Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Necropolis Absorber: Ranged or Guns? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Absorber: Ranged or Guns?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rahulc

Registration Date: 05-24-2009

Absorber: Ranged or Guns? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have a level 17 absorber, I personally picked the race for several reasons, but overall, I like it so plan on sticking with it.

So, my stats are currently close to perception (1Cool , agility (17) and knowledge (20), so I still have some flexibility on what I want to stress on more.

With two Good Magnums, I seem to be dominating my opposition; I can take down people several levels above me, especially ranged and melee (have some trouble with Gunfighters with equally good guns or better).

What, in your opinion, is the better weapon mid-game and late-game?
2h guns?
1h gun?
ranged?
05-25-2009 22:02 rahulc is offline Search for Posts by rahulc Add rahulc to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

opps didn't see it was necropolis Frown i hope no one read it Tongue

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by PureDoom01: 05-25-2009 22:20.

05-25-2009 22:14 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
oh_teh_noes
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-15-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Boot Camp

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oops, i also didnt see it was necro.
Absorbers may have it harder to start off with, as when u finally rack up some blood, its all but useless to do anything in attacks.

On r2 i am thoughtcatcher, which gives me a bonus in attack and def if i happen to have some blood. Absorbers would just waste blood if their opponent does not use it.

Later in the game, act 2 arcana may be useful.
If you plan ahead, look at races for the act 2 arcana.

As for guns/range/melee, it really doesnt matter. Any items can be bought to give you the best setup, but I suggest u look at your good quest drops and form your attack strategy from that.

For example, i found a decent levitation neckpiece, and some good weapons. from that u can just buy everything inbetween and make a killer setup.

If you find hawks, solar etc, that would suggest u should become range/gunner.

Basically, if u wanted u could sell everything and change from guns to melee or whatever overnight. So i dont really think theres much advice to give on the 3 attack styles besides find 1 that works and stick to it ^^

Also, i wouldnt discount mélee. mélee works well if you have the right gear.

http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f30b20c09a

http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=e5332a6d67

Edits for punctuation etc.

Ingame Underworld: Oh_Teh_Noes
Ingame Necropolis: Cubic

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by oh_teh_noes: 05-25-2009 22:28.

05-25-2009 22:21 oh_teh_noes is offline Search for Posts by oh_teh_noes Add oh_teh_noes to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Necropolis Absorber: Ranged or Guns?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH