Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » ps3 or xbox 360 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: XBox 360 vs Ps3
Xbox 360 32 44.44%
Ps3 32 44.44%
Dont Care 8 11.11%
Total: 72 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page ps3 or xbox 360
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan
Raxis, i refer u to artoirs post Tongue

Its advanced, but doesnt seem like it will be the hardest thing to run, lots of variables.. about it? If it was really hard to run, it wouldnt be on a console!! Smile

Edit:
PS3 is better for graphics, controllers, movies, gameplay, home, live tv, streaming, more addon content, more indie games, large list of downloadable games

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 06-07-2009 09:26.

06-07-2009 09:26 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Kurosaki-Ichigo

Registration Date: 06-08-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Night!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And on one note quickly here.
you say the PS3 is more expensive.
We get the internet free =D
Xbox people have to pay for it
So in the long run the xbox overall becomes more expensive
so thats minus that con =D

06-07-2009 10:01 Kurosaki-Ichigo is offline Search for Posts by Kurosaki-Ichigo Add Kurosaki-Ichigo to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

So far Ps3 is winning YaY Smile

Ive noticed that everyone who has both says PS3 is better, and its the people with only a 360 say its the best (kus they would know 'I played my friends' ¬_¬)

The biggest Con for ps3 is our friends being on xbox, but there seems to be a lot of people on it here, whats you psn? Mines

BraindeadEmperor

Edit:

Got an email - http://newsletters.eu.playstation.com/Ju...id=EMAIL-110484

Another exlusive?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 06-07-2009 10:35.

06-07-2009 10:20 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

360 ftw \0/

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

06-07-2009 15:11 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
DeathMagick

Registration Date: 04-14-2008
Race in game: Cultist

quote:
Edit:
PS3 is better for graphics, controllers, movies, gameplay, home, live tv, streaming, more addon content, more indie games, large list of downloadable games

LOL, wrong again demondude, the graphics are roughly the same, check any magazine or website and you will see that, to say that the controller is better is stupid as that is personal preferance, I prefer the 360 controller that doesn't mean it is better, better movies LMAO, no the 360 has a lot more films available for download, gameplay again is personal preferance, 360 is better for certain types of games like fps as ps3 is better for srpgs etc. Home is crap and pointless, and seriously more add on content, no chance the 360 has a lot more add-on content, shivering isles by itself is enough to prove this point, but there is also stuff like gta4 latd, fallout 3 add ons and mass effect add ons etc, what do you mean by indie games? and the 360 has better downloadable games and thats not even counting arcade

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DeathMagick: 06-07-2009 16:09.

06-07-2009 16:01 DeathMagick is offline Search for Posts by DeathMagick Add DeathMagick to your Buddy List
Kurosaki-Ichigo

Demon dude i think i already added you cause i think i have someone under that name >.>
My psn Ronoculas

06-07-2009 16:07 Kurosaki-Ichigo is offline Search for Posts by Kurosaki-Ichigo Add Kurosaki-Ichigo to your Buddy List
deathfromabove1

Registration Date: 06-02-2009
Clan: no clan

Thread Starter Thread Started by deathfromabove1

thats true wa he sed about we dnt need to pay for our internet so its cheaper

goooooooooo ps33333333
06-07-2009 16:29 deathfromabove1 is offline Search for Posts by deathfromabove1 Add deathfromabove1 to your Buddy List
DeathMagick

Registration Date: 04-14-2008

yes its cheaper but its an inferior service, I would prefer to pay for quality

06-07-2009 16:46 DeathMagick is offline Search for Posts by DeathMagick Add DeathMagick to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by DeathMagick
quote:
Edit:

LOL, wrong again demondude, the graphics are roughly the same, check any magazine or website and you will see that, to say that the controller is better is stupid as that is personal preferance, I prefer the 360 controller that doesn't mean it is better, better movies LMAO, no the 360 has a lot more films available for download, gameplay again is personal preferance, 360 is better for certain types of games like fps as ps3 is better for srpgs etc. Home is crap and pointless, and seriously more add on content, no chance the 360 has a lot more add-on content, shivering isles by itself is enough to prove this point, but there is also stuff like gta4 latd, fallout 3 add ons and mass effect add ons etc, what do you mean by indie games? and the 360 has better downloadable games and thats not even counting arcade

All eldar scrolls versions are on ps3??
The XBOX isnt better for fps. I am refering to the new dual shock controller, not the one sold with the box
I meant blue ray, of course they both play all normal movies? And ps3 has a HUGE list of downloadable movies>
Home has money prizes, games, trophy halls, video rooms (for your game captures etc), cinema movies (HUGE list) etc built in. Basically a gamers wet dream?? U wudnt know kus u dont have it, dont go and diss it without giving it a PROPER try, dont bother saying 'i tried it at my cousins' lol

Does have better fallout content.. and i dont think mass efefct is on ps3, but i could be wrong?

Indie games are basically your arcade, ecept we have better quality versions

06-07-2009 16:52 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

360 has better games, and at the end of the day the point of a GAMES console is to play games Tongue

If i want to watch a movie - dvd player

Want to go onto internet - Computer
06-07-2009 17:05 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Clan: OMFG

quote:
360 has better games, and at the end of the day the point of a GAMES console is to play games Tongue

i do believe you've got it in one there

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

06-07-2009 18:27 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Kurosaki-Ichigo

he is right except for one bit...
360 doesnt have better games xD
but that is a matter of opinion cause you always say Halo this halo that
In my opinion halo is one of the worst games i have ever played

06-07-2009 18:49 Kurosaki-Ichigo is offline Search for Posts by Kurosaki-Ichigo Add Kurosaki-Ichigo to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Apart from halo xbox has better games and a larger selection.

You say resistance...gears is better etc...

Dont get me wrong, ps3 is good, but it really lacks strong titles although its starting to pick up the pace
06-07-2009 19:05 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:

So u wana buy a blue ray dvd player, a computer and 360? And u said cheapness was a good point of the 360 lmao (and thats only the core package thast cheap)
Oh and its not called a games console, they were both advertised as media centres.

BASICALLY
  • 360 currently has a better online community (not by far though)
  • As a media centre, you have to admit the PS3 is better
  • They are even in terms of games / controllers
  • They both have their pros and cons in terms of content, neither has anything to push it into a winning position

06-07-2009 19:10 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

I cant agree with that Tongue

Seriously, can some1 name the best games on the ps3 that are equal to or beat the best xbox exclusives?

Until then i refuse to say ps3 is better
06-07-2009 19:12 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

quote:
I cant agree with that Tongue

Seriously, can some1 name the best games on the ps3 that are equal to or beat the best xbox exclusives?

Until then i refuse to say ps3 is better

God of war?

xbox fanboy myself here, before i get the official slap of dissaproval

06-07-2009 19:22 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
deathfromabove1

hi Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

saints row 2 and cod4 and 5 own any game on xbox except gears of war
06-07-2009 19:33 deathfromabove1 is offline Search for Posts by deathfromabove1 Add deathfromabove1 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Saints row 2 came out on xbox 1st and the 1st saints row is an xbox exclusive as far as i know

And both cod games are multi format and on xbox Tongue
06-07-2009 19:41 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

What's all the arguement for? I don't understand why there is so much conflict. They are games consoles, go play and stop moaning about what other people have got.

Everybody argues about it and it's really annoying... I don't see the point.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
06-07-2009 19:50 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Its a discussion not an arguement. If offtopici sn't for meaningless discussions then what is it for? Tongue
06-07-2009 19:59 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

@aud failing at typing simple words clearly.

how about we all agree, they're both BAD, and a much better console than both of the consoles in question is the Atari PONG

aha i r remove bad word Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pleb: 06-07-2009 20:08.

06-07-2009 20:03 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

@Pleb

And 2600 ftw Smile
06-07-2009 20:05 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

quote:
@Pleb

And 2600 ftw Smile

@Aud

well i can see some peoples arguments making sense, that they prefer X console over XX but to say that it makes the other console bad is completely wrong Frown

06-07-2009 20:07 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Kurosaki-Ichigo

quote:
360 has better games, and at the end of the day the point of a GAMES console is to play games

alright... so instead of buying a game console, computer and blu-ray player I can buy a PS3 and do all three... granted without keyboard and mouse its difficult
A good exclusive title Aud, one that walks all over any the Xbox has?

Tekken 6, coming out soon

http://ps3people.blogspot.com/2008/03/li...ive-titles.html

EDIT: This is Raxis, I forogt to log out of Kurosaki's forum account :S

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kurosaki-Ichigo: 06-07-2009 20:27.

06-07-2009 20:27 Kurosaki-Ichigo is offline Search for Posts by Kurosaki-Ichigo Add Kurosaki-Ichigo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by Kurosaki-Ichigo
alright... so instead of buying a game console, computer and blu-ray player I can buy a PS3 and do all three... granted without keyboard and mouse its difficult

You know those little USB ports on the front...

You can put a keyboard in! *shock*

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
06-07-2009 20:33 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Kurosaki-Ichigo
quote:
360 has better games, and at the end of the day the point of a GAMES console is to play games

A good exclusive title Aud, one that walks all over any the Xbox has?

Tekken 6, coming out soon

http://ps3people.blogspot.com/2008/03/li...ive-titles.html

EDIT: This is Raxis, I forogt to log out of Kurosaki's forum account :S

Tekken 6 is coming out on xbox >.<'
Rage i know

06-07-2009 20:46 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

was about 2 say that dd lol
06-07-2009 20:52 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:

You know those little USB ports on the front...

You can put a keyboard in! *shock*

I wasn't saying I didn't know how... I was saying I didn't have one spare

though Aud, yo usay about PS3 not having games as good as Xbox... you might want to think about that. What about me, who really I don't like Halo much, I don;t like gears of war... so really what have you got? The whole thing is opinion

Your imperfection.
06-07-2009 20:58 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
deathfromabove1

yer Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

because then we got saints row 2 which is class

is saints row 2 out on xbox?
sum1 message bak helpin me out on tha 1
06-07-2009 21:18 deathfromabove1 is offline Search for Posts by deathfromabove1 Add deathfromabove1 to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

Well for me, all the 360 has that i want to play right now is halo wars and gears 2!

06-07-2009 21:31 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
deathfromabove1

so u dno about saints row 2
06-07-2009 21:38 deathfromabove1 is offline Search for Posts by deathfromabove1 Add deathfromabove1 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

saints row 2 came out on 360 ages ago
06-07-2009 21:51 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Aud I've just had a thought. you keep harping on about the gaming ability. Wel lgaming wasn't the question.

quote:
ok i just want to know

What is better a xbox 360 or a ps3

That was the original question, and since the question does not state specifics it means the media ability of the consoles also comes into it. Thus you've been arguing an invalid point Big Grin

As I've said though, PS3 was myu choice becausew I like it. Also it's easier to fit in my room (No joke it takes less space)

But so long as they both play Guitar Hero Metallica who cares?!

Your imperfection.
06-08-2009 00:35 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Its hardly invalid, u can hardly measure either console and have the media aspects dominate the discussion and both are first and foremost games consoles, regardless of the other media included
06-08-2009 00:46 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Its hardly invalid, u can hardly measure either console and have the media aspects dominate the discussion and both are first and foremost games consoles, regardless of the other media included

Its true raxis, they were built around games, and then other features were added in Smile

I think games should be the focus, but other aspects cannot be forgoten! (spam: yay my cape sold for loads!!)

06-08-2009 08:05 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Except for the fact that Aud was dismissing the other features completely. The lack of validity comes from the fact they aren't solely for gaming, but the arguements he is presenting make it seem so. I

However we won't really know until the prices become matched which one is truly better, though its all opinion. For a lot of people its the controller type that is the decider.

Shame we can't have both in one, and you choose your control type

Your imperfection.
06-08-2009 11:51 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

I wasnt lacking them completly, merely stating that if someone wants to watch a film of surf the net then use a comp/dvd player.

Can anyone honestly say the looked at either console and say, woah, this have a dvd/blue ray player and i can rent movies...must have that.

My point was that it seems ultimatly pointless to compare both and not mention the games and gameplay.

With that said im away to use my ds to listen to music Tongue
06-08-2009 12:23 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis

Can on the pc, i can use a 360 or ps3 controller and i def. prefer the ps3 Smile
Its really good for farcry 2! Amazing game Smile

06-08-2009 12:26 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
quote:
Originally posted by Raxis

Can on the pc, i can use a 360 or ps3 controller and i def. prefer the ps3 Smile
Its really good for farcry 2! Amazing game Smile

Not gunna get into controller types lol all i will say that it has been proven without a doubt that xbox has the better controller

Tested by me Smile
06-08-2009 12:28 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
deathfromabove1

well ps3 costs more people say but u pay for the net and then after bout a year u pay more then us soooooo

ps3 is cheaper

and the games if gears of war 2 was out on ps3 it would be ps3 easy its still ps3 but if it had tha game it would be even better Big Grin
06-08-2009 15:59 deathfromabove1 is offline Search for Posts by deathfromabove1 Add deathfromabove1 to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » ps3 or xbox 360

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH