Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Suggestion: Attack limit » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Suggestion: Attack limit
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Suggestion: Attack limit Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What about an attack limit on the amount of times you can be attacked per day, because I think it is necessary to have a limit because sometimes you can be attacked more than 10 times per day. The current limit isnt good enough. What do you guys think?

11-28-2007 16:04 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the current limit is ok, stronger players will be attacked can be attacked more often because they are in a higher zone

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
11-28-2007 16:28 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-113.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoD

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i get attacked so often my eyes hurt from all the messages i get when i sign in
i think a limit of some sort needs to be put on attacks per day rather than attacks per player.
Maybe it should take into account if the attack was successful or not

11-28-2007 16:31 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scillage

My idea is a max limit of attacks per day. I think that 8 should be enough, because it be so stupid if you come back from somewhere and find out you have been attacked 14 times

11-28-2007 16:40 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
draculaisemo
Lord

14 times ... or more.
I think somewhere between 6 and 10.

maybe dependant on points?

11-28-2007 16:41 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Good idea for low level players bad idea for top people.
I can attack only 30-40 players so with this limit it will be impossible to use all attacks.
11-28-2007 16:41 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

hm there is a limit in zone 5 you cannot be attacked more than 12 times per day; zone 4 16 times; zone 3 24 times;
So there is a limit allready, A limit of 8 could be usefull for zone 5 but for upper zones it could kill the game, it's like after 18 o'clock you cannot attack anyone in above rank 150 because they all have allready been attacked 8 times;

I don't really see your point.

created by Dontmess
11-28-2007 16:44 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

i didnt realise there was a limit?

11-28-2007 16:45 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Scillage
Forum Legend

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scillage

There isnt. But in zone 5 you can be attacked once every 2 h, zone 4 every 1&1/2h etc. It is stil a necessary change needed IMO

11-28-2007 16:47 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
draculaisemo
Lord

the time gap is only related to the start of attacks.

and darkone, about it killing the game, thats why i said that it could be based on points, and whether the attack was successful, it would be silly to just stick a limit for everybody/

11-28-2007 16:48 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

I think the limits are ok. When you are in

* 5 zone -> attack every 120 minutes -> 12 attacks per day -> 6-12 diff vamps
* 4 zone -> attack every 90 minutes -> 16 attacks per day -> 8-16 diff vamps
* 3 zone -> attack every 60 minutes -> 24 attacks per day -> 12-24 diff vamps
* 2 & 1 zone -> attack every 30 minutes -> 48 attacks per day -> 24-48 diff vamps

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mortis: 11-28-2007 16:51.

11-28-2007 16:50 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
draculaisemo
Lord

and you dont think 48 attacks a day is a bit much? or 24 for that matter?

11-28-2007 16:53 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
DarkOne
Lord

well if you are the lord of darkness or one of the higher circle ( zone 2 ) then you should be able to cope with it.

created by Dontmess
11-28-2007 16:56 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

You can always go to the lower zone. Nobody keeps you in the higher one... You can't have everything for free, there always should be something risky and uncomfortable Smile

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

11-28-2007 16:56 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
draculaisemo
Lord

I would say that most people cant resource-wise

11-28-2007 16:57 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

quote:
Originally posted by draculaisemo
and you dont think 48 attacks a day is a bit much? or 24 for that matter?

No. As Evangelion wrote you can't have everything.. higher zones are not about to feel more comfortable there.. the squares are limited in numbers, so you must expect to be attacked more often as you move higher and higher..

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
11-28-2007 17:15 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
draculaisemo
Lord

*shrugs* each entitled to his own opinion.

11-28-2007 17:17 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
L12
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2007
Clan: [Tainted]

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
I think the limits are ok. When you are in

* 5 zone -> attack every 120 minutes -> 12 attacks per day -> 6-12 diff vamps
* 4 zone -> attack every 90 minutes -> 16 attacks per day -> 8-16 diff vamps
* 3 zone -> attack every 60 minutes -> 24 attacks per day -> 12-24 diff vamps
* 2 & 1 zone -> attack every 30 minutes -> 48 attacks per day -> 24-48 diff vamps

This system is fine!

Nothing needs to be changed. If you gety attacked too much, get better so not so many people will attack you.

"The essence of another’s life, given to her..."

11-28-2007 17:18 L12 is offline Search for Posts by L12 Add L12 to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

You cant go to the lower zone if you are attempting a zone 3 task.

I can see your point and its valid, but my opinion is unchanged.

maybe an admin will, at some point, comment on this thread, and well get a 'proffessional' opinion =)

note : im aware i cant spell proffessional.

11-28-2007 17:29 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Professional opinion? More professional than the opinion of players from 2 servers (or 1 server top 100)

I get attacked as many times a day as possible, and? So what? Do I cry like a baby? No , I fight back!

11-28-2007 17:43 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

nobody is crying, we are suggesting

and i put proffessional in inverted commas, i generally value the 10 or so regulars on here opinions' more than admins.

11-28-2007 17:44 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Hyperborean
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-02-2007

The limitations are fine. They have worked for more than a year, and there is absolutely no need to change the present status quo. Moreover, great majority of players ranked 51-120 are full of blood and sleeping on cash whenever I choose to ambush them, which I do for resources every night. Thus, it really is possible to be well off regardless of one's level.
11-28-2007 18:03 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
Zauborin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-65.jpg

Clan: EoD

24-48 is in zone 1-2 im in 2nd and i have only 4 atack per day? something like that

only the best can be in highter zone so its not like every one can atack u and win ... so ppl will not use this max number of atack on u

from my little fan, which i love:

"i want nothing more than to see EoD rot and Zuborin with it."

thx ;*
11-28-2007 18:22 Zauborin is offline Search for Posts by Zauborin Add Zauborin to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

its alright for you to say mr. rank #1

we will see when more than like 20 people are in zone 3

11-28-2007 19:58 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Zauborin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-65.jpg

Clan: EoD

in 3 zone are more then 20 player ... 34 for now

maybe u means 2nd zone? there would be never more then 12 player Smile there is only one sector ...

and what that means "mr. rank #1" u are jelous or what?

next would be cesarz he can go to 2nd zone now or tommorow i think ... and what? every one can defeat him? i dont think so, next blodsugare, elisabeth, zeruel ... they are all good player or very good ( in my opinion eli and zeru are best ) and u think that they will have 48 atack per day? no way ... they can be deafeat just by each other and few more player

from my little fan, which i love:

"i want nothing more than to see EoD rot and Zuborin with it."

thx ;*
11-28-2007 20:59 Zauborin is offline Search for Posts by Zauborin Add Zauborin to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I must say I agree with those disagreeing Smile making further limitations on number of attacks would stop high lvl players from developing.

11-28-2007 21:29 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: The Source

And we must never hinder the high level players Wink

11-28-2007 21:39 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I don't want to see a change in the attack limits. I think it's just fine as is.

11-28-2007 21:56 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Eoin

Yes, pander to the top ten, as usual
Yes, thats meant to sound scornful

Zauborin - no im not jealous, i dont want to be the top ranker, it would leave me as a point marker for desire and dislike, and i dont want that.
it would also leave me with little to work for.

i said 20 because i couldnt be bothered to count.

11-28-2007 22:05 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Eoin

In fact we mustn't hinder anyone Wink

11-28-2007 23:04 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
draculaisemo
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
There always should be something risky

something risky implies impeded progress.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
We mus'nt hinder anyone

not hindering is not impeding progress.

these two dont work together.

theres no need for something to always be risky, and if you intend not to hinder anybody, then ambushes wouldnt happen at all would they

11-28-2007 23:08 draculaisemo is offline Homepage of draculaisemo Search for Posts by draculaisemo Add draculaisemo to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for draculaisemo
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

You can be only attacked twice by one vampire per day.
If you don't like to lose so often then go into lower zone or be stronger.
11-29-2007 09:45 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Suggestion: Attack limit

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH