Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Server Time » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Server Time
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
L12
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2007
Clan: [Tainted]

Server Time Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Clocks have gone an hour back today (in the UK), back to GMT. But the server is still at the time it used to be....? Why?

"The essence of another’s life, given to her..."

10-28-2007 12:17 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
PapacyOFEvil

images/avatars/avatar-102.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: COTU

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Perhaps its Set to UMT
Underworld Mean Time Smile

This week I am mostly being Ambushed Shocked

10-28-2007 13:14 PapacyOFEvil is offline Search for Posts by PapacyOFEvil Add PapacyOFEvil to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PapacyOFEvil
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

server clock is 2 hours ahead of me :/

10-28-2007 13:22 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Should be fixed now

10-28-2007 16:14 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by L12

Now it is UK time (GMT)... but before it always used to be Polish time GMT+1

Was that a mistake or is it still wrong?

10-28-2007 16:32 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

New problem: Items are glowing green an hour early... they say they are ending at 21:10 for example, but are glowing at 20:00 server time, so from what i can see items are ending in Polish time, but the rest of the game is now in GMT, though it used to be Polish time... please make your mind up about the times, otherwise it will confuse the hell out of people! lol

10-29-2007 20:18 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Clan: Overlords

We're trying to fix it now.

10-29-2007 20:55 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

It seems to work fine. I've set my timezone to GMT. Look at screen. Maybe try to press ctrl+f5 on the auction screen - your browser might still cache old javascript.

Konrad has attached this image (reduced version):
auction.png

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

10-29-2007 21:21 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Clan: BoD

Its still happening on mine... I dunno about anybody elses. i cleared all the caches for everything. =/

oh and i pressed refresh too.

10-29-2007 22:38 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

On my screen the server time shows up as the same time in my time zone (EST) and it never did that before.

10-30-2007 00:41 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Thats very odd... How can the server be showing more than one time at the same time...?

The auctions are still off by an hour for me.

10-30-2007 00:45 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Sorry for multipost

Update on situation, it shows polish time when i refresh the auction page, but as the page finneshes loading it swiches back to GMT.

10-30-2007 14:27 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

It's because of javascript running on your box. I've tried to apply difference between user time and server time, but for some reason it fails on some pc's. It will be investigated and possibly fixed asap.

Other >> pm Szeszej

10-30-2007 14:55 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

Try pressing F5 and tell me if it worked.

Other >> pm Szeszej

10-30-2007 15:43 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Ok, it seems to have worked now, but we are back on Polish time, not GMT.... just makin sure that this is how you want it...

10-30-2007 16:31 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

Default timezone has been altered to Europe/London. Please report any strange behaviour that might have anything in common with this change.

Other >> pm Szeszej

10-30-2007 20:31 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Ok

Thanks for your help, it all seems to be working fine here... but ill post here if something does go wrong.

10-30-2007 20:45 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Hmm, ok it seems attacks are counted from 11 PM not 12 AM.

I attacked Caprio on the 1st of november at about 11:20, once.

On the 2nd of november i attacked him once, after that it told me i could not attack this player any more today...

It is possible i miss counted these attacks, but i have been over it in my head and i am fairly sure i only attacked him once on the 2nd.

11-02-2007 23:28 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Hyperborean
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-02-2007

I believe it's 1 AM. And it's the way it was meant to be. Quests every hour (starting at midnight), and Ambushes every 1.5 H (starting 1 AM).
11-03-2007 10:42 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Could you implement timezone setting into account management? It would helps all of us not in GMT zone, now I must be still aware of the fact that I am 1 hour ahead than server time.

Thx

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
11-07-2007 10:32 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

That would cause some lags and the auction script would have to be changed. It's easier to add 1 hour to every auction than write the script again...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

11-07-2007 10:38 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Really?? That's your point of view as a player?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
11-07-2007 10:57 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

That's my point of view as a player and a webmaster...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

11-07-2007 11:51 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
L12
Triple Ace

The probelm i outlind above with attacks has happened again... I am SURE this time, though i dont have the messages.... :/

11-07-2007 18:07 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Ok now i am sure!

You can attack someone twice between 11Pm and Pm not 12AM and 12AM as it should be!!!!

11-09-2007 23:10 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

Please check if it's okay now. You shouldn't be able to attack someone more than twice before the midnight in GMT zone.

Other >> pm Szeszej

11-10-2007 06:46 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
L12
Triple Ace

Ok

Thanks, it seems to be working now Smile

Ill post here if there is a problem though, Thanks again.

11-10-2007 23:02 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Server Time

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH