Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Trophy Hall » Trophy Hall - Underworld » Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Poll: Should arcana be allowed when setting records
Yes. All arcana 30 63.83%
No. No arcana 17 36.17%
Total: 47 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

CLOSED

should all arcana be allowed or none at all. heres your chance to vote on it and the mods will act accordingly Wink

1. Yes means that Searing blood will be counted as weapon damage, therefore giving Cultists a chance to be on the "Most damage done in one round" records list.

2. No would mean clearing the records connected with using arcanas, like "Most hp in ambush/defense" or "Most damage done in one round". Unless the current owner of the record provides a link to a message which will prove that he/she didn't use arcanas related to the record itself.

One vote each, the poll will close after 3 days

06-11-2009 19:16 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

RE: Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I voted yes, everyone should be allowed to use every possable abillity to do their best, even if it is an inate abillity.

Although it would be easyer to have a arcana & non arcana version (in seperate threads)

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 06-11-2009 19:22.

06-11-2009 19:20 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes for all.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
06-11-2009 19:22 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Foxy4

images/avatars/avatar-499.jpg

Registration Date: 05-15-2009
Clan: LIG + SOT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes,

wat i write in records as a argument

hmm, i think its quite fair as, absorber gets the ability to strike more crits or take searing blood of cultists, thoughtcatchers can take bodyguards to add on damage, cursed ones hit more, etc so i agree with james

06-11-2009 19:24 Foxy4 is offline Search for Posts by Foxy4 Add Foxy4 to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Yes for all. Why would someone hold back if he/she wants to break a record?

06-11-2009 19:44 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
rohlikus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-22-2008
Clan: HLL

voted no!!!
06-11-2009 20:06 rohlikus is offline Search for Posts by rohlikus Add rohlikus to your Buddy List Add rohlikus to your Contact List
Foxy4

Y, tell us, we want reasons

lol i sound like a teacher

06-11-2009 20:09 Foxy4 is offline Search for Posts by Foxy4 Add Foxy4 to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Popeye forgot to mention two important facts:

1. Yes means that Searing blood will be counted as weapon damage, therefore giving Cultists a chance to be on the "Most damage done in one round" records list.

2. No would mean clearing the records connected with using arcanas, like "Most hp in ambush/defense" or "Most damage done in one round". Unless the current owner of the record provides a link to a message which will prove that he/she didn't use arcanas related to the record itself.

Added those to the first post Wink

That would be all. Choose wisely Wink

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

06-11-2009 20:19 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
DemonDude2
Lord

Is it 2 hard to have a section with, and a section without?
Answer = No

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 06-11-2009 20:31.

06-11-2009 20:29 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Thread Starter Thread Started by Pops

we could do i guess demondude. lead the way Wink then of course you can update it

06-11-2009 20:36 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
RinghamEnderol
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-06-2009
Clan: LIG / SOT

I vote no! Because records like most dmg done in 1 round are for WEAPONS because arcana damage isnt using a specific weapon!

So yeah, absorbers crit more but it is USING A WEAPON and the same applies for other arcana types.

Cultists could use agility arcana to hit more with melee foxy...

Former Necropolis Character: Enderol (Unfortunately Deleted now) and since Re-incarnated! - Clan leader of Sovereigns of Time

06-11-2009 20:37 RinghamEnderol is offline Search for Posts by RinghamEnderol Add RinghamEnderol to your Buddy List
Foxy4

lol i had that idea when we where discusing this on the actual records thread. i just didn't put it down.
It wouldn't be too hard but some of us are too lazy to do(guilty) or can't (me)

Edit
Ringham, added agil lets have more chance of hit, added crits adds on damage, are u gunna say tatoos can't be used as some add on damage. Even though i am not cultist on underworld they should be given there advantage.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Foxy4: 06-11-2009 20:41.

06-11-2009 20:38 Foxy4 is offline Search for Posts by Foxy4 Add Foxy4 to your Buddy List
diablo

Don't you dare to make it just about searing blood. ALL other arcanas are accepted but this one needs a poll?

06-11-2009 20:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
RinghamEnderol
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-06-2009
Clan: LIG / SOT

no im just saying that searing blood isnt damage done with a weapon, so how can u explain counting it in "most damage done in 1 round (with this specific weapon)"... searing blood is STUPIDLY overpowered anyway

Former Necropolis Character: Enderol (Unfortunately Deleted now) and since Re-incarnated! - Clan leader of Sovereigns of Time

06-11-2009 21:03 RinghamEnderol is offline Search for Posts by RinghamEnderol Add RinghamEnderol to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

quote:
Originally posted by RinghamEnderol
no im just saying that searing blood isnt damage done with a weapon, so how can u explain counting it in "most damage done in 1 round (with this specific weapon)"... searing blood is STUPIDLY overpowered anyway

are you serious, thoughtcatcher is much better than cultis, get 2 k hp? last longer and in turn more damage coz of that and more chance of taking less people for more exp.
i aint gonna argue with you but i know for a fact searing blood is not over powered.
06-11-2009 21:07 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

precisely, so its fair that beastmasters get an extra attack? just as an example i recently saw karazek do crits of over 1k. is it fair that his arcana gives another attack, raising his max damage per round to around 3k from 2k?
sorry karazek this is just an example, im not singling you out

06-11-2009 21:10 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

yes for all mainly because searing will never break melee record Wink so i dun care as long as i can break the melee record Wink

06-11-2009 21:11 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: DB

lol what the stupid vote, records is the highest dmg done using weapon, bloodfreezyy, powerblood, majestic and Breath of Death increasing weapon dmg, sharing not increasing only make dmg and this is advantage this arcane. And i don't see reason why dmg don't done by weapon can be calculated to record.

06-11-2009 21:29 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

the mod should change the records to - damage dun with weappon + arcana. and state what arcana has been used and how much.. that way it wont confuse all of us by jus saying damage dun with weapon.

06-11-2009 21:44 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
DemonDude2
Lord

RE: Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8
should all arcana be allowed or none at all. heres your chance to vote on it and the mods will act accordingly Wink

What about displaying it like this
  • Two-handed Melee: 4293 (Good Club (+5) [SZESZEJ]
  • Two-handed Melee: 5600 (Good Club (+5) [C47 + SotB]

Or

• One-handed Gun: 3223 (Good Scorpio (+1) & Good Glock (+2) [Sushi Maker] // 4266 (Good Uzi (+2) and Good Glock (+4) [Jesus + SB]

SotB = Shadow of the Beast
SB = Searing Blood

06-11-2009 21:54 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Foxy4

thats good idea

06-11-2009 21:57 Foxy4 is offline Search for Posts by Foxy4 Add Foxy4 to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

2nd one is good Smile

06-11-2009 22:05 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8

What about displaying it like this
  • Two-handed Melee: 4293 (Good Club (+5) [SZESZEJ]
  • Two-handed Melee: 5600 (Good Club (+5) [C47 + SotB]

Or

• One-handed Gun: 3223 (Good Scorpio (+1) & Good Glock (+2) [Sushi Maker] // 4266 (Good Uzi (+2) and Good Glock (+4) [Jesus + SB]

SotB = Shadow of the Beast
SB = Searing Blood

And then what?

[Sqeshu + Majesty] HP record

[Blodsugare + Bloodfrenzy] Highest dmg

It's not practical

And for those that say Arcana shouldn't count, if you fancy spending 15 minutes on every record trying to work out how much damage should be deducted in accordance with the arcana used, be my guest.

This has been discussed before, and whilst not everyone is going to be happy with a decision either way, I think there's no point in having records that dont include arcana.

Check what section Records is in; Trophy Hall. This is where things with that "wow" factor are supposed to be posted. And I've read enough complaint threads about Searing Blood without hearing it shouldn't be counted here.

The races are as balanced as they will ever be, 2/1 attacks with BM is better than searing blood if you're melee. Absorbers +crit and luck is also very important and effective. This shouldnt be turned into a Race debate, Searing Blood is the arcana Cultists were given.

Yes it may not directly effect weapons damage, but that shouldnt make a difference.

If in ambush reports it said "Diablo strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Uzi (+1) and does 228 damage, plus 78 from searing blood" would that make you happy?

Voted a definite Yes.

06-11-2009 22:05 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.

[Sqeshu + M] HP record
[Blodsugare + BF] Highest dmg

Its another 7 spaces max if you use SotB, 4 minamum. Considering the max amount of characters allowed in your name, and a lot of players nowhere near that limit, it does seem practical.

Another way to do it would be to

[Blodsugare WA]

With Arcana

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 06-11-2009 22:13.

06-11-2009 22:12 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
quote:

[Sqeshu + M] HP record
[Blodsugare + BF] Highest dmg

Its another 7 spaces max if you use SotB, 4 minamum. Considering the max amount of characters allowed in your name, and a lot of players nowhere near that limit, it does seem practical.

Another way to do it would be to

[Blodsugare WA]

With Arcana

By practical I mean useful.

People would want the level arcana, how much the arcana contributed. If you want to hazard a guess at what arcana was used, just check their race.

06-11-2009 22:15 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evangelion
The warning machine

quote:
And for those that say Arcana shouldn't count, if you fancy spending 15 minutes on every record trying to work out how much damage should be deductedn in accordance with the arcana used, be my guest.

That's simple, if someone claims that he broke a record of "Most damage done in one round" with a melee weapon and when you check the report you see that he used Bloodfrenzy or the Shadow of the Beast, you just ignore the message.

06-11-2009 22:47 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Artoir.
Avenger

Which is my main point, Arcana should be counted.

The records were mean't to be made for fun, I don't think they should be ruined by placing restrictions on them like no arcana.

06-11-2009 22:54 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Foxy4

Yup, i agree with u on that artoir

06-11-2009 23:01 Foxy4 is offline Search for Posts by Foxy4 Add Foxy4 to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

But the point is that not all the arcanas were taken into consideration. Until now there was only one case where someone counted the Searing blood. That's controversial and became the reason for complaints.

The purpose of this poll is to make it clear, either all of the arcanas are taken into consideration or none. The choise belongs to the players, they're the reason the records have been created.

06-11-2009 23:15 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Artoir.
Avenger

And when does the poll close?

06-11-2009 23:17 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

No.

Damage should be reflected by respected weapons, to show weapon mastery, not race bonusses.

06-11-2009 23:19 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

poll is open for 3 days as stated in first post

06-11-2009 23:22 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
LightKnight

Registration Date: 05-05-2009
Clan: Sanguine

I Voted No Cause Different Races Have Totally Different Arcanas Which Gives Each Other A Far Disadvantage E.g Cultists - Searing Of Blood - Will Most Proberly BE In The MOst Damage Done Records

06-12-2009 00:31 LightKnight is offline Search for Posts by LightKnight Add LightKnight to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

i voted yes.

and i do agree with diablo ere, alot of you are just sayin the problem is sering blood, yes it does alot of damge but thats apart of that race,
i mean everyone has good things about there own race and sering blood is probly one of the better ones yes but the ppl moanin about it
face it your only moaning about it cos u dont have it, if u had it for yourself u wouldnt see anything wrong with it so dont complain.
im cursed perc boast is nice for expos for me helps me out abit or horror helps too...
everyone has good things and bad things about there race when they came against other races but thats just the way it goes

but come on u ppl voting no, you lot are mad, ppl wont even bother sittin there workin it all out just will take too much time no1 will bother with records anymore, and even if u lot do get to how u want it to b,
i can still see u lot moaning abot something still anyways
u aint goin to keep every one happy are ya?

but when i go for record and ithink i broke one of em ill come to you for u to sit there workin it all out with my race helpin me....
06-12-2009 03:22 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by LightKnight
I Voted No Cause Different Races Have Totally Different Arcanas Which Gives Each Other A Far Disadvantage E.g Cultists - Searing Of Blood - Will Most Proberly BE In The MOst Damage Done Records
I had to react here. Yes, races are different, so what? Racial traits and arcanas give bonuses, not disadvantages.
Nice when someone who is not even in act2 is judging these things... Roll Eyes

Edit:
face it your only moaning about it cos u dont have it, if u had it for yourself u wouldnt see anything wrong
Niceone Sparxs Wink

06-12-2009 05:46 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

ok heres how i see it....

searing blood = around 300 damage per round

a 2h beast master using his act 2 acana can crit for 1k+ extra damage per round....

my answer is yes...

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

06-12-2009 18:03 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Foxy4

This thread is simple

1.Go to top page
2.Click Yes
3.Vote
4.Be happy with urself 4 making records fairer

If u say No, its simple, u don't have acranas like searing blood and u think that they are going to stop u getting record. U don't complain about them on expos =)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Foxy4: 06-12-2009 18:09.

06-12-2009 18:08 Foxy4 is offline Search for Posts by Foxy4 Add Foxy4 to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

Voted yes.

As Evan said, it's all arcanas or none (which is fair), and having a records table where people specifically weaken themselves(by not using arcana) seems to defeat the purpose of having records in the first place.

And i agree with Artoir about the headache it would be calculating what damage was done by arcana and deducting it from the total. Things like critical hit chance would be impossible due to the RNG nature of them.
06-12-2009 18:25 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

voted yes for simple reason

we were given arcanas to be used not to be wasted

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
06-12-2009 18:45 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-26-2008
Clan: BOS & AOD

I've voted no

for the simple reason that Cultists and Absorbers get an unfair advantage when accumalating damage due to their 3rd arcana

TIME TO LOST SOME WEIGHT - I WANT MY MITSI !!!

06-12-2009 20:00 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Trophy Hall » Trophy Hall - Underworld » Underworld records: arcanas. VOTE HERE !!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH