Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Trophy Hall » Trophy Hall - Underworld » Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Thread is closed
Poll: Should arcana be allowed when setting records
Yes. All arcana 30 63.83%
No. No arcana 17 36.17%
Total: 47 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Raziel666
I've voted no

for the simple reason that Cultists and Absorbers get an unfair advantage when accumalating damage due to their 3rd arcana

So the third attack for beastlords doesnt give them an advantage in accumulating damage?

Or the extra HP TC's gain in sieges and expeditions, meaning they can last longer and get more hits in?

Or the Breath of Death cursed ones get (increases damage when HP is below 35%)?

Maybe it's not as 'simple' as you say.
06-12-2009 20:12 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: OMFG

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Raziel666
I've voted no

for the simple reason that Cultists and Absorbers get an unfair advantage when accumalating damage due to their 3rd arcana

but the records aren't just about damage are they?
you're turning this into a SB thread.
how about majesty? herro more hp, thats a record, thats unfair also?
count arcana and quit moaning

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

06-13-2009 10:47 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

easy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes.

Before ACT II beastmasters had Strength which boosted their damage, I don't see how this is differnt especially when 4/5 races have an arcana that WILL boost damage

Also the arcana is the same as tattoos, since they all have different strengths and weaknesses which will influence them and their records, so i see arcana as no different

Your imperfection.
06-14-2009 01:30 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

I think the whole point of this argument, was that it was started without much thought.

Originally, people saw SB as something which could be easily omitted to give 'true' weapon damage for records.

But, after seeing how TCs and absorbers' arcana subtley affects damage, we may as well include all arcana for records.

Despite peoples opinions on whether or not searing blood is more advantageous.

06-14-2009 01:40 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
RinghamEnderol
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-06-2009
Clan: LIG / SOT

As Cesarz in particular has already stated, this argument is not necessarily on how overpowered (OP) SB is but how u can logically classify it as WEAPON DAMAGE!!! because the record is Titled in such as way tht only weapon dmg can be counted.

I see that the mose easy way to end this conflict is merely change the title of the record

e.g.

Most dmg done in 1 round (inc. arcana)

Ranged....
1 guns...

etc

Former Necropolis Character: Enderol (Unfortunately Deleted now) and since Re-incarnated! - Clan leader of Sovereigns of Time

06-14-2009 04:10 RinghamEnderol is offline Search for Posts by RinghamEnderol Add RinghamEnderol to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

The record name is Most damage done in one round: so I don't see it as a problem. You don't have to classify it as weapon damage, but just damage. If it was classified as weapon damage then I'd claim record for most damage done in one hit with 1h guns 540 Big Grin
sidenote: the 540 is in expo, so don't use this number as an example please
Records for 2h guns, 1h melee, 2h melee and ranged were all done WITH arcana. My 1h guns damage per round is without and people still seem to have problem with SB Roll Eyes

06-14-2009 11:16 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
RinghamEnderol
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-06-2009
Clan: LIG / SOT

it is classified as weapon dmg tho Diablo...

Most dmg in one round:

RANGED
1H GUNS....

wot do u think these are? rainbows and wishes?

Former Necropolis Character: Enderol (Unfortunately Deleted now) and since Re-incarnated! - Clan leader of Sovereigns of Time

06-14-2009 13:23 RinghamEnderol is offline Search for Posts by RinghamEnderol Add RinghamEnderol to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

The damage was done in one round where the player used the specified weapons. Additional damage was done by arcana.
You as an absorber gunman should know that the record for damage with 1h guns won't be done by searing blood. Power of blood will allow you to do much more damage.
same with 2h guns and cursed ones. 1h and 2h melee will be dominated by Beastmasters. So as long as the max HP in defense will not include regenerated HP from cultists arcana there will be NONE done by a cultist just because of searing blood.

06-14-2009 13:34 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Foxy4

images/avatars/avatar-499.jpg

Registration Date: 05-15-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: LIG + SOT

That means wat weapon they are using i think Ends and that only means they need to use that sort of weps, with extras

06-14-2009 13:34 Foxy4 is offline Search for Posts by Foxy4 Add Foxy4 to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

The point is all other arcana cannot really be seperated from the records, ut searing blood is an element to itself... however the other arcanas all affect how much damage a weapon can do, so why shouldn't searing blood be included?

As I said above it's the same with tattoos... in theory a monk could probably deal the most damage with a 1H weapon since they have 2 damage per four levels as an ability... so why should the arcana be seen any differently. Each one has its strength and weaknesses

Your imperfection.
06-14-2009 15:51 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by RinghamEnderol
it is classified as weapon dmg tho Diablo...

Most dmg in one round:

RANGED
1H GUNS....

wot do u think these are? rainbows and wishes?

Thats based purely on how you interpret it.

I see it that if Diablo uses 1-h guns and searing blood*, then he still qualifies for the record because yes he used his arcana, but he also used 1-h guns.

I think there's still some sort of stigma surrounding searing blood and it's showing its ugly face here..

*example

EDIT

POLL CLOSES IN 10 MINUTES

06-14-2009 18:59 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Poll is now closed, 3 days after it was started as stated by Popeye in the first post.

RESULTS:

Poll: Should arcana be allowed when setting records

Out of 47 members;

30 members (63.83%) voted: Yes. All arcana
17 members voted (36.17%): No. No arcana

CONCLUSION:

Records stay as they are. ALL arcanas will be included when counting records, including Searing Blood.

Those of you who are not happy, I'm afraid nothing more can be done. The poll was open for 3 days (and ten minutes) and you had your chance to make your views known and counted.

Thankyou

06-14-2009 19:31 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Trophy Hall » Trophy Hall - Underworld » Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH