Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Assassin or Berserker.What should I do? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Assassin or Berserker.What should I do?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Assassin or Berserker.What should I do? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have been thinking about it all the time ,one day I want to change my tattoo to Berserker, other day I want to stay assassin...
So now I don't have any idea what I want

When im using my two 1handed melee weapons I have:

DAMAGE
2× 91 - 92
2× 100 - 151

STRENGTH 66
AGILITY 163

+Tattoo
chance for critical hit +30 %
ignores 20 % of your opponent`s defence
all weapons damage +11

+EQ
chance for critical hit +12 %
all weapons damage +7

but with berserker I wouldn't have 30% critical bonus and 20% ignore but i would have 1 more hit with each weapon + I could use my 2hander

Light Scythe of Vengeance (+5)

Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 76 - 135
Effects: Chance to hit -8, attacks per round: 2, AGILITY +19, weapon damage +34, items defence = 0

(When its on)
DAMAGE
2× 149 - 208 Light Scythe of Vengeance (+5)
STRENGTH 66
AGILITY 135

So tell me , will I stay Assassin or I go Berserker mode (ofc when I get myself a premium somehow)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Bat: 05-18-2009 23:57.

05-18-2009 23:49 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-15-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Boot Camp

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Scythes have wicked sick damage.

Id go for that option, extra attacks would do you well.

Ingame Underworld: Oh_Teh_Noes
Ingame Necropolis: Cubic

05-18-2009 23:54 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My humble opinion as a reasonably high assassin is stay as assassin . . .
Reason 1
general rule of thumb . . . A berserk has lower agility than an assassin due to the need of suicide weapons . . . Unless you went tigers you would have trouble keeping up unless you went predominantly 2h . . .

assassins are much better for higher mobs due to the ignore defence and use of guns from your tattoo

yes berserkers get the extra attack but what does that mean if you cant hit the damn monster or when you do its defence is so high you hit for 1 damage?

my advice is unless you can get suffixed tigers set with a negative defence stay assassin

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-19-2009 00:26 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

quote:
Originally posted by UG3
My humble opinion as a reasonably high assassin is stay as assassin . . .
Reason 1
general rule of thumb . . . A berserk has lower agility than an assassin due to the need of suicide weapons . . . Unless you went tigers you would have trouble keeping up unless you went predominantly 2h . . .

assassins are much better for higher mobs due to the ignore defence and use of guns from your tattoo

yes berserkers get the extra attack but what does that mean if you cant hit the damn monster or when you do its defence is so high you hit for 1 damage?

my advice is unless you can get suffixed tigers set with a negative defence stay assassin

in low lvl yes the suicide will bring u down but when u are high lvl u will be better then assasin :/ in ambush and siege and against some mobs Wink other wise zerker and assasin are quite same ish... hummm...

05-19-2009 07:58 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
rohlikus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-22-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: HLL

I agree with minshres.... zerker is great in ambushes against high charisma equips Smile

I am assasin for soo long and also i am still thinking about changing into zerker...
On lower level assasin is better but when u reach some level it is better to go for zerker i think...better to get additional attack and u ll be able to use two handed weapon..

But as for u it is better to stay assasin i think...
05-19-2009 09:11 rohlikus is offline Search for Posts by rohlikus Add rohlikus to your Buddy List Add rohlikus to your Contact List
Bat
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Bat

if id change into zerker i'd ofc would have to get myself some better 2h ,maybe something legendary or why ppl see that im better off as a assassin Tongue

05-19-2009 10:22 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

I agree with your points about the berserk tattoo as i have looked at it and am planning to change . . .

but at low level it is hard to keep up with assassins of the same level . . . . Stay assassin and keep building your equipment if you really want to go zerker in the future its what im doin Wink

quote:

Smile

05-19-2009 10:25 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
rohlikus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-22-2008
Clan: HLL

great points UG3...i agreeSmile i am also changing soon to zerker Smile

BAT..keep building your character and later u should change your char into zerker...better to be assasin nowSmile Smile
05-19-2009 10:33 rohlikus is offline Search for Posts by rohlikus Add rohlikus to your Buddy List Add rohlikus to your Contact List
Bat
Double Ace

did i told im lvl 56 already ? Tongue , on what lvl you recommend me to change it Tongue

05-19-2009 10:53 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

At the level when you buy / find Legendary Vengeance or Suicide 2h.

In my opinion i'd go for Berserker.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 05-19-2009 11:17.

05-19-2009 11:17 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Its not a case of what level . . . If i had the right equip i would have started as a zerk . . . Its all about when it is viable for you to do so and still keep up with your competition . . .
At my level i have one of the highest agilities around me but if i had to use a suicide weapon i would lose a good 15~25 agility . . . Change when you can keep up is what im saying . . .

btw decent suicide weapons take alot of intel and kno so if your sure you want to end up as a zerk i would start taking them up now Wink

quote:

Smile

05-19-2009 11:38 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

suicide will be against u right now but when u reach certain lvl as a assasin u will have to start worring about defense i think.. but as a zerk the suicide will favour on ur side as defense is no problem Wink

and u are better of as assain cause u are doing alright with ur current set up Wink and at low lvl u will have to have ignore defense to deal some damage against mobs right...

so dun worry about chaging tattoo yet... when the time comes u will find out urself, like magic Tongue

05-19-2009 12:08 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Assassins defence at high levels aint that hard to deal with Wink trust me my setup atm is pretty much sorted . . . .
But i do agree life at higher levels is quite simple as a zerk for now stick as assassin and you'l find that your damage in expo's rivals and can quite easily beat the damage of similer leveled zerkers. . . As a matter of interest what race are you ?

quote:

Smile

05-19-2009 12:14 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

zerker tats are really easy to use i love them...

my advice would be don't go zerker until you have the stuff... or the requirements to wear them at good+ because i found that the weapons are hard to wear if you don't have much knowledge and intel *which i found out the hard way Wink *

its all good... i like being a zerker the extra attacks and the weapon damage....
you don't have any defense but your damage makes up for that Big Grin

and if a Light Scythe of Vengeance (+5) comes an auction watch out Wink i'll be in a bidding war with you mmwwaaahahaha Wink

but yeah i don't really know what to say.... UG said for me to give me opinion .... so yeah if you have the stats and the weapons then do it Wink its well worth it Big Grin

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

05-19-2009 12:32 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

he already has light syth of veng. and that is not a gd weapon :/ u HAVE to have a murderous or radiating (2handed weapon) of veng/suicide. unless legendary.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by minshres: 05-19-2009 19:29.

05-19-2009 18:08 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Bat
Double Ace

well 90-95% of this game time here i have used suicide 1 hand weapons so for example i got INTELLIGENCE 46 KNOWLEDGE 45 anyways so that shouldn't be that big problem Tongue

<<<
EDIT: Some1 was wondering my race, its written behind my name Tongue

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Bat: 05-19-2009 21:06.

05-19-2009 19:25 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

the extra attack can make a big differnet though and sucide give masive max damnge
i can have about 10 -15 less agilty and still inflict a fair bit if i had suicde wepon i could luck out and get a good crital
also you could do the kilt option cause it gives extra damnge but extra defence
05-19-2009 23:50 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

it is really good .... but i still need to get mine higher Wink haha .... i'd defo think about changing.... with assassin someone told me that at some point in time you'll have to get a weapon with items defense = 0 on it to meet the requirements of the tattoo.... i dunno if thats true Big Grin but still....

look how great cesarz waz with it Wink haha and look where that boys at Wink haha .... omg change to zerker .... LET THERE BE MORE ZERKERS ON THE SERVER \0/

haha love B x

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

05-20-2009 00:31 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

one thing more , zerker has better chances to kill some1 quicker, its not 100% sure but with assassin it takes time ...i mean ,u can deliver more dmg with short time it ur a little lucky zerker boy

05-21-2009 20:01 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Id love a little lucky zerker boy to try and kill something they cant hit Wink

its a great tattoo if you can keep up with assassins around your level . . .

i agree that they do loads of damage but in my opinion assassin is much better at your level Smile

quote:

Smile

05-21-2009 20:46 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

UNLESS UG the Zerker has a legendary murderous/antique/light mace of suicide.... high agility and 25% chance to hit.

Stay assassin until you can get a decent legenadry 2H weapon,. I've seen your damage Bat

Your imperfection.
05-22-2009 01:46 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

So i'm berserker now and quite happy with it , most of the legen~ 2h gunners have stoped trying to farm me Big Grin

Using :

Legendary Good Mace of Vengeance (+3) CLOSE

Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 78 - 103
Effects: Chance to hit -28, attacks per round: 2, weapon damage +40, items defence = 0, chance for critical hit +25 %, chance to hit increased by 25 %
Requirements: LEVEL: 35, STRENGTH: 48, INTELLIGENCE: 10, KNOWLEDGE: 10, AGILITY: 24, Your character must be in act: 2

Well its not the best one but well does it job Smile

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a6d8985d28

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Bat: 07-31-2009 07:49.

07-31-2009 07:48 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Shadow_Blade

images/avatars/avatar-544.gif

Registration Date: 07-20-2009
Clan: D.B.

RE: Assassin or Berserker.What should I do? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd stick with Assassin. There is too much hassle when changing tatoo...you have to pay using days of premium...you lose all stones etc...

Reborn, i will rise again.

07-31-2009 18:15 Shadow_Blade is offline Search for Posts by Shadow_Blade Add Shadow_Blade to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Being berserker ill earn back 4bs, 4hs, 4ls, 4bs, 4ss in no time Big Grin
Having 2 different eqs will cost you more

08-02-2009 10:38 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

as an assassin i only have 1 eq.....

i sold my gunner gear for 7 ss and focused on melee

the ignore defence really helps with mobs...

zerker is a very nice tattoo but i think ill stay assassin Smile

quote:

Smile

08-02-2009 20:50 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Assassin or Berserker.What should I do?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH