Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Seiges & The POH Patch » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Seiges & The POH Patch
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
floydster
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-342.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS/V13

Seiges & The POH Patch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We have been talking about this in Game System but broke one of the many rules of the BW forum and as such the thread were closed.

What ever happened to seiges

Since the release of the POH from ambushes patch seiges have practically died out. I personnally love seiges its a big part of the game.

Now we have had this patch for a while what do people think of it? Was it a good patch? Would you rather it was how it was before, seiging for POH?

I think something needs to be added or changed to give the game more playability since there is a lack of seiges. I often run out of quests and attacks but want to carry on playing but have nothing to do.

Thoughts please.
06-23-2009 17:57 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i personally loved the patch.....

what we do need is more game based things to siege as tasks....

how about something like a warewolves storehouse that gives everyone a set amount of resources based on their level and can be done every 2 days or so per clan...

that would bring sieges back into the game quite well

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

06-23-2009 18:03 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

still personally i don't like to patch gaining poh has now become way way way to easy i'm level 59 and i have 5000 poh(3000 of that is from sieges..) the best kind of expo i can do is currently a phoenix so wow i have alot of expo's to do Tongue and atm we never ever seem to do poh sieges anymore the only way i get to do poh sieges is when i go help a low level clan like this...

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c258347ce9

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
06-23-2009 18:37 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Try resurrecting a mob...
For example a Sphinx costs
0 / 1989 HONOUR PTS 0 / 99450 people at the moment...

06-23-2009 19:17 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I think the patch killed sieges and it's a shame. I do find myself getting bored by the lack of sieges...but I know some smaller players love the patch since they rarely got poh from sieges anyway.

06-24-2009 18:34 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

i currently have 11k poh and i cant use it all before i get more. i frequently ressurect beasties before a seige (so the poh doesnt go to waste if i lose it) or if allies message me and ask. the patch meant lower level players were able to start expos and earn badges earlier as before they may not have been able to earn poh from seiges so it has its good points.

but i do miss going all out on a poh seige Wink

06-24-2009 18:54 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
Try resurrecting a mob...
For example a Sphinx costs
0 / 1989 HONOUR PTS 0 / 99450 people at the moment...

i'm no where near that level Wink

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
06-25-2009 16:02 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I love the patch. I don't miss not having poh for weeks on end at all.
However, I do miss sieges.

I have tried to get sieges going again on the server, but very few people seem interested.

So, I openly tell everyone (who reads the boards): The Source are happy to do poh/resource sieges with anyone with only one stipulation - there is an agreed point level restriction in advance (i.e. max 3000 pts, or 4000 pts, or 5000 pts, etc).

Smile

Back on topic - "i frequently ressurect beasties before a seige (so the poh doesnt go to waste if i lose it)" - quote Popeye. Sound advice & I think that more people should help out resurrecting for everyone on this server.

I play on the French server (they have the same patch), and the monsters there are farmed to zero constantly; but they are getting resurrected everyday - it is a very communal server. And they also have a lot more sieges - the patch did not kill off their desire to beat the crap out of each other!

To sum up.... don't blame the patch! It is the attitude of the people on this server. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
06-25-2009 18:24 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008

I love the new patch! Before, I entered every siege the clan done, and got a grand total of 0 PoH!

I didn't get to start my first expo till I was level 52!

I think the patch is one of the best things to happen to Bloodwars!

Edit: Spelling mistakes

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dtr: 06-25-2009 20:27.

06-25-2009 20:27 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

How about a task where you can gain poh but make it so the abiltes of the ppl you seige a random with diffrent races and blood powers lvls and weapons so theres no garantee of u winning but can only be done once a week and only started by the clan leader. needs more work to it but workable.
06-25-2009 20:28 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009

Personally, on balance I do like the fact I can gain POH from Ambushing, but I do also miss the sieges.

I think the balance has shifted so that a lot of people don't siege anymore due to the risk of losing the POH that they have, rather than wanting to siege to gain some.

Maybe take the POH gain/loss out of sieges now and just siege for resources/prove who's clans best/fun??? Would certainly get more participation.

A few more tasks is always nice, but there can only ever be so many of those.

Don't know what the answer is to be honest, but unless something is done the siege may become a dying breed.
06-27-2009 13:43 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
Foxy4

images/avatars/avatar-499.jpg

Registration Date: 05-15-2009
Clan: LIG + SOT

Right let me get this straight, u complaining because u can't get a seige, well i'll be happy to do POH seiges as all my atts (even on 90%) keep failing so i got low POH

And the POH in atts is the reason i've nearlly killed phoenix already so i love it

06-27-2009 13:53 Foxy4 is offline Search for Posts by Foxy4 Add Foxy4 to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009

Foxy, we're in the same clan!!!!!!

Gonna be hard to do a POH siege.

My point was simply before the patch there were a lot more sieges as it was the only way to get POH. Now with it so easily available there is no need, and no need to risk losing any by joining one.

And if your attacks fail, up your Rep. That'll help.
06-27-2009 14:00 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
Foxy4

images/avatars/avatar-499.jpg

Registration Date: 05-15-2009
Clan: LIG + SOT

My rep high as i can get atm and i was talking to all about a POH seige

06-27-2009 14:13 Foxy4 is offline Search for Posts by Foxy4 Add Foxy4 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

goodbye Foxy4. warning for spam. this thread has nothing to do with your rep.

06-27-2009 15:08 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Seiges & The POH Patch

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH