Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » ps3 or xbox 360 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: XBox 360 vs Ps3
Xbox 360 32 44.44%
Ps3 32 44.44%
Dont Care 8 11.11%
Total: 72 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page ps3 or xbox 360
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
deathfromabove1

Registration Date: 06-02-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: no clan

Smile ps3 or xbox 360 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok i just want to know

What is better a xbox 360 or a ps3
06-04-2009 17:46 deathfromabove1 is offline Search for Posts by deathfromabove1 Add deathfromabove1 to your Buddy List
LightKnight

Registration Date: 05-05-2009
Clan: Sanguine

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I Have Both So Ere The Pro And Cons Of Each

Xbox
Cons
Pay For Internet And Online Multiplayer
Cart View Websites Not Even BW Frown
Onli Can Play Normal Xbox Games With Downloaded Patches

Pros
Wide Selection Of Games
Easy To Play Copied Games
Cheapish
Wide Selection Of Games
Wireless Controlers
Can Play Videos Pictures ANd Music
You can Rent Movies
As A Wide Range Of Downloadable Contents

Ps3

Cons
Not Cheap

Pros
Great Graphics
Wide Selection Of Games
Can Play Ps2 and Ps1 Games
Free Internet
Full Use Of Internet Sites Even BW Smile
Free To Play Multiplayer Online
Slim
Wireless Controllers
Wide Selections Of Games To Purchase On PS Store
Can Play Videos Music N View Pictures

Tbh So Far I Would Pick The PS3 Even Though The Xbox Is Cheaper If You Are Wanting To Play With People Online U Need Ta But Xbox Live Gold Which Will End Up Costing U More Than Buying The Ps3 Also I Will Add More Pros And Cons When I Can Think Of More Anyy Questions Just Ask And I Will Tell U

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by LightKnight: 06-05-2009 13:26.

06-04-2009 18:18 LightKnight is offline Search for Posts by LightKnight Add LightKnight to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Definatly xbox. Ps3 has a terrible games selection apart from a small selection of games.
Xbox has far better exclusives and is better fot online gaming and if i want to go on the internet il use my laptop. As a console xbox is much superior for gaming.

And most ppl dont mind having to pay for gold, especially with the great games on offer
06-04-2009 18:21 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
deathfromabove1

Thread Starter Thread Started by deathfromabove1
thats Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thats a good call i got ps3 but most of my m8s have xbox

so i think ps3
only prob is on ps3 on bw on the net
u cant change ur armory an tha

i think ps3

how i do a poll or do people to for me?
06-04-2009 18:22 deathfromabove1 is offline Search for Posts by deathfromabove1 Add deathfromabove1 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Poll added.

And for GAMING xbox is better Tongue
06-04-2009 18:25 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
LightKnight

Tbh I Think They Are The Same But I Prefer The Ps3 Becuse There Are Games U Can Onli Get For Ps3 And Games You Can Only Get For Xbox And The Problem Is With Xbox Is Wat If You Cart Afford Xbox Live [Gold] Then The Ps3 Is Better And If U Gt A Ps3 If You Can Afford It Have Both Like Me Lol You never Get Bored Plus When The Ps3 Or Xbox Is Updating U Can Go On The Other Lol

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by LightKnight: 06-04-2009 18:28.

06-04-2009 18:27 LightKnight is offline Search for Posts by LightKnight Add LightKnight to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

quote:
Originally posted by AudatiousTitan
Definatly xbox. Ps3 has a terrible games selection apart from a small selection of games.
Xbox has far better exclusives and is better fot online gaming and if i want to go on the internet il use my laptop. As a console xbox is much superior for gaming.

And most ppl dont mind having to pay for gold, especially with the great games on offer

1. XBOX started as a 'Media console', meant for the entire house, just kus the ps3 is better you have compleatly thrown all that away ¬_¬

quote:
Ps3 has a terrible games selection apart from a small selection of games.
- Dying comment, 360 has hardly any exclusives i can think of (and i include the PC as a gaming machine[THE gaming machine])

3. No better exclusives, and the online gameplay is ONLY better for the more ppl. PS3 speed has been buffed up so much recently that if anything, its better now Tongue

4. As a gamer, i have and love both, but i totaly prefer the PS3 because
  • better controllers (thus handeling)
  • in game speed, OFTEN overlooked, google it Smile
  • movie AND game graphics
  • = a better console!!! Tongue

I dont think its without a down side though, the 360's AA is about a million times better. PS3 games take to long to build it significantly well into each game!

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

06-04-2009 19:32 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Sorry, Xbox bloody wrecks the PS3 anyday, everyone knows that Xbox 360 is better for online gaming, and the community is friendly, and also TALKS!!! (most of the time, and sorry, most of the americans i've seen are total a-holes) Unlike when i saw PS3 (i don't know if the PS3 has a talking community anymore, but what the hell, i'm a xbox slave XD)

XBOX FTW!!!

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 06-04-2009 23:24.

06-04-2009 23:18 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Xbox is great, but i have lost my faith in the halo series.

Great selection of games, controller feels much nicer, sits in hand well.

However, this is all personnal preference, theyre practically the same. Internet access as audatious said, can be aquired via a computer. Big Grin

06-04-2009 23:44 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Heh, who said PS3 was more advanced

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8078322.stm

(Courtesy of Chopski Pictures)

06-05-2009 00:14 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
LightKnight

Tbh Thats Amazing Artoir I Will Be Getting It But Stil prefer PS3 Am A Ps Addict Lol I Had All Of Them Smile

06-05-2009 00:21 LightKnight is offline Search for Posts by LightKnight Add LightKnight to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
- Dying comment, 360 has hardly any exclusives i can think of (and i include the PC as a gaming machine[THE gaming machine])

Are u serious?

Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Wars
Gears of War 2
Saints Row (1 and 2)
Infinite Undiscovery
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
Crackdown
Lost Odyssey
Dead Rising
Dead or Alive 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
Fable II

U kno u cant come up with a list of ps3 exclusives better than this Tongue

Xbox came along and crushed sony fan boy dreams by stealing ps3 exclusives such as the final fantasy series and the new metal gear coming to xbox 360
06-05-2009 00:23 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
quote:

Did u not read the last bit?

Halo 3 - PC
Halo 3: ODST - Not released?
Halo Wars - Exclusive -- HOPE to god it will be ported to PC Smile
Gears of War 2 - Exclusive
Saints Row (1 and 2) - 1 = CRAP AND their both on PC
Infinite Undiscovery - Never heard of it
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - Exclusive
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - Splinter cell sucks
Crackdown - Exclusive for start, talk of conversion
Lost Odyssey - Exlusive
Dead Rising - Exlusive, but DR2 is on the pc Big Grin
Dead or Alive 4 - Exlusive (so sad)
Ninja Gaiden 2 - Sucks
Fable II - Exlusive (BEST example imo, the game is pure awsome!)

PS3 exlusives

SOCOM: Confrontation
Time Crisis 4
The Last Guardian
Valkyria Chronicles
Fifth Phantom Saga
God Of War III
Killzone 2
Tears to Tiara (Just a remake though)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
MAG (google this 1, looks great! kinda do wish it Was games for windows lol)
Ni-Oh
Siren: Blood Curse (LOOKS KOOL)
Warhawk

06-05-2009 00:49 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

ff 13 versus is comming to xbox Tongue

and the only game im jelous of there is Valkyria Chronicles, Would be the only reason id get a ps3 along with mgs.

For gaming xbox is much better and u kno it Tongue

And i said console, not machine Tongue
06-05-2009 00:53 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

You cant not compare them together anymore. They arnt JUST consoles, they use keyboards and run other applications now = machine. The day they stopped calling them consoles and started calling them home media systems was a loong time ago. Expecially considering the PC is now combatable with the boxs best games! Smile

PS3 can even run vista lol Smile (dont know why tho.. waste if u ask me)

You will like MAG, Tears to Tiara definatly and mayve Ni-Oh... considering were all playing blood wars you most likely will like siren too Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 06-05-2009 01:02.

06-05-2009 01:02 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

hmm, xbox still owns tho Tongue

and everything is a media center these days, was just pointing out that for gaming xbox far surpasses ps3 Happy

I would have a ps3 now but there just arent enough good games for it yet
06-05-2009 01:12 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

PS3.

This debate constantl;y goes on... but actually for gaming I think the PS3 outstrips the xbox, I also prefer the PS3 controller. Thus for me the PS3 is ideal...

DAMN YOU GUYS GETTING YODA FREE!

Ultimately you go for what you like though.

Eventually there will be one super conole with the power of both...

Your imperfection.
06-05-2009 01:44 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

How so? the reason xbox is better for gaming is because it has better games...and alot more of them. Sony where very slow off the mark, il eventually get a ps3 but not until it has more good games
06-05-2009 02:10 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I agree the game selection is poor overall. but that's not to say it doesn't have it's good titles.

Also I still love my PS1 games, so it was an obvious choice for me

Your imperfection.
06-05-2009 02:13 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
LightKnight

Raxis Can U Remember The Old Crash bandicoots They Wer Amazing Exspesh When U Jumped On That Baby Polar Bear To Gain Lifes

06-05-2009 02:21 LightKnight is offline Search for Posts by LightKnight Add LightKnight to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Play Ps1 Games When You Save U Neeed A Memory Card E.g SD Etc
Not Cheap

You can create them on the system now.

And yes I remember them, I play them

Your imperfection.
06-05-2009 02:54 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by LightKnight
Raxis Can U Remember The Old Crash bandicoots They Wer Amazing Exspesh When U Jumped On That Baby Polar Bear To Gain Lifes

LightKnight one more warning and you're gone, so be a little more careful.

This discussion is about PS3 VS Xbox360, not PS1

06-05-2009 02:59 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
DemonDude2
Lord

Really? I think there is a good selection of games on the PS3!

Disgea 3 is another good game i left out! Smile

06-05-2009 06:45 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by LightKnight
I Have Both So Ere The Pro And Cons Of Each

Xbox
Cons
Pay For Internet And Online Multiplayer
Cart View Websites Not Even BW Frown
Onli Can Play Normal Xbox Games With Downloaded Patches

Pros
Wide Selection Of Games
Easy To Play Copied Games
Cheapish
Wide Selection Of Games
Wireless Controlers
Can Play Videos Pictures ANd Music
You can Rent Movies
As A Wide Range Of Downloadable Contents

Ps3

Cons
To Play Ps1 Games When You Save U Neeed A Memory Card E.g SD Etc

you dont need to. you can set the ps3 to create a virtual memory card Wink

Not Cheap

Pros
Great Graphics
Wide Selection Of Games
Can Play Ps2 and Ps1 Games
Free Internet
Full Use Of Internet Sites Even BW Smile
Free To Play Multiplayer Online
Slim
Wireless Controllers
Wide Selections Of Games To Purchase On PS Store
Can Play Videos Music N View Pictures

Tbh So Far I Would Pick The PS3 Even Though The Xbox Is Cheaper If You Are Wanting To Play With People Online U Need Ta But Xbox Live Gold Which Will End Up Costing U More Than Buying The Ps3 Also I Will Add More Pros And Cons When I Can Think Of More Anyy Questions Just Ask And I Will Tell U

06-05-2009 12:07 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I already said that popeye lol

However that means PS3 has no cons.... though I can think of two

Cost of the console

Fallout 3 isnt as good on PS3

Your imperfection.
06-05-2009 14:05 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
LightKnight

Well I Edited That Out Since Use Dont Think It Was A Problem Smile

06-05-2009 14:06 LightKnight is offline Search for Posts by LightKnight Add LightKnight to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

As an owner of both a 360 elite and PS3;
No comp really... PS3 owns xbox 360
Infact PS1 owns the 360

The only reason XBox/360 is cheap is because they use crap stuff to put them together. hence why they over heat and get ring of death so easy. im on my 4th or 5th now, still on my first PS3 thou... Ring of death is bassicly cheap glue getting to hot and becomeing unstuck.

Halo is the ONLY good thing about xbox. If Halo became avalible for PS3, xbox would go out of buissness.

06-05-2009 17:31 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

PS3 has it's problems (ie. bluetooth won't connect, or the controllers) but it ALWAYS works eventually. From playing an Xbox for only 3 nights I encountered problems.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
06-05-2009 17:35 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad
Halo is the ONLY good thing about xbox. If Halo became avalible for PS3, xbox would go out of buissness.

Not just halo, but its true that if they lost halo, 360 would lose a lot of fans! Smile
quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend
PS3 has it's problems (ie. bluetooth won't connect, or the controllers) but it ALWAYS works eventually. From playing an Xbox for only 3 nights I encountered problems.

Ive never noticed that? Does it still happen or just at the start?

06-05-2009 18:02 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

quote:

NOT TRUE! Halo is ONE, of the few godly things made by the xbox gods, but i've gotta say, if halo came out for PS3, i would quit xbox, (which is the the same as quitting life for me XD)

EDIT: Demondude, your inbox is bloody full, delete something XD

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 06-05-2009 18:24.

06-05-2009 18:08 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
DeathMagick

Registration Date: 04-14-2008
Clan: BK

The ps3 is better in terms of hardware and that is it, the 360 destroys it in terms of software, 360 has more and better games. Fps is a lot better on 360 and so are western rpgs, the 360 has better backwards compatability. As a whole the xbox is better and its units sold reflects that. It is beating the ps3 in terms of sales aswell. The 360 has better exclusives and its online is infinately better

06-06-2009 15:56 DeathMagick is offline Search for Posts by DeathMagick Add DeathMagick to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by DeathMagick
The ps3 is better in terms of hardware and that is it, the 360 destroys it in terms of software, 360 has more and better games. Fps is a lot better on 360 and so are western rpgs, the 360 has better backwards compatability. As a whole the xbox is better and its units sold reflects that. It is beating the ps3 in terms of sales aswell. The 360 has better exclusives and its online is infinately better

What software? O.o

06-06-2009 16:35 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
deathfromabove1

Thread Starter Thread Started by deathfromabove1
ps3 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well for the people who did say ps3

pm me sayin u ps3 name i will add u

but bak too it

ps3 is way better i think just most my friends have xbox

but there might be new consols like a new xbox and and new ps3 Smile
06-06-2009 16:39 deathfromabove1 is offline Search for Posts by deathfromabove1 Add deathfromabove1 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
As an owner of both a 360 elite and PS3;
No comp really... PS3 owns xbox 360
Infact PS1 owns the 360

The only reason XBox/360 is cheap is because they use crap stuff to put them together. hence why they over heat and get ring of death so easy. im on my 4th or 5th now, still on my first PS3 thou... Ring of death is bassicly cheap glue getting to hot and becomeing unstuck.

WOW, u couldnt be more wrong

Can someone actually post reasons y the ps3 is better without mentioning be able to surf the net?

Alot of publishers dont want to make games for the ps3 because it is notoriously hard to make games for

ps, getting the console to work doesnt count as a reason Tongue
06-06-2009 18:44 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

Because Sony is a name you know and trust. You ever used a Microsoft PC...

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
06-06-2009 19:05 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Can someone actually post reasons y the ps3 is better without mentioning be able to surf the net?

A mod should be able to browse a thread better than this Roll Eyes
The SECOND post lists pros and cons? lol

06-06-2009 19:07 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Pretty much all the things in that list apply to xbox aswell
06-06-2009 21:34 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

well i have both 360 and ps3

i would be more inclined to go ps3(jst because like noob god said..sony is a name u can trust).......

but in all fairness their both the same in my opinion

in terms of graphics both consoles have games with amazing graphics and others with mediocore graphics...it just depends on the examples u pick........

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
06-07-2009 00:15 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
in terms of graphics both consoles have games with amazing graphics and others with mediocore graphics...it just depends on the examples u pick........

To be honest, right now as you say bnoht consoles are the same.

Neither one has even begun to tap into what they can really do

Your imperfection.
06-07-2009 01:17 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Raxis, i refer u to artoirs post Tongue
06-07-2009 01:32 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » ps3 or xbox 360

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH