Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » I didn't know where else to post this » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I didn't know where else to post this
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Raeighn

Registration Date: 10-11-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

I didn't know where else to post this Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There doesn't seem to be a corresponding forum...

Anyway:

My boyfriend was going to write this, but he left the game and no longer cares. So here goes.

This game has a lot of potential but at the moment there are a few really annoying things. For instance, there is a certain degree of unfairness when it comes to weapons.

Eventually you need to switch to bow no matter what, or you get raped, unless you have ignored all your other stats and maxed out on strength. It's understandable to have a certain weapon having a small advantage but my boyfriend and I feel that there's too much of a gap here.

Also, this game appears to really rely quite a lot on luck. It was my boyfriend that noticed this fact a lot more than me. He had the following to say:

“it happens all too often that a fight you should easily have won you don't win

I've seen fights where people with only lower stats dodge all your attacks and hit you with critical strikes and win while they have 200 hp less or something"

Next, your tutorial. It's not really all that clear. The game is quite confusing when you start out anyway, and your guide doesn't exactly help much at the moment.

Apart from the above, I feel this game is fantastic. It could really be great. But you’ve already lost someone due to that, and I’m sure that others probably feel the same way.

I hope you don’t mind this player feedback.
11-03-2007 13:03 Raeighn is offline Homepage of Raeighn Search for Posts by Raeighn Add Raeighn to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This isnt the right place to post this i think. I will move this to game system because it seems the most relevant.

11-03-2007 13:13 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
L12
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2007
Clan: [Tainted]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are many faults with the game.

But all the ones you have out lined in that are not faults that will effect you as you understand the game more, and level up to become more powerful.

Bows become useless very quickly, then most people go to either melee weapons or guns.

As for fights, you need to have a higher total of agility and perception than your opponent to hit well with a bow. If he has a higher total he will dodge many stikes, as for criticals he may have armor equipped that encreases the chance for critical hits.

There is pleanty of luck in this game, but there is luck involved in everything. As you level up sieges and ambushes will not be about luck, but will be a matter of who is better.

Upgrading items does need LOADS of luck though.

I read the tutorial loads when i started playing, every time you have a question, it normally has the answer, you just need to spend some tme reading it as it is not clearly written for noobs.

"The essence of another’s life, given to her..."

11-03-2007 13:17 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

I agree there should be in game tutorial for new players.

This game depend on luck like many other games.
What is the fun if you know outcome of battle?

Ranged weapons are good for start but in later stage of game every kind of weapon is playable.

You can always join into experienced clan that help new players or ask someone from top 50 for any piece of advice.
11-03-2007 13:20 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Blodsugare
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 05-18-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

I will replay one and maybe last time.

That good comparativielly with Polish servers 1 and 3 was great idea. I left one of those servers and start to play here. One think was not so good from beggining. Too smal chance to find stones (any stones) and it was fixed by LAST BIG PATCH.
But SOMEONE have taken decision to decrease luck form items.

THAT WAS PERFECT Evil - everyone have stones and noone within 3 monts will have good items for sale. Why - because U can not find them. Starting form updeating of game it verge upon miracle to find items with prefix and sufix in same time.

And one clarification. There will be discussion - U can find or U can buy items on auction. YES but to do some really good Items have to be merging 4 or 5 items.
And I don't have time to wait half of year to do trousers or shorts really good one.

For all information for that moment I wearing are

Good Hat of Adrenaline
Elvish Cape of Assassin (+4)
Amulet of Levitation (+5)
Good Bracelet of Concentration (+1)
Good Bracelet of Youth (+2)
Good Elvish Shorts of Shadow Hunter
Murderous Dagger of Valour (+5)
Good Light Dagger of Valour (+2)

All above items were merged from others that I found before patch. And they will stay with me for all time Smile

Therefore U lost next player that pay U premium account.
11-03-2007 16:37 Blodsugare is offline Homepage of Blodsugare Search for Posts by Blodsugare Add Blodsugare to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Serrated Mace of Betrayal (+1)
Expensive Crowbar of Horseshoe (+2)
Light Knife of Courage (+1)
Serrated Rapier of Blood (+1)
Poisoned Club of Power (+1)

Thats finds over the last few days ..... so it doesn't take a miracle to find pre/suff gear.

You seem to think that one part of an update that you disagree with is the be all and end all of the game, yet any parts of it that you agree with, other people are supposed to shut up and live with it.

Either live with the full patch without taking your ball home, or put constructive criticism into all discussions on the patch. I disagree with the zone 3 limit relaxation, but all you can do is agree with irrelevancies brought up in that thread.

Time to make a decision people, stay at full strength or walk away ..... I still pay premium and am staying regardless of the things that I disagree with (this is called loyalty and wishing the game to develop and grow), you may do different and that is your perogative.

11-03-2007 17:05 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Blodsugare
Forum Ace

YES - perfect items Smile

Only weapons - that is goood. Normally I found much more within one day than U within one week. But lest's finish that discussion.
11-03-2007 22:52 Blodsugare is offline Homepage of Blodsugare Search for Posts by Blodsugare Add Blodsugare to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Ahhhhh, so what you object to is the fact that everyone should be finding around the same amount of gear now, rather than most of it being found by a small cadre of players ..... I understand what you mean now.

Basically by that comment, you are saying 'to hell with the rest of the players in the game, as long as I get what I want!'

11-03-2007 23:44 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Blodsugare
Forum Ace

You know, I really wish U nice game. All of your comments are .....................
U can never told YES, he or she have right. Think about it Smile
11-03-2007 23:57 Blodsugare is offline Homepage of Blodsugare Search for Posts by Blodsugare Add Blodsugare to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Now this is one of the big language barrier problems ..... I can understand the words but can't quite grasp the meaning due to the format.

Any chance you could elaborate on that last post to make it a little more understandable to non-Polish players?

11-04-2007 00:10 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

The in-game, interactive and userfriendly tutorial is currently being developed Smile

11-04-2007 01:51 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » I didn't know where else to post this

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH