members (5 for the siege, and 3 substitutes). These members must be named in this thread, in advance of the competition, and once named, cannot be changed, or you are disqualified from the game.

2) Each clan will keep the same name for the whole competition.

3) Each siege is for resource only - no takeovers allowed. Before each siege, the clan to be sieged will nominate their target.

4) No tactical farming allowed within 1hr of phase 2. Any player reported of this behaviour will be served a Red Card, and that played will be banned from the next siege. The team will be allowed to use a substitute to enable them to compete with 5 players. Saved reports of farming must be posted on the thread (blank/deleted reports will not be considered valid).

5) Each clan must meet the following total member points categories to enter the competition (this total is for the 5 who are in the siege; substitutes must be respectively equal to the players they replace):
Premier Category: 2801 - 5000
Championship Category: 1501 - 2800
Category 1: 801 - 1500
Category 2: 501 - 800
Category 3: 201 - 500
Category 4: 0 - 200
**An element of movement in points is allowed from the start of the competition to the end - an upward buffer of 100 points.

6) Clans not fitting the points category when entering into a siege will forfeit the siege and the opposing clan will declared the winner. Clans can have all 8 of their members in the clan at the time of the siege, but only 5 members can join the siege.

7) Repeat offenders to rules 3, 4, & 6 will be banned from the competition.

8 ) The competition will be judged on points only - this is not a knock-out competition.

The points work like this:
3 points for a win.
2 points for a draw.
1 point for a loss.

In case of a draw at the end of the competition, the team who gained the PoH from the most amount of sieges will be declared the winner - i.e. if team A gains PoH from a siege they are awarded 1 PoH point, in event of a competition tie, team A would win because of that additional point.

9) No personal issues, arguments, grudges, moaning, whinging, stupid antics will be tolerated. This competition is purely for fun - if you don't know how to have fun, or can't accept the fact that you lost to a better clan, then please do not enter - because I will just ban you anyway! Evil

10) All players entering into the competition agree to abide by the outlined rules, or accept the consequences (and the complete and utter roasting they will get in this thread!!).

Finally, the logistics: (these are currently negotiable)
The competition will be 4 weeks long - but this may depend upon how many clans are interested in entering? I am happy to draw up a siege schedule, but I will have to take into consideration how many clans there are, and how regluarly they play, etc.

Plus, I don't want any crap from anyone - I am doing this in my own free time, because I enjoy this game & I know some people are a bit bored - so if I am slow in responding to messages, then just be patient!

Start date can be agreed once we get some contenders; but once the competition has started, no further clans can enter - they will have to wait until the next competition! Big Grin

Ok, I think that's it.... is anybody interested?

**EDIT**
If you want to enter a team, please post:
Names of 5 - 8 clan members
Category you fall into
Name of clan

PoH can only be achieved after 24hrs of being in a clan, so if you want poh - you will have to form your clan in advance of your siege. Tongue

TEAMS SO FAR

Category: Premier (2801 – 5000)

Ball-Breakers (B.B)
NateDogg
Nayrlien
Kobruk
Owiec
V13_eVe_BrO_Of_STe_e (Total: 4299)

Subs:
Laaska
Igor
Marmaladegirl

DaBest (DB)
Kenpachi (1095)
Scynaide (1143)
Flashblade (670)
Hayz_Moonlight (190)
T3h D0z0rz (522) (Total: 3620)

Sub:
Tiger_claw (1747)
Zahkir

Clan of War (CoW)
Cthulhu (552)
Bezetta (1500)
Daarth (644)
Apollo (269)
Zer (215) (Total: 3180)

Subs:
Zenfalcon (528 )
Kalessin (532)
Impetus (522)

Brothers of Steel
[B.o.S]

Speed-Legend (996)
M i K e L (1228 )
Beatrice (394)
Gumis (711)
Maze (456) (total: 3785)

Subs:

Category: Championship (1501 - 2800)

BLoody Jam (BJ)
Hamstergod (704)
Rolikhus (700)
Birdy (397)
Talounet (239)
Bootsybaby (531)

Subs:
Cardatiant (184)
NouveauNosferatu (672)
Ploper (172)

The Muppets (Mup)
Floydster
Cazzac
Faquarl
Evildead
Chopski

Subs:
Nosforano
Scrapps
Valdmere

SeXbox (SeXbox)
Deathjam (243)
bensux (158 )
bighead (357)
Raziel666 (340)
Bebbsy (494)

Subs:

Category: League 1 (801 - 1500)

Wiseguys (WG)
Kherat (396)
Lako (390)
Rekinek (166)
Stoned (137)
Guferrr (89)

Subs:

TotalEpicFail (TEF)
Swiftdeath
Nemoralis
Demandred
Cursecaster
Evilooter (Total: 1499)

Subs:
PhuctiphinO
TheDestroyer
Bodkin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 30 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 06-09-2009 13:17.

05-15-2009 13:32 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
floydster
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-342.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS/V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes me me me. about time we had some fun Smile

Edit: I think you might need to add another cat or extend the last one as there are a few people that are over 1500 points so that would mean they cant join in.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by floydster: 05-15-2009 14:01.

05-15-2009 13:46 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i want in on this fun too Big Grin

05-15-2009 13:53 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Il see if i can get some mates together Smile can it just be 5 mates and not 5 members of a clan as 5 members of bos is a bit extreme Wink

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-15-2009 13:59 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

Thats the point - it can be any 5 people from any clan - it is just a temporary joining of forces to win a competition. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-15-2009 14:03 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
floydster
Forum Ace

is just the 5 members that r in the seige that have to make up the points or all 8?

5 people at 80 points each = 400 + 3 subs at 80 points each so in the seige there will never be more than 400 points

or

8 people at 50 points each = 400 but only 5 in the seige.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by floydster: 05-15-2009 14:21.

05-15-2009 14:18 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
NateDogg
unregistered

quote:

Also - some techincal thoughts already - people may go up enough points over a 4 week period to move them into the next category.... hmm, maybe need to include a bit of give & take for this - shouldn't think it will make a huge difference?

im replying without having read the whole topic so i appoligse if this has already been said.

Anyway to cover this point, I would say if your clan falls into a category for the start of 1st siege, they belong in that category for the rest of the 4 weeks, because well as you say people can advance daily and it can be enough to push someone into a new category. the only problem i can see of here, is when your in category 4 and you go over 1500 points what happens then?

also its very unlikely that only 1 clan from each category would progress. Especially if you have 3-8 players who daily progress 5000 POP

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NateDogg: 05-15-2009 14:22.

05-15-2009 14:20
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by floydster
is just the 5 members that r in the seige that have to make up the points or all 8?

I would say the 5 who are taking part in the siege - but the subs must be of equal points, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by NateDogg
the only problem i can see of here, is when your in category 4 and you go over 1500 points what happens then?

Maybe we start a "Super-league" Tongue - good point though, maybe the upper limit of that category could be higher; we could include a 50 point buffer zone?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-15-2009 14:25 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
NateDogg
unregistered

I think just a bit of fine tuning on the categories would work well enough.

something like the following might work (this is example only, i'm not trying to take over the idea), but to be honest your not really going to know if the categories are ok until at least one league has been ran.

Premier Category: 3001 - 5000
Championship Category: 2001 - 3000
Category 1: 1001 - 2000
Category 2: 501 - 1000
Category 3: 0 - 500

----------

Also on a seperate not i had an idea on individual players who can't follow rules, for example 5 man team, 4 people follow rules, and 1 of them decides to pound on the opponents to force a tactical win on his side, the other 4 could not be aware of this and banning the clan would maybe seen as a pain, how about red carding the player, so they are banned from the next siege? You could count the banning as part of the same game, so red card means your off and you have to play the siege with 4 people.

Obviously there are lots of things you could inject into this league idea to improve on it later.
05-15-2009 15:08
Cthulhu
Viking

Hehe - I like the red card idea! - I will add that to the rules later.
But I still think the clan should forfeit the win - I mean, being part a clan means you are meant to follow the rules of the leader, and if he can't keep his players in check then it reflects bad on the whole clan - don't you think?

Re: the categories - I see where you are coming from, but maybe that makes them a little broad? 0-500 is a big ask - you have a 5 x 40 pointers in there against 5 x 100 pointers, they probably won't stand a chance??

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-15-2009 15:16 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-15-2008
Clan: Boot Camp

wow i really like this idea!

id love to take part.

If i ever manage to rack up 8 players my level or get included in a clan arranged 1, ill give you guys a shout ^^

Ingame Underworld: Oh_Teh_Noes
Ingame Necropolis: Cubic

05-15-2009 15:22 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
NateDogg
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Hehe - I like the red card idea! - I will add that to the rules later.
But I still think the clan should forfeit the win - I mean, being part a clan means you are meant to follow the rules of the leader, and if he can't keep his players in check then it reflects bad on the whole clan - don't you think?

In theory yes, but you can't say it wouldn't happen so i think it would be unfair to give the win to the opponents on the basis of 1 player, and as you said it could contain 5 people from all mannere of clans. Not saying this would happen, but whats stopping the friend of the leading 5 man clan getting someone to join other clan to make then loose every match by disobeying rules. etc

quote:
Re: the categories - I see where you are coming from, but maybe that makes them a little broad? 0-500 is a big ask - you have a 5 x 40 pointers in there against 5 x 100 pointers, they probably won't stand a chance??

yea, totally, which is why i said 'Example' lol, but i guess add a few extra categories. maybe more combining your lower leagues with a more high leagues. as an example lol:

Premier Category: 2801 - 5000
Championship Category: 1501 - 2800
Category 1: 801 - 1500
Category 2: 501 - 800
Category 3: 201 - 500
Category 4 - 0 to 200

its certainly very very tweak-able, but as i mentioned before i think once you've done one league you'll find what worked well and what didn't etc, etc

Keep up the good ideas, though Wink

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by NateDogg: 05-15-2009 15:28.

05-15-2009 15:27
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

Same here C. great idea hope I get in your team if not then Tongue I'll create my own Big Grin either way I wanna be a part of this Wink

05-15-2009 15:36 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Clan: BoS

Well if I want to join in me alone puts me into Category one and with 7 others...

PS And I do want to Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 05-15-2009 15:37.

05-15-2009 15:37 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008

Sticked

05-15-2009 15:38 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Clan: OMFG

whats to stop 1 large player joining with tiny players?
that could make a fairly low cat team, where one person was always untouchable

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

05-15-2009 15:43 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
NateDogg
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Pleb

don't give out your tactics, lol
05-15-2009 15:46
floydster
Forum Ace

I like the red card idea rather than losing the points they do the next seige with only 4 people so that would make it harder for them to win the next seige. or if the winning team gets a red card the points are then split between both teams and the red card team does next seige with 4 people.
05-15-2009 15:47 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Clan: Source/TFE

how about an ultimatum like the team can choose to pay X ammount of points to resind the red card or they can suck it up and play with 1 less player and risk missing out on points Wink

05-15-2009 15:49 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by NateDogg
quote:
Originally posted by Pleb

don't give out your tactics, lol

so that would be allowed?

05-15-2009 16:02 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-30-2008

pleb so long as your 5 people dont exceed the total point cap for the category you wish to enter any combination of points is possible be it 5x100 point players or 1x496 point player + 4x1 point players Wink

05-15-2009 16:08 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

LoL - good response so far - hopefully some of the other clans will start get interested? Anyone from DB wanna throw in a team - Bezetta, you're profile says you want something to spark more interest in the game....

Or BoS, you're looking for new recruits at the moment aren't you? This could be a good way to find some people from other clans & see how good they play?

BCR - Xyr & Belfegor - you guys have got two clans - mix & match a team?

Dark, Coven, Clockers, End, or HLL & AAA - ooh how about a combined French team! Big Grin

Come on, there must be lots of people in small clans you would like to team up with some of the bigger players from other clans & have some fun - thats the joy of this idea - you don't have to be in the same clan already - just pcik someone from the rankings & ask them if they are interested! Smile

Also - included the red card rule, because it is such a good one.

@Nate, I think you're right, we need to trial the categories, then we will see how it stands up, and tweek it after the first competition. It may be that it doesn't work at all, and we have to have a complete re-think... that part of the structure is definitely the weakest part. Thanks for the suggestion. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-15-2009 17:25 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Well if we enters I am not sure if we fit even into your premier category Wink

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
05-15-2009 18:29 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pleb
Forum Ace

he has a point, maybe add a goliath catergory Tongue
for up to uhrmm i dont know 15k points, thats for the 8 members, thats enough Tongue
also seems slightly useable

05-15-2009 18:56 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Well so far i have me and maze from bos Smile just need 3 more slightly smaller people Smile and some subs and were good to go Smile

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-15-2009 19:02 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Registration Date: 12-13-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis

You will if you split up, and thats the whole point. There would be no point, having Diablo, Tiger, Bazetta, Nate and Vlade in a clan as they would just Destroy the opposition. None of the Big boys have reached 5000 points yet Wink
05-15-2009 19:09 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Im defo up for this, good stuff Cthulhu Big Grin
05-15-2009 19:34 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
NateDogg
unregistered

quote:
@Nate, I think you're right, we need to trial the categories, then we will see how it stands up, and tweek it after the first competition. It may be that it doesn't work at all, and we have to have a complete re-think... that part of the structure is definitely the weakest part. Thanks for the suggestion. Wink

as a quick follow up, maybe if you set some king of deadline to let people get teams in order, and when people say what league they are going for you can then do a re-shuffle, what i mean is if you have no-one in league 4 and 3, whats the point in having them, ditch them and make league 2 start from zero.

anyway i've interfered enough i think lmao. i go before you tell me to bleep-off
05-15-2009 19:54
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Nayrlien
quote:

You will if you split up, and thats the whole point. There would be no point, having Diablo, Tiger, Bazetta, Nate and Vlade in a clan as they would just Destroy the opposition. None of the Big boys have reached 5000 points yet Wink

Hey! you forgot Blodsugare and me, now i feel offended. And hurt

Anyway this suggestion sounds really fun. I would participate, even if it meant i would loose some honour.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 05-15-2009 19:59.

05-15-2009 19:57 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

Could have a 'World Cup' Feature too. A knock-out tournament.

People organise teams to represent countries, with a point cap limit and each person has to be from that country.

Granted it might only be 'quarter-finals' as there are limited countries represented in Underworld, but would be interesting.
05-15-2009 20:17 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

Hmm, i don't really see the point in bring nationality into this. My BW friends are polish, english and whatever country it is Diablo and Mortis are from Smile

Actually i think representing my country, Denmark, would be a problem Roll Eyes

05-15-2009 20:25 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
quote:
Originally posted by Nayrlien
quote:

Hey! you forgot Blodsugare and me, now i feel offended. And hurt

Anyway this suggestion sounds really fun. I would participate, even if it meant i would loose some honour.

lol he/she jus didnt want to state the obvious Tongue

and by the way does the 5-8 player have to be from the original clan?

05-15-2009 20:30 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Hmm, i don't really see the point in bring nationality into this. My BW friends are polish, english and whatever country it is Diablo and Mortis are from Smile

Actually i think representing my country, Denmark, would be a problem Roll Eyes

Nothing like a bit of friendly patriotism to liven things up ;-)

And yeah, like i said, there wouldnt be many countries represented so it'd be a small knockout tournament, just a thought.

Loving the league idea btw Cthulhu
05-15-2009 20:35 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Crying I feel hurt. It's Slovakia dooz, you should remember after 2 years of playing with us Wink

btw red carded ones could be replaced by 1 of the substitute

05-15-2009 22:02 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pleb
Forum Ace

quote:
Crying I feel hurt. It's Slovakia dooz, you should remember after 2 years of playing with us Wink

btw red carded ones could be replaced by 1 of the substitute

i dont feel that's right, if red card is punishment, why should you just be able to flick it away
if you can swap out red carded players, then there is no point in the cards

05-15-2009 22:05 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Red card is punishment for the player breaking the rules, if it's only his/her fault why to punish whole team?

05-15-2009 22:10 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008

quote:
Red card is punishment for the player breaking the rules, if it's only his/her fault why to punish whole team?

I think it works the same as in football Mortis. If a player is Red Carded, the team is down to 10 men.

05-15-2009 22:11 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
floydster
Forum Ace

yeah i agree if u get a red card the hole team should be punished. u play as a team win as a team lose as a team and get punished as a team. its down to the team to make sure the team plays by the rules
05-15-2009 22:22 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
quote:

I think it works the same as in football Mortis. If a player is Red Carded, the team is down to 10 men.

Yep - that's the way I understood it from what NateD wrote - and that's what I think would work well. I know the whole team may not be to blame, but that's the point of the penalty - if someone acts like a dick & breaks the rules, the whole team takes the punishment - besides, its only for one siege - then they go back to 5 players. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Minshres.
and by the way does the 5-8 player have to be from the original clan?

No - as I said earlier - the point of this is to help get people away from just sticking to their regular clans.
EXAMPLE - I start a team; I choose - me (Source), Nayrlien (V13), Anubis (DB), Belfegor (BCR), Gumis (BoS), & SilverTitch (Clockers) (+3 subs). We all get together in a clan called "Example Clan", for 2 days do a siege or maybe 2, then go back to our home clans until the next wekk, when we do the same thing. The only thing that stays the same each week is our team, and the clan name........ its kind of like a Sunday league football team! Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by NateDogg.
anyway i've interfered enough i think lmao. i go before you tell me to bleep-off

LoL - dude, the days of telling you to "bleep-off" are well gone - your suggestion so far has been the most influential. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu.
Could have a 'World Cup' Feature too. A knock-out tournament.

LoL - one thing at a time - we haven't even got a 5-a-side league off the ground yet! Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-15-2009 22:36 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Foxy4

images/avatars/avatar-499.jpg

Registration Date: 05-15-2009
Clan: LIG + SOT

I'd love to try this, i wonder if Ringham will join me, this is 4 Underworld right, i to retarded to know, plz tell

05-15-2009 22:37 Foxy4 is offline Search for Posts by Foxy4 Add Foxy4 to your Buddy List
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » BW 5-a-side competition

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH