Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Complaints » Complaints - R1 Underworld » Flashing profile picture » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Flashing profile picture
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Flashing profile picture Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Miko's profile picture flashes a heck of a lot, i'm just worried it may cause a fit of some kind like an epileptic one. I don't have epilepsy but there are probably some people who play this that do.

Could you remove it please?

Miko
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?a=profile&uid=18686

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Unholy Emperor: 05-26-2009 23:48.

05-26-2009 23:47 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
C47
Super Operator

images/avatars/avatar-1119.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you can block it in your browser
it will not be removed

Do not disturb unless the problem is serious
-----
Sorry, not v.good in english.
05-27-2009 00:16 C47 is offline Homepage of C47 Search for Posts by C47 Add C47 to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Thread Starter Thread Started by Unholy Emperor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

its a serious risk though.

you can die from an epileptic fit, and i don't think szejez (however its spelt) would want to hear that a kid/adult has died from viewing a profile picture on bloodwars.

you may think i'm over reacting but i knew someone who had a nasty car crash due to a epileptic fit. she hadn't been diagnosed with epilepsy before but as she was travelling in her car she drove past a fence, and with the sun just behind the fence, it created a flashing sensation and that caused her to crash.

all i am saying is that its incredibly dangerous/stupid to have any flashing images on or in a globally-played website/game.

05-27-2009 17:38 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
C47
Super Operator

images/avatars/avatar-1119.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

I think that image is too small to cause an epilepsy, and you see it for just a short moment

and from rules and regulations...

§12 Possible health damage warning

BloodWars warns that excessive usage of computer games, especially for people suffering from epilepsy, may be harmful to health

If in your intimate or distant family cases of epilepsy have appeared we strongly recommend to consult your doctor before registration.

It is advised that children should use the computer in care of an adult.

When any of the following symptoms (or any other worrying symptom) occur while using the computer turn it off immediately and call a doctor.
Symptoms list:
- suffocation,
- vision disorder,
- convulsions,
- loss of consciousness ,
- difficulty with keeping balance, labyrinth disorder.

Do not disturb unless the problem is serious
-----
Sorry, not v.good in english.
05-28-2009 10:32 C47 is offline Homepage of C47 Search for Posts by C47 Add C47 to your Buddy List
GRIPHOOK

Registration Date: 11-14-2008
Race in game: Absorber

I think it should NOT be removed as i have epilepsy and it isnt doing me any harm.

I can have a fit over a strobe light but his picture is awesome but it isnt doing me any harm.

05-28-2009 19:47 GRIPHOOK is offline Search for Posts by GRIPHOOK Add GRIPHOOK to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GRIPHOOK
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Complaints » Complaints - R1 Underworld » Flashing profile picture

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH